Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
SFCSNOW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
With everything going on do you think prices will go down? If so how much?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have no idea... however, at year end when the new model year hits the lots is when you will be able to get your best prices of the year... but with that said... plenty of 2019 units still on the lots... so go figure...

Personally, I am shopping for a boat right now.... cash in hand... also waiting to see what bargins come around...

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What kind of boat are you looking for?

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
In 50 years of buying vehicles I have never seen the price go down on new vehicles?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
What about used trucks?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nealglen37
What about used trucks?

Everybody is driving a used truck.

Without exception... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There will be better incentives, but prices won't come down.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Saw a 2020 4 Door/4wd/full bed[6']-work series 1500 Silverado listed close by at $35,500 yesterday

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have been looking for the last two weeks. I had a pickup bought in Spokane. Worked with the salesman over email and settled on Friday night as far as price. Called him Saturday morning to make arrangements to send them PO. While I was getting the email address for the finance guy the salesman stops mid sentence and says he can't sell me the pickup because someone has come in to another salesman and is trying to make a deal. I told him we had all ready negotiated a deal and I was sending payment. Sales-manager told him I was out.

couple days later I was working with a salesman at a different dealership and we were going back and forth about price after trade in and he then tells me that a person just put a deposit on that pickup and I am out. I have had a couple other dealerships work with me, but their pricing is a joke and I thanked them and said goodbye. I figured that dealerships would be willing to sell some vehicles with this shutdown, but I am learning that is not the case. The other one that gets me is GM has come out and said they want to help us and is offering 84 months at 0%. I looked up the qualifications and it only applies to those WELL qualified customers. I called a GM dealer and ask about the 0% and he said it would take over an 800 credit score to qualify.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just saw over my lunch break that GM was offering 84 month financing and will deliver a new truck to your door. Nice of them.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I seriously doubt that new or slightly used truck prices will fall much if any.

NRA Patron
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Seeing how they want as much for a new truck,I'll probably be driving my '90 F250 for the next 20 years as well!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SFCSNOW
With everything going on do you think prices will go down? If so how much?

I don't believe they will drop below what they normally offer. As inventory decreases dealers will hold out for money per unit simply because they can no long do volume sales.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by dale06
I seriously doubt that new or slightly used truck prices will fall much if any.

Agreed - US auto makers have shut down a lot of production capacity, so there's not a glut of new vehicles to sell. It's a supply vs. demand kinda thing, ya know?

That said, I bought a new truck from the Lesser-48 at the end of 2019 and got a good deal - roughly 10% below employee pricing.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Dave Smith in Kellogg I dee ho! I haven't purchased from them, but family members say they are the best deal in the Northwest!

Last edited by Heym06; 03/26/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Heym06
Dave Smith in Kellogg I dee ho! I haven't purchased from them, but family members say they are the best deal in the Northwest!

Their bread winner was internet sales. I sent them a request for a internet quote and they responded that Dave Smith motors does not do internet sales any longer.

Last edited by BluMtn; 03/26/20.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's who I went thru. Had the vehicle shipped to Seattle, then barged to Alaska.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You were in Spokane,, thats spittn distance!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
MSRP won't change, but there will be deals. Neighbor just bought a new F250 gasser today. I don't have details, but his wife, told my wife it was a sweetheart deal.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BluMtn

Their bread winner was internet sales. I sent them a request for a internet quote and they responded that Dave Smith motors does not do internet sales any longer.

Fugg those stealerships, especially GM stealerships. They are giving you the anal probe and shutting down the sale you are already engaged in and have negotiated. The stealership manager probably held off on the sale to see what type of bail out money or incentive was coming along, and not for someone buying the vehicle out from under you. I promise, there is no line of people rushing to dealers’ doors trying to buy $60k+ vehicles out from under you. Not too long ago they were offering $10k “off invoice” and 0%/72 month financing just to move the pos vehicles that they currently have sitting in inventory. Unless the truck you are buying is something very unique or limited production, there will be inventory available, even with the plants currently shut down. I would NEVER deal with a dealership like that, and it has happened to you twice already. Try a buying service like Costco and see what they can do for you. I can guarantee no sales manager will pull that garbage with them.

I just went through a similar situation with one of the boat owners I work with, who was going to take delivery of a new C8 Corvette. The car is built and sitting in a lot waiting for delivery. The stealership told him that they suddenly could not deliver the car for the price they quoted him, and the car price would now increase by an additional $10k. This on a car that cost $90k and that he had paid a deposit for back in August. What the stealership failed to understand is that this guy had previously purchased a number of corvettes through them, including two C7 ZO6s, an C6 ZL1, and a few top level Camaros as well for his kids.
He bought the C8 to drive until they produce a ZO6, that he likely would have ordered from them as well. He told them to go fugg themselves and keep the vette, as well as advising them they had lost a long time high end customer. They tried to sweet talk him and tell him it was a mistake, but he was having none of that. He said he sat down in the Sales Manager’s office, got a cup of coffee, and called one of the big name corvette dealers on speaker making a deal for almost exactly the same car for only $550 over what he would have originally paid. He said he did the whole deal on speaker with the stealership Sales Manager sitting there, and should have the car next week. Fugg them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (B52RadarNav, 44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 16 invisible), 1,289 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,150
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.