Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by duck911
Thanks Doc for the well thought out post. In many conversations with my mother (Ph.d., Nurse Practioner) she has made many of the exact same level headed observations.

The truth is, the trend line of infections is still just about vertical. Until that slows down and science can catch up a bit, I feel we (or at least I) have an obligation to my fellow citizen and my country to ttake this seriously and act accordingly. I reached that decision not because of any fear mongering by the MSM like many here would suggest, but because I am capable of educating myself, open to talking to people in the medical field, and making my own decisions.

Thanks again for the post!

Don’t you mean CASES??

Don't be purposfully obtuse just for the sake of stirring chit. You understand my point - that science has not caught up to the virus yet.
He's not being purposely obtuse, he's just genuinely stupid. That's easy to see from reading his posts. IQ roughly equivalent to that of a carrot.

Thanks, pard.
Don't mention it. Always willing to help.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I can't understand why we're spending $2.5 trillion in stimulus and another $3 trillion in QE if we're going to reopen by Easter. That's ~2 weeks away and those funds are in addition to existing programs like unemployment insurance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for that Doc!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Thanks, Doc R. Missing your once frequent posts on the Fire.

Sorry for my asswhole fire buds back when you once did. smile

Let's go fishing when we get past this.

I have a bud with a lot of catfish in his pond and a real nice Yeti. wink

Take care out there and GOD bless you and yours.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for sharing with us.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Thank you Doctor...truly appreciated

GOD Bless America
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Thanks Doc. Well put, and highly informative.

Until we know more, I'll just stay mostly hunkered down at home behind my cases of toilet paper with my AK 14 and hundred-round clips nearby waiting for Dopey Joe to save us. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Disagree on one point Doc, piss on funding the UN for anything. Also when do you believe the CDC can report the preliminary burden estimates for Covid-19 like they guesstimate for the commom flu ?

Flu estimates October 2019 thru March 2020
38 to 54 million flu illnesses
17 to 35 million flu medical visits
390,000 to 710,000 flu hospitalizations
23,000 to 59,000 flu deaths

In other words , when can we expect some perspective ?

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Accept my thanks, too, Doc.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First of all, I wish you well and healthy. My former (I’m retired) administrator did mention to me Iowa’s allowing retired and “expired” (within five years) health care providers could be pressed into service. I highly doubt it here in Iowa where we have some hundred + cases and “only” one death to date as of last Tuesday. My hospital is only doing emergent surgery now and postponing all elective cases. But, who knows; where are we on the curve of critically ill people?

My wife and I are of the “vulnerable class” and remain mostly home-bound. Not worried or frenzied at all, but going by guidelines as particular to our state to be responsible. Re-evaluation of all this will be given plenty of time later.

As to China, there’s a good article on American Thinker today as to the different communist factions who have used the virus to maneuver for position before ever even acknowledging the virus itself. China is never, ever to be trusted as is true of all Marxist-communists. Cue in the despicable progressives and DNC leadership, who again, showed their true colors in cobbling up the “rescue” bill. https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/03/wake_up_america_emchinaem_is_the_pandemic.html

See also: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/03/wake_up_america_emchinaem_is_the_pandemic.html

As to the economy, there is an interface somewhere between the efficiently sequestering everybody To minimize spread vs. the jump-starting of the economy again before serious failure occurs. Nobody, at this time knows where that point is. It’s clear Trump wants to get people back to work sooner rather than later.

The media? Mostly, without exception, a bunch of ignorant, deluded, deceptive incorrigibles. Which, along with their mother-arm, the DNC leadership and their progressives in this country remain far more insidious and dangerous than this virus will ever be.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 03/26/20.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks Doc! Much appreciated!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
expand our testing to a larger segment of the population

What would that entail? Testing everyone, or everyone who asks, or...? I have none of the symptoms listed on the CDC site nor does anyone in my household, and it is just us here. We go out and climb or hike or the like, mind good preventive practices when we do, etc. so we think we pretty good on the risk front.

Would it make any sense to test one or all of us?

And also: help me understand how that would help us be more predictive. If say 50% of infected become symptomatic, and we test 50% of people who report with symptoms, and 50% of those come back positive....isn’t that enough data to model how many ICU beds and such we will need? Or do the missing data have a large impact because the model is exponential?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finally, the voice of reason...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good info, and thanks for sharing, Doc.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank you for taking the time to give your perspective. Much appreciated.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 16bore
Finally, the voice of reason...

x2. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Hopefully the bedwetters won't come along to argue with you, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As an old test (high tech) guy, you need data to make decisions. To get that we need testing. Test, Test, and Test again. We're not going to get a handle on this until we know who, where, and how many are infected or exposed (antibodies).

Thanks DR.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
DocRocket,

Thanks for taking the time for the research and for posting such a level headed post. You'll never get ahead with this type of info instead of fear hype.
Again, thanks.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks for that Doc. If you have time, I'd know I would get great value of updates on your thoughts as this thing progresses...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks doc...

Molon Labe
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.