-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I almost never do trades but I'm selling-trading a rifle and people seam to think there used items should command the new retail price but my used rifle should stay at the discounted price I am asking....lol. Then when I give them a counter offer they get butt hurt and decline? I guess there trolling and looking for a sucker that will deal....

Tracy

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A lot of people have gotten into the pickin' or dealing game lately. They live on finding something that someone wants to sell, holding it until they find someone that wants to buy. you can make money doing that if you have cash to tie up indefinitely.

If you want to sell and you can find someone else that wants to sell, you can come out ok trading. Gotta figure out if you are the one selling or buying on a trade.

Charlie

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always like the "what's it worth" threads.

Not for someone who wants to sell something they inherited or selling for someone else, that's fine to ask advice, but specifically, "I traded for so and so and don't know what it is, what's it worth?" Really? You have no idea what you traded for but traded anyway? Heck, I've got some K-Mart branded single barrel shotguns I'm looking to trade for original L.C. Smiths...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Agreed. It’s difficult to make it a fair trade when one side is wholesale/discount and the other side is retail .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I rarely ever trade for this reason. Can be a hassle and I don’t have patience for BS.
I buy what I need when I need it and sell what I don’t need when it is convenient.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I used to trade all the time, but if I don’t know the value of what they’re offering I research it and counter if needed.

If they try the retail bit for used goods at full new value I automatically pass.

I never take a beater in trade as well. Only fired 2000 rounds... later fella

Drink and be merry for soldiers die for your freedoms.

Semper Fidelis!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Nimrodtocracy: Welcome to the real world/reality/human nature/modern society.
My advice to you is ignore the cretins as best you can - I have been buying, selling, trading and seeking out second-hand treasures for well over half a century now and I never let the type of situation/attitudes you describe impede my activities.
I have made countless thousands of dollars in profits in my dealings and learning to recognize, accept or ignore "peoples personalities" is just a fact of life. Now, as it was half a century ago and I suspect many centuries ago.
When I am spending my profits and equity cash ins, the last thing on my mind is the impudent cretins who did not aid me in my quest for "easy money"!
I suggest you get some thicker skin or quit indulging in things that perturbs you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Nimrodtocracy: Welcome to the real world/reality/human nature/modern society.
My advice to you is ignore the cretins as best you can - I have been buying, selling, trading and seeking out second-hand treasures for well over half a century now and I never let the type of situation/attitudes you describe impede my activities.
I have made countless thousands of dollars in profits in my dealings and learning to recognize, accept or ignore "peoples personalities" is just a fact of life. Now, as it was half a century ago and I suspect many centuries ago.
When I am spending my profits and equity cash ins, the last thing on my mind is the impudent cretins who did not aid me in my quest for "easy money"!
I suggest you get some thicker skin or quit indulging in things that perturbs you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I'm good VarmintGuy, I know how people are but it blows me away when you can google anything and see the retail price and these nimrods are just trolling for a fool. I thought twice about posting this but I am board sitting at home waiting for this virus thing to be over.

Tracy

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Hey, hey, hey...stop bad mouthing me...I wear the "NIMROD" title proudly...not sure when/how it got to mean what it seems to mean these days...but it used to mean "skilled hunter"...

but i get this thread...i try to follow the rule most boards have about "comments" regarding ads...and as far as trades go...
I never take it personally...it's kind of a phishing scam...

the offer isn't meant to offend...but if I really want a 1974 left-handed titanium plated widget, and have a like new Colt Python...well maybe some lucky duck with that widget will trade for my Python...the worst that can happen is one of us says no...and I have to go use my NIMROD skills to find that damn widget...my .02

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
Hey, hey, hey...stop bad mouthing me...I wear the "NIMROD" title proudly...not sure when/how it got to mean what it seems to mean these days...but it used to mean "skilled hunter"...

but i get this thread...i try to follow the rule most boards have about "comments" regarding ads...and as far as trades go...
I never take it personally...it's kind of a phishing scam...

the offer isn't meant to offend...but if I really want a 1974 left-handed titanium plated widget, and have a like new Colt Python...well maybe some lucky duck with that widget will trade for my Python...the worst that can happen is one of us says no...and I have to go use my NIMROD skills to find that damn widget...my .02

LOL wink

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think some people are just spit balling. You never know. I've traded for things that were a little less valuable than what I was trading for on things that I wanted. I've also gotten stuff a little more valuable than what I was trading for. Goes both ways and it never hurts to ask. I don't mind.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love when someone has to tell you what a great deal they’re giving you in they’re add.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve traded a couple times and happy with the results and hope the other end was too. Had one gentleman include a bunch of reloading stuff that he never mentioned while we were talking that made it a very lopsided trade favorably to me. I offered to compensate but he said it would be an insult. I passed it forward by donating 6 bricks of 22lr to a 4H in Iowa back on 2009.

CK

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.