Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by hanco
What if you own several 270’s and 6.5 Creedmoors

You pee sitting down

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am saving for one. I am also growing out my hair for the man bun.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
See lots of call out threads but I think this is the first come out thread? Not that there's anything wrong with that. , I guess..

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I am saving for one. I am also growing out my hair for the man bun.

Hope you have some $$$ set aside for essential oils

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ltppowell
...or be a 6.5 Creedmoore lover.

But now I'll never find out after seeing how they act.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Doesn’t count until you necked a 270 to 6.5. And no, a 6.5/06 is not the same.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m F***ed...I have a 270 and 6.5
And like the 6.5 better.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Oh man, I'm lovin' this thread. You guys are a hoot!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I got my degree from a music school, The College-Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati. CCM had a lot of students that were experimenting. There was a lot of that sort of thing going on in the dorms. You also had a lot of accidents. Too much beer, too much hormones-- stuff happens.

The question became what to do. I was still kind of half-way considering a path in the Ministry, so deep down inside I wanted to do the right thing. This became a real issue during my Junior year. Freshmen were looking to the older guys for advice. What do you say?

First off, my recommendation is to make a decision. Is this where you see your life going? In 5 or 10 years do you want to be the kind of guy that owns this kind of firearm? Start thinking long term.

Second, shame is a good thing up to a point. It's your soul telling you that you've strayed from the course presented by your moral compass. There is no sense wallowing in it. If you obsess on your compass, you'll miss all the scenery going by. Just keep going, and try to stay on track.

Third, try your best to pick new activities that point you back to where you want to be in life. Make new friends. Go to new activities. Change your habits. Eventually the torment of shame will diminish.

One thing I did for my floor was talking up my social life. I had two fairly steady girlfriends and three others I was seeing regularly. One was a modern dance major. The other had been studying to be nun and. . . well, I got her pointed in a different direction. She went to a nearly all-women's college, just across town a ways. I ended up knowing the whole body of Psych/Soc majors to varying degrees. I organized a party to get some of the sadder cases off their asses and mix with some real women. The first one was a bit of a hash-up-- my buddy John and I were the only men that showed up, leaving us with a dozen or so healthy, fun-loving Catholic women all to ourselves. However, I brought back pictures from the gig, and the next time out, I had a good part of my dorm floor show up. Pretty soon I had a good number of my dorm mates using the 31 Bus on a regular basis to go crosstown to the women's college.

As a result of all this, let me advise that it is good that you came here and got yourself unburdened. I'd now join another thread on this forum that will get you in with the right crowd. I see several threads right now discussing 30-06 and 35 Whelen. These are far more wholesome topics and will get you back on the right track. If you have a 30-06, I'd get it out now and start handling it regularly. If you don't have one, buy one immediately. Take it out to the range and really get to know the rifle and the round. Keep a round or two in your pocket at all times. If you find your thoughts straying. You'll have this token handy to bring yourself back on track.

Don't feel the need to purge. If you have a rifle chambering that you feel has led you astray, keep it. Don't sell it. A lot of guys get into this whole purging thing and try to rid themselves of all tangible reminders. As a result, they end up putting it too far out of their minds and they stray back. Keep it handy. Use it as a milepost to show yourself how you've changed. If you start having longings, you know it is time to get back out to the range and blow some more 30-06.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Doc Shaman gives good advice, take heed.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Utmerket there doc, a true word smith.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I shoot the round the Creedmoor wants to be when it grows up- - - - -a 6.5-06!
Jerry

Yep why go half way? And with that long action there's no gay wad BS with seating length. Seat em out as far as the throat will allow.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Shaman, what if I bought a 30-06 and a Creedmoor at the same time? What does that make me? Is there something wrong with me? What if I like them both just as much?
I’m so confused.... and kind of excited at the same time.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Hookset
Shaman, what if I bought a 30-06 and a Creedmoor at the same time? What does that make me? Is there something wrong with me? What if I like them both just as much?
I’m so confused.... and kind of excited at the same time.

Don’t tell anyone you have the Creed and you’ll be fine. Real men have a 30-06. You’ll be in the closet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That means you're NOT gay.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Just bi 😂

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Shaman, that was awesome.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I got to thinking on this after getting going with my morning. I missed addressing the whole problem with guilt.

Guys get this idea in their head that they've crossed over a fence and there is no going back. If they fell in with the wrong bunch, their friends will just reinforce this idea. It builds for some what seems like an insurmountable block. It's hard for guys to understand that crossing back over is really just as simple as straying to the wrong side of the fence in the first place.

I don't want to get all preachy here, but the whole point of being a Christian is that of forgiveness and redemption. The only thing that doomed Faustus was his belief that he was unredeemable. He marched into Hell voluntarily.

Although I wouldn't advise making a steady habit of crossing the fence one way or the other, I do want to remind you all that it is important to be kind to yourself and do not feel that waking up in a strange pasture is the end of your life. The way back is straight back the way you came. Everyone makes mistakes in life. You've seen what's on the other side now and you'll be stronger for it. In the women's dorm, they had a lot of "Spring Quarter Lesbians." Girls would experiment and then summer recess would come and they'd be back across the fence by fall.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
What if you have a 26 Nosler?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (44mc, 1100mag, 10Glocks, 35, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,256
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.