Print Thread
Hop To
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
.....and I always call it "working remote". Because a lot of people who aren't able to, think "working from home" is like spring break. Which, like those of us who have to also travel for business know, isn't.

Anyhow, what is your routine during this lock down?

For me, I usually work 2 or 3 days, remote, typically Tue, Wed, Fri. Stella The Wonder Doodle is a very competent admin assistant 2 of those days. She stays at home 1 other day, and may be dropped off at doggy day care to play one or two other days, just kind of depends.

But right now, the wife and I are 5 days a week, home.

My routine is:

7:00 am: Wake up. Check e-mails and news from bed.
7:30: downstairs. Coffee, log into work
Mid-morning: While working, on calls, or whatever, fry up a few egg whites for b-fast, throw Stella The Wonder Doodle's ball in the back yard.
lunch: Throw a meal together with the wife, take a 30 min walk with her and Stella The Wonder Doodle if time permits
More work......
4PM: Laptop lids SLAM SHUT. Crack a beer or have a vodka-Fresca. Sit on back deck with wife and Stella The Wonder Doodle.

You?

Last edited by duck911; 03/26/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I keep it the same, wake up shower and get dressed like I would be going to the office.

I hit the home office at 8am same as I do at work.

Get my morning coffee and start working, check emails get people lined out for the day etc... once everything is in order and running smoothly I will fall back to contacting clients, getting new requests out the door and dealing with invoices and billing as needed.

The rest is marketing and planning etc...

I take a lunch at 11:30 and then get back to it. I end the day with briefings from everyone and get them lined out for the next day.

I spend a lot of time on zoom and MS teams which I have found to be very helpful.

The most frustrating part of this all is that I am not as efficient due to set up and internet speed as I would be at the office. I probably work for about 12 hours a day and feel guilty for billing 8 of those hours from home. It is not something I look forward to on a regular basis. It is nice a day here or there but with weeks on end this will be though.

I sent my last email 15 minutes ago and my last proposal 20... however the perks of the home office is I've had a drink by my side since 4:30.

hoping everyone is doing well with this.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Since we've gone to "WFH" status (work from home), I've actually worked more hours per day. I'm not as efficient from home; I need to get a couple more monitors so I'm not just using my laptop.

I try to be logged on and working consistently from 8 to 5, with my normal lunch break. Then I'm typically back at it from about 7, after dinner and walking the dog, until 9:30 or 10.

I work for a small to midsize utility company, supervising our contracts group. I have 5 employees under me with another 5 whose work I supervise, but who don't report to me. We have utilities in 8 states and draft a shyt-ton of contracts, so I'm pretty damn busy. Working from home complicates things a little; I'll be glad when things return to normal, whatever that looks like.

Mike
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've worked remotely since 2001. Lately it's evolved into:
Wake up ~4:00 am, warm up some coffee and open the laptop
work until 10:00 - 11:00 am and then take the dog for a walk
work a few more hours in the afternoon
evenings I keep email caught up and poke around at upcoming projects gathering information and ideas

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Previously I only worked from home occasionally; enough to be pretty good with the tech but not enough to have solid routines. I've set up a nice office, with a large monitor and fullsize keyboard. I know that lots of folks are enjoying tele"working" but I'm working more hours now than at the office.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't really had time to get a routine going.

However, I'm clocking in shortly after 6 and clocking out shortly after 4-- pretty much how I do when I'm at the plant. That lets me cover the end of 3rd shift, all of 1st shift and the beginning of 2nd shift.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from cdn.80000hours.org]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife had a kidney transplant 14 years ago, heavy anti-rejection meds, plus I am 66 so the Co. said WFH.

Wake up 5:15, coffee, check e-mails, call Supt.s as needed. Make sure POs are going out, I have a docking station set up in the dining room, printer and scanner so I can take in quotes and sign, then scan for return.

Check in with my Supt.s to make sure they have everything they need, have a couple of essential DOD Projects going. Do a Corona Virus Web-ex with the Owner every day. Skype in with the Engineers, plus they added a new app yesterday for Team Members to stay up on deliverables (Basecamp).

Do a Web-ex once a week with the Owner's Rep and my Supt. for Schedule check.

Try to stay out of stores any more than necessary, got half an elk left in the freezer and three whitetails, parse that out to the kids and grand kids, we are all doing pretty well food wise.

Take the phone to the gun room and prep brass and load. If they let me, I could get used to this. Check Armadillo trap each early AM after coffee, relocate as needed (buzzards got to eat).

Last edited by worriedman; 03/27/20.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I help manage a call center. Last week our IT staff pulled off a miracle and set up 300+ employees who had never worked outside the office setting to be able to log in and make/take calls from home. I was one of those. Besides my normal paperwork responsibilities, I now have to monitor about 40 employees using Skype for business. It is exhausting so far, and yes I'm also putting in more hours than normal just to get everything done.

As far as routine I'm trying to stay consistent. Get up and do my normal routine. Three Ss, feed and walk the dogs, etc. The nice thing is I'm saving about 1.5 hours of commuting each day, but so far that is getting burned up in extra time online trying to get paperwork done. It's also nice having the wife bring me coffee or a snack occasionally. For now the novelty is cool but eventually I know I'm going to want to be back in the office.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Do a few emails early in the morning to look like I started early. Have breakfast. Launch the boat. Do a few emails at lunchtime to look like I'm working through lunch. Have lunch. Go get some more minnows. Send a few emails around 5:30 to look like I'm working late. Fillet the fish. Oh yeah, con-calls throughout the day from the boat. Crappie are on fire right now.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Wifey is working from home. She is busy all day. I’m going in three days a week, getting paid for 40.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.