Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Sweet jesus. The school shutdown is for a month - 14MAR - 12 APR. Can't we even check the results of that before the bleeder gov says some flip remark on a [bleep] radio station this morning? School "is very unlikely to resume". How a GD press conference? How about we don't get Detroit radio stations? Whether she knows it or not, this is kind of a big deal. Sonofabitch.

Kids are going nucking futs on SM. If the economy was circling the drain, this certainly pulls the plug. No one can say what will happen in two weeks. People NEED to work. Kids need structure. And learning. Waayyy to premature.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/03/27/coronavirus-updates-michigan/2923637001/

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Take a deep breath and chill out Charlie.
Schools are closed around the globe, Kindergarten through College.

The kids are doing classes online from home, pretty much the same structure they have grown use to in modern day classrooms today, everything on the computers.

Most have to show up on time and login, many are even getting one on one facetime with their teachers when needed.

It'll be OK, your concerns are valid but it's all under control.....

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
For what it's worth, talked to a friend of mine who's wife is a teacher. They're looking at some research on kids that were affected by hurricane Katrina. Their finding was that by passing these kids onto the next grade had no negative impact on the kid's education. Guess were going to find out. My two grade school age grandkids are doing exercises on their school supplied ipads every day. The schools are getting ready to institute home schooling via the internet shortly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
at the moment I'm not sure I want to think about kids 30 to a classroom all going back to school mid April.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That much less indoctrination for the little skulls full of mush.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Tough for working parents...

GOD Bless America
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the long run this may show us that we are wasting a lot of tax payer funds on un-necessary buildings, have we out grown the school house?
Just because they've been around since the 1800's don't mean we need to hang on to them for nostalgia.

Pretty hard to have a school shooting with all the kids working from home...

Just a thought............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Quak
Tough for working parents...

A obvious problem that could be overcome in numerous creative ways.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if this stay at home order extends for months, people are going to learn to live with it , become efficient with it and then be productive in spite of it - schools, work, shopping

this could result in a culture shift in the country forever.

Schools will see cost savings, companies will see margins improve, travel costs decrease and stores / restaurants will have developed a better online/curbside presence that will extend beyond the virus.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i hate to see the disruption of lives, but there is nothing to be done about it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
if this stay at home order extends for months, people are going to learn to live with it , become efficient with it and then be productive in spite of it - schools, work, shopping

Schools will see cost savings, companies will see margins improve, travel costs decrease and stores / restaurants will have developed a better online/curbside presence that will extend beyond the virus.

+1

Lot's of good can come from it, very little negative involved.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I don’t understand the logic behind all this.

If we practice mass quarantine to keep at risk populations from exposure at what point do we say we can return to normalcy? Wouldn’t such a change trigger the very event we’ve been trying to avoid?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

If we practice mass quarantine to keep at risk populations from exposure at what point do we say we can return to normalcy? Wouldn’t such a change trigger the very event we’ve been trying to avoid?

yea that seems to be the elephant in the room - until there is a vaccine, unless heat causes this to be seasonal, then as soon as we go back to normalcy, this thing is going to flair back up

I would think they are going to "ration" normalcy across the nation by allowing geographic regions that have it under control to go back to work and social activities on a limited basis - until the numbers start to flare back up and then we go back to isolation

and if you are to believe we have to follow the standard protocols, then a vaccine is still 12-14 months out.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
After this is over, it’s gonna be tough for the govt. and the everyday people to get things back rolling.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA

The neighbor kid that works for me on and off has been in my home office working on his college classes all morning, his school is closed until further notice.
I just got back from picking up our curb-side lunch from this place, https://www.cattledogcoffeeroasters.com/menu .

easypeasy

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by efw

Well, that's pretty easy. When the disease is entirely gone or some many people have been infected (and thus presumably immune if still alive), that there are not enough targets to support the continued spread. In other words when "R-naught" is below 1 and will stay below 1 with normal behavior. That will take a LONG time. Anyone that thinks the country will be ready to be "open" again is by midApril or anytime in April is an idiot.

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm all about contingency plans. That's good leadership. However, there is none in place for Michigan schools. It would seem an off-hand remark that schools were unlikely to resume this year would not be in the best interest of keeping the public at large calm. Very poor planning and execution of something this important. We'll get by. We always do.

<sigh> I need to go to the range.

Of course, she closed those too.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I'm all about contingency plans. That's good leadership. However, there is none in place for Michigan schools. It would seem an off-hand remark that schools were unlikely to resume this year would not be in the best interest of keeping the public at large calm. Very poor planning and execution of something this important. We'll get by. We always do.

She only closed DNR managed ranges. Going to a private range will now be known as "excercise" and allowed under her order.

She is altering this order daily as soon as some of the glaring holes are pointed out.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

She only closed DNR managed ranges. Going to a private range will now be known as "excercise" and allowed under her order.

She is altering this order daily as soon as some of the glaring holes are pointed out.

i dont know that she is altering the 'order' itself, but she is definitely changing her interpretation of it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Whoever voted for this looney biatch needs their head examined. Guess they are too dumb to remember Grandmole Grandwhore.
She also says Michigan tax returns received after April 15th will get charged interest.
And by the way, teachers and students can do online studies, but get ZERO credit for it.
The state A.G. is a carpet munching dyke, and the Oakland County Executive is a fayg that was appointed and never voted in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.