Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by steve4102
... Who Prescribe Hydroxychloroquine to Treat Coronavirus…

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...hydroxychloroquine-to-treat-coronavirus/

She is an imbecile. Clearly passing judgement on something she knows nothing about. This so-called governor is creating an ethical dilemma for physicians and other licensed prescribers. Hopefully physicians will exercise their professional judgement and act on behalf of their patients’ best interest, regardless of threatened consequences to their licenses. Akin to “preferably being judged by 12 rather than (their patients) being carried by 6.”

Although the use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 therapy is not conclusively established as effective, the medication is proven safe in the dosages proposed and being currently used.

FDA compassionate use exemptions are specifically designed for situations such as this, in cases of imminently life threatening illnesses without other options and with potential therapeutic efficacy.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E

If Plaquenl proves effective, that would be prima facia that ACE2 inhibitors work, why use a more toxic drug.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by kingston
She’s a disgrace.

She's a Democrat, so...

She is a disgraced democrat

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you had to work in a hospital what would you ask for? A new mask, not!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I see Nevada did the same thing, what rational justifies not considering the use of this drug?

It's cheap, Pharmacys won't make as much money

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
First, I'm clearly not a fan of hers. Playing political football with the people's lives in this state is reprehensible. She takes every opportunity to bask Federal response. It's abhorrent that she consider the residents of Michigan and does not work with the POTUS, instead always swimming against the current. Now I just found out that she may cancel the rest of the school year without seeing how this suspension ending 12 April plays out. JFC.

However, the letter is to warn prescribers that are hoarding the Hydroxycholorquine and Z-pack for their families. They are literally writing scripts for hundreds for tablets for themselves. 2 cases have been documented on this side of the state and my sister who's an Rph has seen it where she dispenses. Any scripts with a more than 14 day supply is suspect. Lupus and RA patients who depend on the drug are finding it in short supply. The need for these meds for COVID-19 is ony going to increase.

A prescriber, here in Michigan can write for any drug the FDA has approved. It can be off-label and often is. Should something happen because of prescribed "off-label" pharmaceutical therapy, then the prescriber opens themselves up to litigation, but that's a civil matter and it's why malpractice insurance is so damn high. The letter does not say that they cannot write for COVID-19, just that there is no indication for it. With no indication, that means there is no approved dosing schedule. How many tablets and how often? Is it weight based, age based, etc. Is there any reason it would make COVID-19 patients worse?

Prescriber has a broad definition here in Michigan. Obviously, it applies to any medical doctor with an MD or DO, as well as NPs and PAs. However, it also applies to dentists, veterinarians, psychiatrists, nurse mid-wives, optometrists, podiatrists, and other licensed health people writing under an MD's or DO's DEA number.

Bottom line is that prescribers cannot rx this drug without a legitimate medical reason like lupus, RA, or COVID-19.

A 90 day supply of Plaquenil could easily be 180 tabs, and and two packs back to back of azithromycin are occasionally prescribed. Most pharmacists will not ask a DO, MD, NP, or PA if it is being used for a patient with RD or lupus with an upper respiratory infection, even if the patient is the doctor or their family members. It should not be prescribed by vets, dentists, etc.

Chain store pharmacists either have been or will be told to fill "any legal script" by their main office. As their livelihood is being held hostage, most will do as they are told and broadly interpret what is legal.

These doctors, PA's, and NP's are front line troops are should be allowed to protect themselves and their family. However, they need to grow a pair and tell their neighbors and extended family to back off.

Last edited by MichiganScott; 03/27/20.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 12344mag
She’s a disgrace.

She certainly is, to ban any medicine as a potential treatment is just plain irresponsible. She's only doing it to tow the party line.

I'm not even sure a Governor can do such a thing.

I'm with you. Doesn't this smack of practicing medicine without a license?

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Idaho and Utah Boards of Pharmacy have just now passed the same protocols for dispensing, Other states will follow.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
She’s a disgrace.

She's a Democrat, so...

🍺

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
I see Nevada did the same thing, what rational justifies not considering the use of this drug?

It's cheap, Pharmacys won't make as much money

Way of topic, but this needs to be answered to clear up some misconceptions.

its just exactly opposite, they will make more money.

Any "high cost drug" such as insulin and biologicals, and drugs under patent that have a lot of cash out of pocket are not bought by the consumer. As a percentage basis they are "bought" by the insurance company with a very small, percentage paid as a copay by the consumer. The copay is the pharmacy"s net. This net is rarely above 3% profit margin.

The same is true for narcotics. From a business point of view both are a pain to carry for small independents due to the high inventory costs, additional recording and reporting costs. One of the reasons for the disappearance of small drug stores.

For chains they are a draw knowing the customer will probably buy a higher margin something else,, cosmetics etc.

say a "packet" of Plaq. (kind of a cash register ringing sound) costs the pharmacy $3 and they sell it for $3. Nice margin, high turn over, no inventory costs, keep fixed labor working.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The rational, at least in Nevada, whether well advised or not, is that they want the drugs available for the hospitals to use on acute cases. They are afraid everyone will rush to their GP and ask for prophylactic prescriptions and exhaust the supply.
So, instead of "lowering the curve" by using the drugs for early cases, they will wait till you are on deaths door to maybe give you some.
Boils down to Dumbocrat politicians practicing medicine, and they should be jailed, or worse.
Our Gov was being advised by a rube with a doctorate of affirmative action.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by NVhntr

The rational, at least in Nevada, whether well advised or not, is that they want the drugs available for the hospitals to use on acute cases. They are afraid everyone will rush to their GP and ask for prophylactic prescriptions and exhaust the supply.
So, instead of "lowering the curve" by using the drugs for early cases, they will wait till you are on deaths door to maybe give you some.
Boils down to Dumbocrat politicians practicing medicine, and they should be jailed, or worse.

Idaho's governor just signed the same type of bill, at the same sitting he signed Constitutional Carry for Idaho.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E

Thrombic Microangiopahthies severe enough to prohibit prophylactic use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pick your poisen; nobody gets out alive.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
First, I'm clearly not a fan of hers. Playing political football with the people's lives in this state is reprehensible. She takes every opportunity to bask Federal response. It's abhorrent that she consider the residents of Michigan and does not work with the POTUS, instead always swimming against the current. Now I just found out that she may cancel the rest of the school year without seeing how this suspension ending 12 April plays out. JFC.

However, the letter is to warn prescribers that are hoarding the Hydroxycholorquine and Z-pack for their families. They are literally writing scripts for hundreds for tablets for themselves. 2 cases have been documented on this side of the state and my sister who's an Rph has seen it where she dispenses. Any scripts with a more than 14 day supply is suspect. Lupus and RA patients who depend on the drug are finding it in short supply. The need for these meds for COVID-19 is ony going to increase.

A prescriber, here in Michigan can write for any drug the FDA has approved. It can be off-label and often is. Should something happen because of prescribed "off-label" pharmaceutical therapy, then the prescriber opens themselves up to litigation, but that's a civil matter and it's why malpractice insurance is so damn high. The letter does not say that they cannot write for COVID-19, just that there is no indication for it. With no indication, that means there is no approved dosing schedule. How many tablets and how often? Is it weight based, age based, etc. Is there any reason it would make COVID-19 patients worse?

Prescriber has a broad definition here in Michigan. Obviously, it applies to any medical doctor with an MD or DO, as well as NPs and PAs. However, it also applies to dentists, veterinarians, psychiatrists, nurse mid-wives, optometrists, podiatrists, and other licensed health people writing under an MD's or DO's DEA number.

Bottom line is that prescribers cannot rx this drug without a legitimate medical reason like lupus, RA, or COVID-19.

A 90 day supply of Plaquenil could easily be 180 tabs, and and two packs back to back of azithromycin are occasionally prescribed. Most pharmacists will not ask a DO, MD, NP, or PA if it is being used for a patient with RD or lupus with an upper respiratory infection, even if the patient is the doctor or their family members. It should not be prescribed by vets, dentists, etc.

Chain store pharmacists either have been or will be told to fill "any legal script" by their main office. As their livelihood is being held hostage, most will do as they are told and broadly interpret what is legal.

These doctors, PA's, and NP's are front line troops are should be allowed to protect themselves and their family. However, they need to grow a pair and tell their neighbors and extended family to back off.

Not really ,, there is no "diagnosis of patient condition" on the RX. Pharmacist doesn't care what the doc is using it for.
If management says anything upon the refusal of the Pharm, to fill , Pharm just says "you know I have to write a letter to the state board know and let them figure it out" No way a chain wants that.
Put that together with the "whistleblower act" and the chains go out of the way to stay clean.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
While I disagree with the order, however, the intent is to prevent hoarding. I'm sure a hospitalized patient with a confirmed C19 diagnosis would be able to receive the drugs (if not, then she really is a commie). Having undiagnosed toilet paper "shoppers" getting "their" supply of these drugs prevents those that need the drugs from getting them.

Case in point: Tamiflu hoarders during the H1N1 scare of a few years ago. Members on this forum were posting pictures of their hoard. And probably still have them.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
..............what rational justifies not considering the use of this drug?

Because it's what Trump wants.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Pick your poisen; nobody gets out alive.

Yes.. so true, *the procedure was a grand success, but the patient died"

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
While I disagree with the order, however, the intent is to prevent hoarding. I'm sure a hospitalized patient with a confirmed C19 diagnosis would be able to receive the drugs (if not, then she really is a commie). Having undiagnosed toilet paper "shoppers" getting "their" supply of these drugs prevents those that need the drugs from getting them.

Case in point: Tamiflu hoarders during the H1N1 scare of a few years ago. Members on this forum were posting pictures of their hoard. And probably still have them.

Hoarding has been going for many years with drugs.
a side effect (pun intended) of hoarding has caused the beginning and growth of the out of country drug market, including counterfeit and mislabeling market and increase of the "good" drug costs across the board.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Huntz
Start a petition to recall the bitch.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/852/267/186/impeachment-of-governor-gretchen-whitmer/

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (219DW, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 56 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,353
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.