S
what the heck is that

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
drop biscuits, pan gravy, eggs over soft,

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cooking up some good eastern North Carolina air dried country sausage this morning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
i woudn't mind trying that

IC B2

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is fermented sausage and we can buy it semi-air dried or air dried. It is really great. But it is not as good as it used to be just like our country hams aren't either. The dang government got involved and now the air dried sausages have to start with refrigeration which limits some of the microbes that added the great flavor. Our country hams were great when the green mold grew on them but now most folks sale fresh hams because they have to use more salt and keep them salted longer before hanging. In the old days you would get a country ham and the seller would stick an ice pick in the ham, pull it out and smell it. He'd either say that one took or that one didn't take. They were less salty and much better. These sausages are kind of the same way as they have a little more salt. But we still cook them the same way. fry em up on low heat and then add water to hydrate. I've had folks say it's the best breakfast sausage they have ever had.

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by CWT
This is fermented sausage and we can buy it semi-air dried or air dried. It is really great. But it is not as good as it used to be just like our country hams aren't either. The dang government got involved and now the air dried sausages have to start with refrigeration which limits some of the microbes that added the great flavor. Our country hams were great when the green mold grew on them but now most folks sale fresh hams because they have to use more salt and keep them salted longer before hanging. In the old days you would get a country ham and the seller would stick an ice pick in the ham, pull it out and smell it. He'd either say that one took or that one didn't take. They were less salty and much better. These sausages are kind of the same way as they have a little more salt. But we still cook them the same way. fry em up on low heat and then add water to hydrate. I've had folks say it's the best breakfast sausage they have ever had.

thanks, i find that all very interesting

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey sse,

Here is a small article on this sausage. This is the brand I buy but as a kid I remember the good stuff at Edge Brothers in Snow Hill, NC. That was where I was born and my mothers side of the family still lives today. Edge Brothers is no longer there so I have to settle for the best I can find and this is it.

https://www.ncfolk.org/2011/macs-air-dried-sausage/

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by CWT
Hey sse,

Here is a small article on this sausage. This is the brand I buy but as a kid I remember the good stuff at Edge Brothers in Snow Hill, NC. That was where I was born and my mothers side of the family still lives today. Edge Brothers is no longer there so I have to settle for the best I can find and this is it.

https://www.ncfolk.org/2011/macs-air-dried-sausage/

thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spam American cheese scramble breakfast tacos. Yup home made blue corn tortillas.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Spam American cheese scramble breakfast tacos. Yup home made blue corn tortillas.

thing a beauty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huevos Ranchos Verde

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like !!

Paul.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Daughters made Momma and I flap jacks, breakfast links and fresh ground coffee this morning.

damn good.

"Maybe we're all happy."

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
i've gotta make pancakes again. I saw the one j_con posted and came up with something similar, probably should get some blueberries, too. it is amazing how readily available some fruits and vegetables are, as opposed to being seasonal. of course the seasonal local product is much better, but still the foreigner items come in handy sometimes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Saturday - guac, parma & dirty fried egg;

Sunday - bacon, egg n crab apple syrup;

Paul.

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
pretty nice breakfast fare

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by sse
i've gotta make pancakes again. I saw the one j_con posted and came up with something similar, probably should get some blueberries, too. it is amazing how readily available some fruits and vegetables are, as opposed to being seasonal. of course the seasonal local product is much better, but still the foreigner items come in handy sometimes.

Interesting thing about those pancakes I posted.

Last several times we ate those, my wife cooked them.

They were salty! We could not figure it out. MAYBE a change of baking powder??

We, I made them yesterday morning and figured it out right away.

I use Kosher salt....she uses fine salt when she cooks.

A teaspoon of Kosher should have been like two thirds teaspoon fine salt....maybe less.

Its important to keep your salts straight!

I am MAGA.
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
don't mess with salt ya can't take it out

Page 11 of 96 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 95 96

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, 16penny, afisher, Anaconda, Amos63, 12 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,100
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.