-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welded and fabricated all morning. Painted a spare bedroom in the afternoon. Reloaded some 22-250 ammo this evening.

Crappy weather so it was a good day to do the inside work.

Even though I'm considered essential, my real job is now just 3 days a week. Loving this schedule/shutdown thing and not having to go anywhere.

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not any turkey on FTCKY that's for sure....
LOL!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The canal co. has turned the water down the main canal. It'll be in the laterals in a couple weeks. So, it's time to get the ditches burned & dug out. I'm 90% done with that although I have a run of concrete ditch that needs some minor crack repair.

The garden's a mess. It'll be 6 to 8 weeks before we can start planting but I have a lot of cleanup that I didn't get done last fall (hunting season, you know). We took out 7 hybrid poplars this winter and I still have a bunch of limbs to run through the chipper. My wife likes the chips to mulch her flower garden.
She's no longer using a patch of ground for flowers so I'll reseed it with pasture grass and move a fence to include it when it's well established. Llama pasture.

We're not short of stuff to do.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve been catching up on the non stop farm work. But it’s what I enjoy doing. Getting everything ready for spring planting. Will be fixing about a mile of fence today. Have managed to get a bit of loading a shooting done as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Worked remotely from home, but at lunch I tested some ammo in a nice AR15.
In the same line, I converted my Dillon 550 from 44 Special to 223. First time I did that conversion, it was not bad, but I needed to change a lot of stuff. Powder bar, small primer feed, set up dies, change shell plate. Lucky I had a unused powder measure conversion unit. With that done I can flip back to 44 special pretty quick.
I am thinking of a second 550.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Getting some dry rub on a pork butt for the smoker tonight.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Enjoying the longest spell at home in three years... Not near as productive as most of ya'll! Oh, put this together casually over the past couple evenings. Bartered for the leg brackets a few years ago on here... And rigged up a 20 watt solar panel and some amazing LED floodlights for my pole barn. Just 40 watts of light does wonders. Getting some new fly fishing equipment together too.

Insert Picture Here!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 03/28/20.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Replaced the sway bar bushings on my Pathfinder. Plan to replace a torn boot on the rack and pinion steering link today. Over the next two weeks will be yard work, painting and lots of reading Jack O’Conner.
Use your time wisely and enjoy some time with family. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
All my squash seed washed into one place. Transplanted them back where they are supposed to be.

Last edited by hanco; 03/28/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MTGunner

Use your time wisely and enjoy some time with family. MTG

So true 'Gunner. Before you know it we will be back to what it was a month ago.

I've found this whole shut-down thing very refreshing and great break to the normal cycle. No meetings, no reason to go anywhere you don't have to, and no other BS to virtually take up every minute of your time. You get so caught up in it you don't realize how much time it takes. I've contacted friends and family that I haven't talked with much the past few years just to see how they are doing which is something that never happens with a normal schedule.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yesterday: Worked remotely from home. I had some extra hours in last week, so I only owed them 5 hours. The rest of the day was spent checking my beehives, mowing, and fishing a bit in our 1+ acre pond. Today I'll spend some more time in my hives, finish up the mowing, and probably drown a few more worms.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Been pulling wire and installing plumbing at the new house on the mountain this week. Headed home when I get coffee’d up enough to drive. My kind of social distancing.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been working from home mostly because what I was working on was my garage. Got it cleaned out and repainted. Even has a car in it now...

The last couple of days I've been working on a carved stag knife handle. It was going to be a wedding present for a couple that is getting married the first of May. Except now it will put off because of the virus. Going to finish the knife anyway...

Harry
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Built a small retaining wall to extend wife’s garden.

Relaxing tonight, one beer in, the receptacle for the dishwasher blows. How often does that happen?

1.5 hours of screwing around in a cramped space to replace it. Invented a few new words.

I got one of them fancy non electric models. Doubles as a sex doll, and autonomous vacuum cleaner, too. Even has a job. Those electric dishwashers are overrated...😂

Took a ride on the bike, made some biscuits, found a shipping container for the new place, got all the stuff I need to do next week mapped out. Took a walk with my wife, loved on her a bit, and the day was over. Calm before the storm. Work is stacking up like mad,

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 03/28/20.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This thing has shut my business down until probably fall. Going to need to be up and running by Q4 or things are going to get sporty. So the wife has decided that during my hiatus, "we" should do a complete master bath re-do. I already started demo, cutting up the tub enclosure and tearing out drywall. Her "job" is to pick out colors, tile, vanities, mirrors, hardware, etc. That woman needs to go back to work.

Fun stuff is reloading a couple flats of 12ga for sporting clays, tear down, clean, and lube all the toys in the safe, and hopefully get out turkey hunting in a month or so.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I discovered to my great delight that I can load 120 grain bullets with less powder than I had thought- a lower minimum. After some testing of best COAL last week I measured to ogovie of Sierra Prohunters and Speer Gold dots and loaded a few a piece to compare.

Good news is I think the Prohunters will perform a bit better after reducing loads 2 grain.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
tiling a shower i built this past week.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've got a 3 vessel brewery in my basement capable of 10 gallon batches and a couple hundred pounds of barley malt....I'll keep busy.

Also hitting my yoga workouts twice a day, walking the dog regularly and dusting off my dumbbells.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I started going through decades' worth of accumulation in the garage. Time to clear out a bunch of stuff. I see Classifieds in the future, as well as thrift store.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Getting guns tuned up that I have been meaning to address for a long time. Floating, triggers, etc.
Reloading and cleaning my disaster area so that I can find stuff.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (007FJ, 160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,791 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.