Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Condolences and prayers for your family and your mother....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Wow, very sorry for the situation. I wish your mom and all of you the best on a long road of recovery ahead.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm sure there's people here that would send a donation or even just a card or flowers...

Could you post up which hospital and room number, or name of your mom to direct those to?

I'll be the first in line, if you provide that.

Thanks.

I don't want to post it on this thread but if yall will PM me then I'll send the info.

NRA life of duty member
TN Firearms Association member
Hand gun carry permit
Law enforcement carry card
C&R license from atf
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Prayers for your mom and family. Lots of those drugs really whack peoples senses.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Barkoff
That is pretty terrible. It’s been standing belief in law enforcement that it’s rare women shoot themselves, opting for other less dramatic methods of suicide. Probably an accident. Hope she comes through OK, hang in.

I work in law enforcement and that's been the case in my experience.

Im contacting an attorney monday because I believe that only a psychiatrist or family practice dr can write lexapro and xanax together. I don't think it's lawful for a gastro dr to do it.

NRA life of duty member
Hand gun carry permit
C&R license from atf
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
What a terrible thing. Prayers sent from Alberta for strength, healing and comfort for your mom and entire family.

What man, on his death bed, ever lamented, "God, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by tngunenthusiast42
What's bad is no one saw it coming. She was out pulling weeds which is one of her favorite chores. Dad was around back doing something. He said he heard a gunshot and went inside and found her. He said he thought she was dead.

I did find out that for some odd reason her gastrointerologist put her on xanax and lexapro combined and that mom was drinking yesterday for some reason. I think she didnt realize what she was doing and in her stupor was messing with dads gun and shot herself. But she never drank so that was probably her signal for help.

Mom has never liked guns and been deathly afraid of em.

At 10:22 am mom got out of surgery and the plastic surgeon reconstructed her jaw as best he could but he said there was extensive damage and that she'd require on down the road more jaw surgeries and probably oral surgery on her teeth. She'll also need speech therapy but she's alive and doing well. No longer has a brain bleed either and no sign of brain damage according to newest ct scan.

What has pissed me off about this whole situation is dad knew she was drinking and didn't tell anyone and didn't try to stop her even though she was on medication you didn't drink on. I asked him why he didn't try and stop her. He says because she was a big girl and an adult and she could do what she wanted. Part of me blames my dad for this and part of me doesn't.

Sad ta hear what happened.
Hopefully she will recover well.
Has ta be some back burner dynamics going on from what you describe between them happening and not happening.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I guess just concerned about my mom.

NRA life of duty member
Hand gun carry permit
C&R license from atf
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Barkoff
That is pretty terrible. It’s been standing belief in law enforcement that it’s rare women shoot themselves, opting for other less dramatic methods of suicide. Probably an accident. Hope she comes through OK, hang in.

I work in law enforcement and that's been the case in my experience.

Im contacting an attorney monday because I believe that only a psychiatrist or family practice dr can write lexapro and xanax together. I don't think it's lawful for a gastro dr to do it.

Horrible to hear. So sorry for your mom and all involved.
Save your money on the attorney (at least for this specific issue) however. Perfectly lawful.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are still praying for your mother.

Let her know, the prayer warriors on the Campfire are praying.

God bless.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How terrible and I’m sorry you’re having to go through this. My mom tried several times when I was a teenager many years ago with pills. She finally had to be institutionalized for a year before she was mentally fit to come home. Really [bleep] time in my and my sisters lives. Don’t be too hard on your dad - I’m sure he’s doing that all by himself. I know mine did.

God bless! You and your family will be in my prayers!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Most of my family says a rosary every night during Lent. We'll say tomorrow's for your mother and family.

I'm sorry for what you're experiencing and I hope for the best for your family. -tnscouter

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm sure there's people here that would send a donation or even just a card or flowers...

Could you post up which hospital and room number, or name of your mom to direct those to?

I'll be the first in line, if you provide that.

Thanks.

I don't want to post it on this thread but if yall will PM me then I'll send the info.

Maybe consider ‘Go Fund Me’.

That can be very productive for the truly needy.

Best wishes for your family.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
God bless your mother and your family.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wow... Prayers coming sir..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had she just started the Lexapro within the past couple of weeks? I know for a fact that it will totally fuqk your mind up when you're first getting on it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Prayers sent.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she comes through a-ok with a full recovery....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Had she just started the Lexapro within the past couple of weeks? I know for a fact that it will totally fuqk your mind up when you're first getting on it.

No,

I think she'd been on it for a while. It was supposedly helping her ulcerative colitis.

NRA life of duty member
Hand gun carry permit
C&R license from atf
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,434 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.