Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've been hearing all this hype about Andrew Cuomo lately. Folks are saying that Biden is deteriorating so much that he won't be viable by the convention. My opinion was he wasn't viable before 2008, but what do I know? Cuomo is being touted as the most likely guy to come in at the last minute and take the nomination and go on to beat Trump in November.

Here's what I do not understand: Cuomo's state is right now a cesspool of Covid-19. You can blame some of that on deBlasio, but an astute guy like Cuomo could have closed the bridges leading out of NYC. There's all sorts of things he could have done to minimize the spread of the virus in his state, but he didn't. Now he's the Democrat's top pick?

Here's one place where the numbers don't lie. When there are refugees flooding out of a guy's state and his neighbors are trying round them up and send them back, you don't go saying "This is the guy for me!"

Optics? I've tried to stay on top of all this. I'm over 60 and I've got a bunch of complications; if it hits me, I'll be one they put off to the side on a gurney in the hall. I watch this stuff intently. Optics? Cuomo screams that the Feds need to build him hospitals right frickin' now. Trump says he'll send a hospital ship to NYC. How come Andrew can't build his own frickin' hospitals? How long does building a hospital take (versus pulling a hospital ship into the harbor). To me, Cuomo has been a day late and a dollar short on all this from the get-go, and if memory serves me, he was poo-pooing the problem back over the winter.

Why is this the guy I should dump Trump for? How is he somehow better than Joe or Bernie or Fauxcahontas? Is it becaus he somehow looks Presidential? Is it because his feelings are in the right place? What? Tell me? What's this guy got that DJT doesn't?

. . . well, besides a brother that works at CNN.

Please, someone point me in the right direction.

Last edited by shaman; 03/29/20.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's going to be Hillary. NFW will she let anyone else have it

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by hicountry
It's going to be Hillary. NFW will she let anyone else have it

Good!
I’d love to see her lose again!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Cuomo had the chance to buy ventilators for the people of NY, he declined and instead invested in the liberal agenda.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Cuomo needs to continue to snivel in place.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The hospital ship is on it's way. It left Norfolk, VA yesterday. They're putting it in a cruise ship birth but they have to dredge it a little to get enough depth. I can't find any word on when it will arrive. The ship will be handling NON-CV19 cases to take the load off the city hospitals.

As far as Cuomo goes, the Dems are desperate for ANYONE who might have a long shot at beating Trump. They don't have a single viable candidate at this time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Cuomo is a lot of things including a class A POS, but I don't think he's stupid. I've believed for a long time he is setting himself up for a run in 2024 when he has a good chance of winning. I don't think he's going to let the DNC draft him to run against Trump.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cuomo had the chance to buy ventilators for the people of NY, he declined and instead invested in the liberal agenda.

True story. ^

Cuomo is worse than bloomberg and better at hiding it.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bbassi
Cuomo is a lot of things including a class A POS, but I don't think he's stupid. I've believed for a long time he is setting himself up for a run in 2024 when he has a good chance of winning. I don't think he's going to let the DNC draft him to run against Trump.

Reasonably astute. ^

It wont be him in 2020.
He is a POS
Many will be fooled that he isnt a POS becuase he has political instinct.
Just remember, he's a POS.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Cuomo is gender challenged. What a do nothing Whiny Bitch, just like his father.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The hospital ship is on it's way. It left Norfolk, VA yesterday. They're putting it in a cruise ship birth but they have to dredge it a little to get enough depth. I can't find any word on when it will arrive. ..

Not a sailor, but if the ship can't make that run in less than 30 hours I would be surprised.
Dredging takes time.
We have heard for a week about the 2 hospital ships getting ready to go U/W.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
NY is bankrupt

Sure, let's put him in charge of the country...

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The hospital ship is on it's way. It left Norfolk, VA yesterday. They're putting it in a cruise ship birth but they have to dredge it a little to get enough depth. I can't find any word on when it will arrive. The ship will be handling NON-CV19 cases to take the load off the city hospitals.

As far as Cuomo goes, the Dems are desperate for ANYONE who might have a long shot at beating Trump. They don't have a single viable candidate at this time.

It arrives Monday and will begin taking patients Tuesday.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I think 2024 is when he will try. Trump knows all of Andys crimes and faults.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bbassi
NY is bankrupt

Sure, let's put him in charge of the country...

This, among other things. he has no record to run on. Our state has been at the top for residents leaving for the last several years, to the tune of 80,000 a year. Cuomo says it is because of the weather, obviously has nothing to do with him running the state into the ground, LOL! NYC thinks he is great, pretty much all of upstate has no use for him. Which is a big reason he chose not to run, upstate is pretty much like middle america. He can't win that vote. This gushing the media is doing over him right now isn't enough to eclipse his record, and middle America isn't really interested in a NYC liberal being President when it comes down to it.

https://wnyt.com/politics/cuomo-re-elected-new-york-governor-after-only-winning-15-counties/5136981/

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i don't like that SOB but i can't see that he did anything different than any other governor would have. can you imagine if he had closed NYC weeks ago when it would have made a difference? the public outcry would have been deafening. this is the same as blaming trump for not reacting in time. who the hell would have thought this would happen like this? i blame the f ucken chinese. they live like animals in a schithole country because their govt is repressive, controlling and corrupt. get rid of the chicom's and this problem would not have happened like this.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rem141r
i don't like that SOB but i can't see that he did anything different than any other governor would have. can you imagine if he had closed NYC weeks ago when it would have made a difference? the public outcry would have been deafening. this is the same as blaming trump for not reacting in time. who the hell would have thought this would happen like this? i blame the f ucken chinese. they live like animals in a schithole country because their govt is repressive, controlling and corrupt. get rid of the chicom's and this problem would not have happened like this.

You are correct. He hasn't done anything special during this crisis, other than hold his "daily chat with Andy" press conferences. He and Trump have pretty much been step for step during this. The media likes one of them and hates the other and the coverage reflects that for anyone paying attention.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with that they seem to be trying to draft Cuomo, but in any scenario like that I would think that Bernie and his supporters would stage a revolt..... will be interesting.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by shaman

Why is this the guy I should dump Trump for? How is he somehow better than Joe or Bernie or Fauxcahontas? Is it becaus he somehow looks Presidential? Is it because his feelings are in the right place? What? Tell me? What's this guy got that DJT doesn't?

. . . well, besides a brother that works at CNN.

Please, someone point me in the right direction.

You need to ask the resident Bolsheviks.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TimZ
I agree with that they seem to be trying to draft Cuomo, but in any scenario like that I would think that Bernie and his supporters would stage a revolt..... will be interesting.

I have been thinking that as well. If they jump right over Bernie to someone who hasn't gone through the process I think they have a similar problem to 2016 where Bernie's supporters turn their back on their nominee. Democrats are still in a bad, bad place with 7 months to go.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,577
Posts18,510,860
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.