Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I personally know one, an old family friend, 77 year old retired school teacher and the only confirmed case in our county so far. The only reason I know it was him is because a sister of his told it on Facebook asking for prayers but then soon deleted the post after other family members objected to his identity being revealed to the public.

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Three friends, a family in England.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t know anyone that has contracted this

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

I personally know one, an old family friend, 77 year old retired school teacher and the only confirmed case in our county so far. The only reason I know it was him is because a sister of his told it on Facebook asking for prayers but then soon deleted the post after other family members objected to his identity being revealed to the public.

While I can understand families not wanting publicity, I also believe that it's important that you know whether or not you've been in contact with someone that has it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Does anyone actually know a person infected with this virus? Not a cousin of a friend, or the second cousin of a friend of the kid who cuts your grass, etc. Do you actually know a friend or a relative that has it and been confirmed by a doctor?

two friends, their spouses, and both have 2 children. 2 of the children arent showing symptoms, but i included them because we all figure its inevitable. of those 2 families, they described it as a really bad flu... "a bad 10 days, but 3 or 4 really sucked". All were in excellent to decent health prior, no hospital stays, and except fo the 2 kids mentioned are well on the road to mend.

a 9th is a friend, though no longer close in the least, who is on a vent. 50 yo, weight and other health issues.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
There is no one in my circle of family and friends that has it that I am aware of.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I fully expect to get it. My wife works in healthcare and though they have cut her hours 90something %, i figure we were exposed.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by JamesJr

While I can understand families not wanting publicity, I also believe that it's important that you know whether or not you've been in contact with someone that has it.

I agree for the most part but HiPAA generally does not permit without patient permission. The claim is that medical professionals will interview patient as to who he has been in close contact with and where he has been then go from there.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wife's aunt and uncle are fairly certain they had it. All the symptoms and put them down and out for 10 days or so. They are late 50's or early 60's and in great shape. They are active in CrossFit. For whatever reason they didn't get tested so no confirmation at this time.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by JamesJr

I agree for the most part but HiPAA generally does not permit without patient permission. The claim is that medical professionals will interview patient as to who he has been in close contact with and where he has been then go from there.

Yeah, it's a tough call. If I were suffering from a disease, I would not want the world to know. However, I feel that if I had infected some people, they should have the right to know, so they can get medical treatment. It all relies on everyone being honest...............and that's not always how people are.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, my good friend and gunshow buddy Mike is in a Milwaukee hospital fighting for his life from the virus. He's been on a ventilator and in an induced coma for over a week now. Got a bad phone call last night, now Mike is going into kidney failure and they don't give him much time. Mike had some other complications, diabetes for one, and I'm sure that didn't help him at all. Mike is also a campfire member but I can't recall his user name at the moment. Knowing one is enough!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Yes, my good friend and gunshow buddy Mike is in a Milwaukee hospital fighting for his life from the virus. He's been on a ventilator and in an induced coma for over a week now. Got a bad phone call last night, now Mike is going into kidney failure and they don't give him much time. Mike had some other complications, diabetes for one, and I'm sure that didn't help him at all. Mike is also a campfire member but I can't recall his user name at the moment. Knowing one is enough!

Hope your friend pulls through

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Sorry to say, doesn't sound like it. But truly hoping he does too!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Neighbor;only 4 houses away. She is 79, in hospital in isolation. Her boyfriend is 86.
One would say; that's close to home

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Neighbor;only 4 houses away. She is 79, in hospital in isolation. Her boyfriend is 86.
One would say; that's close to home

Not a favorable age bracket for recovery

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Two people.

My friend in Chicago was told he probably had it while visiting ER. All the symptoms. No test. Felt bad for 2 days then got better. Still in quarantine, but 100%.

My friend’s wife downstate in Michigan got it. They are both doctors. She is doing well. Again, a two day bug then mandatory wait time.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Not a damn person.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

Sorry to hear. Hoping and praying for the best.

Pre existing conditions and general cardio fitness are shiping up to be the 2 biggest predictors for outcome.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again fellas.

There are 80 somethings out there beating this thing like it’s cool. Then there are perfectly healthy younger people who have a rough go, but those numbers are small.

This isn’t something to play with, but your chances of dying from rona are very small. Can happen, yes. But highly unlikely.

If you are careful about staying clean and not touching your face, as well as avoiding sick sneezing people, you have a much greater chance of dying in a car accident IMO.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Nobody.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,839
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.