-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The opportunity to buy better goods has always been there. The money to do so, not so much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When old man Walmart was living they sold American products.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One time I shopped for work boots and found almost notihng made in the US. I would prefer to buy and pay more for made in the USA. i think most would. Walmarts of the world are pushing chinese goods, not me.
Back in the '70's, one of the EPA's early major decisions was to outlaw the glue used to attach soles to shoes and boots. There was no suitable substitute so the entire US shoe industry died almost overnight. Only those with sewn-on soles could be made here. All the rest went to China and other countries.
You can't blame Walmart and others for that initial move. It was our own government.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Try to find any clothes made in the USA.

Probably half the guns are made in foreign countries now, but not in China yet.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard recently that they make 95% of our antibiotics.

If true, that is unbelievable. I wonder what else.

This pandemic is going to have a silver lining. Lots of things not known before are now going to float to the top.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Lots of guns make in China. I think it was Bush who stopped the importation of the Chinese SKS's.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't Clinton stop all the guns and Chinese made ammo from being imported ? I know he sold our missle guidance technology to them and I'm pretty sure he helped get them into the WTO, and I seem to recall that it was him who stopped the SKS's coming in. Don't recall the exact year but I bought my first SKS, a Norinco (made in China) at a gun show in 1992 when FFL's would bring crates of them in and sell them for a hundred bucks apiece, brand new right out of the crate. So it was probably some time after 1992.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
Ya know, I fix old vehicles to recycle them for mine and others use. I buy local parts and make sure, if possible, that parts are made in the U.S. Has been some time since I bought a new car or truck. I still enjoy turning a wrench. Have no new tools as I don’t like chink crap. Therefore, my time is full and the crisis is merely more time to enjoy beings gear head. BTW, my radio is turned to an local country AM station. Great time and good tunes. Be safe everyone. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 22250rem
..........WHAT ??? You don't like communist dictatorships ???....... You're a RACIST and a BIGOT !!!!!!.........(insert sarcasm icon here).

Sniff sniff... That's probably the nicest thing anyone has said to me on here.

grin

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

You almost have to do it online.... I usually buy from:
Diamond Gusset jeans
All American clothing Co
Wigwam socks
Bayside T shirts
Red wing boots

If you look hard enough it can be done....

Last edited by bobinpa; 03/29/20.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Blackheart
..........WHAT ??? You don't like communist dictatorships ???....... You're a RACIST and a BIGOT !!!!!!.........(insert sarcasm icon here).
I don't care so much about the communist part but the nasty f.uckers eat bats and rats and DOGS ! As far as I'm concerned, they should be blackballed from the human race for that.

They eat what is available.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I don't care so much about the communist part but the nasty f.uckers eat bats and rats and DOGS ! As far as I'm concerned, they should be blackballed from the human race for that.

Have you seen the videos of their meat markets ? I think bat on a stick is a delicacy over there. There was plenty of other meat to eat, like pork and snake and goat. There's plenty of nasty stuff to eat here but not many folks will eat it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Have you seen the videos of their meat markets ? I think bat on a stick is a delicacy over there. There was plenty of other meat to eat, like pork and snake and goat. There's plenty of nasty stuff to eat here but not many folks will eat it.

They eat what is available and mostly what is cheap.
I worked in the PRC for 9 years.

Let push come to shove and you’d eat it too, to get by and to get some protein in you.

Premier Li Peng said that he wanted each Chinese citizen to have one egg per day. Sounded good until someone ran the numbers and found that to do that would require > 6 times the annual grain crop of Australia.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Let push come to shove and you’d eat it too, to get by and to get some protein in you.

Premier Li Peng said that he wanted each Chinese citizen to have one egg per day. Sounded good until someone ran the numbers and found that to do that would require > 6 times the annual grain crop of Australia.
The fuggers eat gross shyt even when they're here. Precisely why I never go to chinese restaurants.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The fuggers eat gross shyt even when they're here. Precisely why I never go to chinese restaurants.

I hear you, Blackheart.

You ought to see them cook turtle soup.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
" >6 times the annual grain crop of Australia...."

Let's hope the weather never wipes out the world rice supply...lol

Better not to take the shot, than to screw it up.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That’s just to feed the chickens to produce the required amount of eggs. Those old hens would be on overtime.

Rice ? Those folks have electric rice cookers the size of a number 3 washtub.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Didn't Clinton stop all the guns and Chinese made ammo from being imported ? I know he sold our missle guidance technology to them and I'm pretty sure he helped get them into the WTO, and I seem to recall that it was him who stopped the SKS's coming in. Don't recall the exact year but I bought my first SKS, a Norinco (made in China) at a gun show in 1992 when FFL's would bring crates of them in and sell them for a hundred bucks apiece, brand new right out of the crate. So it was probably some time after 1992.

Your right. It was Clinton. It was some other fire arms importation stuff where Bush screwed us.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Norinko SKS...$64.00 or $69.00 with oiler and bayonet.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is and isn't good to eat is very egocentric to individual cultures and has little to do with how "nasty" we (USA) think it is. People is USA refrain from eating horse but in other parts of the world it is a standard if not a preferred protein source, same thing for dog. Nothing wrong with horse or dog as a nutritional protein source, but here (USA) is is culturally unacceptable.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.