Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Call me selfish but I gave dearly 30+ years to a great company and am damn happy to be out of it collecting my pensions. I truly feel for those now impacted just as I was in my 30 years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Call me selfish but I gave dearly 30+ years to a great company and am damn happy to be out of it collecting my pensions. I truly feel for those now impacted just as I was in my 30 years.

WTF ? how were you "impacted" ?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Living without family for months at a time for years in [bleep] holes given there was no work that allowed me in the US. You?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Living without family for months at a time for years in [bleep] holes given there was no work that allowed me in the US. You?

Lived on the road 5 days a week for 10 yrs ... for 50k a year... but I don't play the victim card... what a tool

Last edited by irfubar; 03/29/20.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
They say this is a price war between the Saudis and the Russkies, but I see it as an attempt by both, colluding to put the US frackers out of business.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Too many taxes on gas to go below a dollar.

The democrats will add more while it's low, if we let them.

mad

This

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

So did they hold a gun to your head? and were you compensated.... fuggin prick

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM

Oh [bleep].....somebody wants to be thanked for their "service".... Nobody was lined up to give me condolences when the housing market [bleep] the bed in '08. We all live in a system that operates on boom/bust cycles. Enjoy the good times and make sure you save enough to drink your way through the down turns. If you don't have the stones to deal with that, get a job in the public sector. They're always hiring building inspectors and DMV clerks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by EdM

Oh [bleep].....somebody wants to be thanked for their "service".... Nobody was lined up to give me condolences when the housing market [bleep] the bed in '08. We all live in a system that operates on boom/bust cycles. Enjoy the good times and make sure you save enough to drink your way through the down turns. If you don't have the stones to deal with that, get a job in the public sector. They're always hiring building inspectors and DMV clerks.

This fuggin douche loves to post how rich he is .... he was worth 8 million... well until his stock lost 30+ % poor victim.. it was so hard , cry me a fuggin river

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
First off, let me be clear that I am in no way claiming to be any kind of an expert in this field, but consider this: What if the U. S. put a high import fee on crude oil and refined products - and enforced it - to prop up domestic production? Don't get me wrong, I would love to pay around $1.00/gallon for gasoline retail, but our economy cannot stand the massive layoffs that this will cause in our domestic production. These oil companies cannot stay in business if they are not making a profit. If they close down, those workers cannot buy anything or pay their bills. If they cannot spend money on cars, clothes, restaurants, new TVs, washing machines, etc., etc., this will devastate our economy. A lot of people do not understand what a MAJOR impact this industry has on our economy. We are not just talking about a few hundred workers on a drilling rig here and there and a hundred or so in a refinery 2,000 miles away. Additionally, petroleum products are not just limited to gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel. Petrochemicals are used in everything from plastics to synthetic fibers to coatings, etc., etc. If the petroleum industry should collapse, it could be beyond devastating for the economy. Just my thoughts. Any expert opinions here? I hope I am way off base with this.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I can see summer fun with the boat being really cheap.
My boat holds 70 gallons !

Sorry, but I quit moving rigs 6 years ago, and dont miss it one bit.
The ups, the downs, the 100 hour weeks, the loss of having a life, the missing of special days, etc.

50 cent a gallon gas !
You betcha !

How bout diesel prices??
I can see souping my power stroke up, or buying a real cheap new, Ford F350 !!

boat we fish in holds 500

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
They say this is a price war between the Saudis and the Russkies, but I see it as an attempt by both, colluding to put the US frackers out of business.

Russian need hard currency, so they've been cheating on their production limits with Saudi's.

Along the way, the Saudi royal family created an extensive oil funded welfare state, and need to keep the checks flowing to maintain power. In an attempt to teach the Russians a lesson they are pumping at full rate, betting they have sufficient cash reserves to outlast the Russians, bringing them to heal. Sure they wouldn't mind putting a few U.S. out of business in the process, but that's not their primary objective.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remember 2008 gas was $5.00, hard to feel sorry for them today......
Oh and I do understand the markets.. sorta , supply and demand should rule but I think when they could they manipulated the hell out of the markets.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by EdM

This fuggin douche loves to post how rich he is .... he was worth 8 million... well until his stock lost 30+ % poor victim.. it was so hard , cry me a fuggin river

Yep, I always read his posts in the voice of Mr.Howell on Gilligan's island. Pretentious prick.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter

The ups, the downs, the 100 hour weeks, the loss of having a life, the missing of special days, etc.

50 cent a gallon gas !
You betcha !

How bout diesel prices??

My proline 2510 carried 200gal. Fuel was $4.00/gal after Katrina, and Everytime the wife was on board I'd only put 50gal in her at $200.00. She'd bitch about what I was paying to play and we'd all laugh knowing if she knew we were blowing $600 a trip out she'd probably kill me. Twin Yamaha 225 saltwater series II's were burning 1.5 gal a mile at W.O.T.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

Russian need hard currency, so they've been cheating on their production limits with Saudi's.

Along the way, the Saudi royal family created an extensive oil funded welfare state, and need to keep the checks flowing to maintain power. In an attempt to teach the Russians a lesson they are pumping at full rate, betting they have sufficient cash reserves to outlast the Russians, bringing them to heal. Sure they wouldn't mind putting a few U.S. out of business in the process, but that's not their primary objective.

Russians needing hard currency ? wait until the Israeli gas pipeline to Europe comes on line.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter

50 cent a gallon gas !
You betcha !

How bout diesel prices??

My proline 2510 carried 200gal. Fuel was $4.00/gal after Katrina, and Everytime the wife was on board I'd only put 50gal in her at $200.00. She'd bitch about what I was paying to play and we'd all laugh knowing if she knew we were blowing $600 a trip out she'd probably kill me. Twin Yamaha 225 saltwater series II's were burning 1.5 gal a mile at W.O.T.
yup running a 100+ miles offshore and trolling takes fuel, the cat we fish in has twin Yamaha 300 4 strokes.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Russians needing hard currency ? wait until the Israeli gas pipeline to Europe comes on line.

What's the ETA on this project?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

What's the ETA on this project?

I need to catch up on it, JG. Haven’t looked in a while.

Some would say that it’s Armeggadon in the making. That’s one leg of the Russians’ 3 legged stool.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The ruskies and Saudis were in a price war months before this stsrted!,,!
My take and what I am doing is buying good oil companies.[ this to will pass.

If you think that this is the end of the world I can not help you
0because there is no help for you.

MOLON LABE
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,916
Posts18,479,651
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.