Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
and speaking of game cocks, its been awhile since i been to a derby, going to have to soon. see if i can win a few bucks.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I have one on a trailer I use for watering trees/plants around the yard and to fill the pool for the ducks. Have another in the barn that holds enough water to keep the chickens in water for weeks...new metal roof on the barn so I'll collect rain water in it this year. I made a couple quick and easy rabbit shelters for winter out of them, just cut a little door on the bottom. I've got a few more kicking around I need to find uses for.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from farmshow.com]

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I use two of them on a flat bed as the water source for my forest fire pump and hose. I need to get two more and build a skid to put them on. Then I can lift the skid (with the totes empty) into my 5 yd. dump truck and have a much more mobile fire fighting unit.

Last edited by logger; 03/31/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Folks around here use them for stealing fuel from gas stations. They are mounted inside of vans and the trucks drive from station to station, using stolen credit cards, and fill them up. Lots of that crap down here. Personally I’ve modded a couple for live bait holding pens at the dock, and for softened fresh water storage for washdown.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by logger
I use two of them on a flat bed as the water source for my forest fire pump and hose. I need to get two more and build a skid to put them on. Then I can lift the skid (with the totes empty) into my 5 yd. dump truck and have a much more mobile fire fighting unit.

Logger,

what are you using as a pump for your unit.
I've been thinking of looking for an old rural type firefighting truck to keep in the yard, key in it, solar battery maintainer, so the neighbors can grab it and go if needed, but that system you have might be easier to obtain.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I currently have a Honda 12 hp powered pump that I bought new online. I'm looking to upgrade to Wick Si 250-7S based on the recommendations from our local wildland fire fighters. It's more expensive, but when you have a fire roaring towards you, I want the performance and reliability. This is a three stage pump. It exceeds the minimum of 20 gallons/min at 115 psi.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I currently have a Honda 12 hp powered pump that I bought new online. I'm looking to upgrade to Wick Si 250-7S based on the recommendations from our local wildland fire fighters. It's more expensive, but when you have a fire roaring towards you, I want the performance and reliability. This is a three stage pump. It exceeds the minimum of 20 gallons/min at 115 psi.

Thanks,

I'm going to assume that has attachments to standard fire hose fittings?

We're thinking of getting a 1200gal storage tank here too, in case the well pump goes bad and it takes a coupla days to get a replacement. But the tank would also be used for fire purposes too. Already told the local VFD folks if we get one they are welcome to the water if needed in case of a wildland fire here.

I'll write down those models, thanks again.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Geno:

Talk to your local VFD and get fitting that match up with what they use. Then you can get adapters to match up to a garden hose.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno:

Talk to your local VFD and get fitting that match up with what they use. Then you can get adapters to match up to a garden hose.

Thanks, I'll do that again but as I recall the guys told me standard 1.5" fire hose fitting would work on the drain I'd use for the winter. Actually they said they probably have the adapters too.

But, their right down the road, and they also come by when they "exercise" the trucks so I'll make sure to ask again.

Geno

In it is contentment

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,088
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.