Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by reivertom
For some reason a lot of rich out of state folks and other big shots are real lucky!

This. KDFW's scam on the Elk tags is a steamy pile of sheet.

LOL......surely you jest!!! Not in Kentucky, why everyone knows that there is no better run, and more honest outfit as is KDFWR.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by gutthooked
Is there much public land in the areas your allowed to hunt elk in? Never applied there before.

Yes there are Public Lands to hunt. However, much (most?) of the prime habitat lies in the strip mine reclaims. And the outfitters have all of that leased up with the coal companies. "IF" I ever happen to draw a tag, I will hire an outfitter to ensure a reasonable chance at taking a representative animal.

Originally Posted by JamesJr
For some reason a lot of rich out of state folks and other big shots are real lucky!

LOL......surely you jest!!! Not in Kentucky, why everyone knows that there is no better run, and more honest outfit as is KDFWR.

You mean, kinda like, the Game Commissioner who donated a tag to the KY Houndsmen to raffle off? And the guy who won the Houndsmen raffle just happened to be the Game Commissioner's BFF ??? ... PURE coincidence, I'm sure...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by gutthooked
Is there much public land in the areas your allowed to hunt elk in? Never applied there before.

Yes there are Public Lands to hunt. However, much (most?) of the prime habitat lies in the strip mine reclaims. And the outfitters have all of that leased up with the coal companies. "IF" I ever happen to draw a tag, I will hire an outfitter to ensure a reasonable chance at taking a representative animal.

Originally Posted by JamesJr

You mean, kinda like, the Game Commissioner who donated a tag to the KY Houndsmen to raffle off? And the guy who won the Houndsmen raffle just happened to be the Game Commissioner's BFF ??? ... PURE coincidence, I'm sure...

Exactly the kind of jagoff shenanigans I am talking about.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Pa does the same thing with their elk drawing.

Thanks for the update on the public land in KY.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fingers Crossed. Just made my donation as well!

One too many hobbies....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I'm going to try here in the state of Misery when they have their first. It may be a few years though. Good luck and Be Well, Rustyzipper.

Missouri applications start in May for December 2020 season. 4 tags for general resident. 1 tag for landowners.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm in as well, but absolutely 0 expectations.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not drawn...........again!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 61 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,611
Posts18,473,887
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.