Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Tarquin Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
This well credentialed expert thinks it might be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LjHam9NtzA

Tarquin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Would not surprise me a bit.

Politics is War by Other Means
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Iā€™m I praying he is correct

GOD Bless America
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hope so!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How the Kung Flu kills its victims

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." ā€“ Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Kung Flu is not a naturally occurring phenomenon

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." ā€“ Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I also hope it is. In a about three months, we will know for surety.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What is "less lethal"? Do you mean a lower percentage of deaths? It's quite clear that COVID-19 is more lethal on that score if you believe any of the stats. Or do you mean fewer deaths overall? I guess that depends on how many people get infected. If the movements made by the state and federal governments are successful, we'll never really know how many deaths were prevented, so it's difficult to gauge. At this point, it seems more highly infectious than the flu, so it's likely that more infections will come about. A wild card is summer coming on and will the virus itself succumb to higher temperatures? Will there be a vaccine for next year and will the vaccine work should the virus mutate like a flu? Thus far the virus hasn't killed as many people as the flu, but it didn't get as early of a start. It also depends on what you attribute a death to. Neither the flu nor COVID really kills anybody, but both can bring on the pneumonia that does. Another thing is underlying conditions contributing to a death. Lots of factors. All of them are dependent upon the accuracy and the veracity of the statistics.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is no doubt in my mind the virus is man-made, just like the vaccine will be. The question is who manufactured it and for what purpose? China is the most obvious answer but possibly not the accurate one. The obvious purpose would be population control of the old and useless with sales of a vaccine and/or cure a secondary angle. Again, maybe not the accurate answer. Was the virus released or did it jump ship? Doubt we'll ever know the answers to all of it, short of Heaven and by then it won't matter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never seen them loading bodies into a truck with a forklift from the flu.......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why isn't the media noting the difference between cases with and without chloroquine/azithromyacine? Could it be they stepped in it by calling out Trump for supporting it?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Then why are healthcare workers and hospitals being overwhelmed unlike anything since the Spanish Flu?

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Stanford Universityā€™s Hoover Institutionā€™s podcast Uncommon Knowledge with an epidemiologist & economist:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/uncommon-knowledge/id1378389941#episodeGuid=uncommonknowledgehoover.podbean.com%2F80eac8c2-fbdc-50f3-af87-f42168df5672

Same guy linked in OP but without the Jewish interviewer which is such a problem for some here.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by moosemike
I never seen them loading bodies into a truck with a forklift from the flu.......

Yep.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
What is "less lethal"? Do you mean a lower percentage of deaths? It's quite clear that COVID-19 is more lethal on that score if you believe any of the stats. Or do you mean fewer deaths overall? I guess that depends on how many people get infected. If the movements made by the state and federal governments are successful, we'll never really know how many deaths were prevented, so it's difficult to gauge. At this point, it seems more highly infectious than the flu, so it's likely that more infections will come about. A wild card is summer coming on and will the virus itself succumb to higher temperatures? Will there be a vaccine for next year and will the vaccine work should the virus mutate like a flu? Thus far the virus hasn't killed as many people as the flu, but it didn't get as early of a start. It also depends on what you attribute a death to. Neither the flu nor COVID really kills anybody, but both can bring on the pneumonia that does. Another thing is underlying conditions contributing to a death. Lots of factors. All of them are dependent upon the accuracy and the veracity of the statistics.

I agree with you on the deaths. It's quite clear that even based on US numbers, per infected COVID-19 is more deadly. Even in the US, where we have good medical facilities.

As far as the higher temps.... This virus is already in places with warmer temps than here. Temp will have no effect on the virus.

You are right that COVID-19 just didn't get the head start.

Really, our only hope is to keep it from spreading by staying home a bit. Trying to keep clean. etc.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
There is no doubt in my mind the virus is man-made, just like the vaccine will be. The question is who manufactured it and for what purpose? China is the most obvious answer but possibly not the accurate one. The obvious purpose would be population control of the old and useless with sales of a vaccine and/or cure a secondary angle. Again, maybe not the accurate answer. Was the virus released or did it jump ship? Doubt we'll ever know the answers to all of it, short of Heaven and by then it won't matter.

There are actually some good stories on why this isn't a man made virus by some intelligent people. I know we like to go to conspiracy theories, but most of the time, the just don't hold water if you look at the facts. Besides, the one thing people can't do is shut up. There are quite a few people who didn't shut up about the virus response in China.... many are missing now. If there really was a man made deal, we would have heard about that too. People just can't keep a secret.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is ā€” well, he's hard to stop.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

That's cause you haven't paid attention in the past.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
When Carter let Cuba empty his jails they had to bring in refrigeration rail road cars for all the bodies. Of course that was natural causes because they were just killing each other. Ed k

T
Tarquin Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by efw
Stanford Universityā€™s Hoover Institutionā€™s podcast Uncommon Knowledge with an epidemiologist & economist:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/uncommon-knowledge/id1378389941#episodeGuid=uncommonknowledgehoover.podbean.com%2F80eac8c2-fbdc-50f3-af87-f42168df5672

Same guy linked in OP but without the Jewish interviewer which is such a problem for some here.

Aaaah yes. The Joos!

Tarquin
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Then why are healthcare workers and hospitals being overwhelmed unlike anything since the Spanish Flu?

The point this gentleman makes is that we donā€™t know how many people have actually had the virus and therefore cannot know actual lethality.

A whole bunch of people being infected and reacting seriously at the same time can overwhelm the healthcare system but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s more deadly than the flu; it COULD just mean it spread & hit faster.

Point he is making is weā€™re reacting definitively to collapse the economy without definitive proof that the virus justifies that leave of reaction and the loss of life that will result therefrom.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

That's cause you haven't paid attention in the past.

I wasn't around in 1918. Neither were forklifts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,288
Posts18,486,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.