Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 16bore

Your link has an impassable wall in front of it, making it impossible to read.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Maybe people are smarter than we give them credit for being?

And what do gold bugs convert their gold into ? Fiat money so they can actually buy something with it. Gold is simply a commodity. People who buy gold don’t understand a real economy or the money that it trades with. Gold can be used as a form of money but it’s a really inflexible currency and therefore a really poor one. If the economic system truly breaks down then gold is as worthless as the paper money is. Let’s hope we don’t get to societal collapse and a barter economy. Most will die if it does come to a barter economy and gold won’t save you.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Sorry about that:

"Since 2004, our gold products have provided investors a relatively efficient and liquid way to access the gold bullion market through physically-backed ETFs."

The minimum amount to redeem, is, or at least was, 100,000 shares.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I remember when I bought Krugerands for $250.00 and people thought I was nuts,but it does not matter what gold sells for if there are no buyers.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

ha

Originally Posted by 1minute
Probably because in our modern cashless society, few of us have the ability to actually use the stuff. Filing off a grain here and there for a loaf of bread is a pain in the rear.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The U.S. dollar is still strong and inflation is low.

This combined with a glut of metals on the market as commodities traders responded to margin calls has suppressed the listed market price of precious metals.

There is little of silver or gold available from normal suppliers due to the fact that when prices are suppressed they operate in "buy" mode rather than "sell".

Make no mistake. This is an opportunity if you can find a source to buy from.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe, just maybe, people have finally figured out that all that hoopla about gold being the one true last-ditch commodity was no more than ad copy from people who sell gold.

And they've also found that gold is pretty worthless for wiping your butt - or even buying Spam.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Maybe, just maybe, people have finally figured out that all that hoopla about gold being the one true last-ditch commodity was no more than ad copy from people who sell gold.

And they've also found that gold is pretty worthless for wiping your butt - or even buying Spam.

I repeat my comment about people possibly being smarter than we give them credit for being.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Sorry about that:

"Since 2004, our gold products have provided investors a relatively efficient and liquid way to access the gold bullion market through physically-backed ETFs."

OK, so it's not just a futures market. But unless you redeem 1000 ounces, you can't touch it. laugh I wonder how you redeem it, show up at the vault with stock certificates and trade them? That would be cool to do if you were uber rich.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
GOLD prices sure went up in 2008. Commodities have historically done well in recessions. Glenn Beck is sure pimping gold again. I'll give him some credit as I remember him warning about the 2008 crash before it happened.

https://goldprice.org/30-year-gold-price-history.html

Last edited by ribka; 03/31/20.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hedge funds sell gold and silver during big stock sell offs to raise cash to cover their leveraged investments or face a margin call. After s while the stocks and metals decouple and metals can rise quickly.

There is a huge disconnect between the paper market for metals and the physical market right now. We saw the same thing in 08 and 09. Spot was low but premiums on physical were high. They are much higher now and typically when the listed price and the street price are that far apart there's some major manipulation going on somewhere.

I won't be surprised to learn later that the Chinese were shorting the paper while buying up all the physical they can. I've never seen the physical market as crazy as it is now. Many items are out of stock everywhere.

If I could get the premiums I'm seeing listed I'd sell some of mine. Mercury dimes are well over $2 each at many places.

Bb

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Sorry about that:

OK, so it's not just a futures market. But unless you redeem 1000 ounces, you can't touch it. laugh I wonder how you redeem it, show up at the vault with stock certificates and trade them? That would be cool to do if you were uber rich.

You have to have a special account with the custodian, State Street Bank, and send them instructions. It takes about 3 days to settle the trade and transfer ownership of the gold to you. Once it's in your name, you can leave it in place and pay the storage costs on in, or arrange for pickup.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Try to find physical gold or silver right now .... hint - you can't. There is disconnect between wall street prices and the street.

Lots of selling pressure on gold as it gets sold to cover losses in equities. Give it a few months, I think it will rip 30% this year as global synchronized money printing goes into over-drive.

On eBay there are plenty of gold coins and they are not selling unless the price is down near reasonable... if the street price was truly inflated right now one would think there would be none available.

Very few are selling even. This is the search results for completed auctions on gold coins...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=gold+coin&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=11116&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=99516&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=13&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Times like this a person would be wise to educate themselves regarding precious metals. Lots of disinformation here.
After the 2008 crash I decided to learn what money is and how it works, it made for a fascinating and enlightening education.
Beware, the gold bugs are a main source of much info and they aren't particularly wrong but do have an agenda.
With the volume of money printing we are doing we will find out if the laws of economics still apply.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

I don't recall anyone of any standing ever calling gold
the one true last-ditch commodity

Commodites are valuable by nature. Corn can be as valuable as gold, but I don't want even $1000 worth in my pocket.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Maybe people are smarter than we give them credit for being?

And what do gold bugs convert their gold into ? Fiat money so they can actually buy something with it. Gold is simply a commodity. People who buy gold don’t understand a real economy or the money that it trades with. Gold can be used as a form of money but it’s a really inflexible currency and therefore a really poor one. If the economic system truly breaks down then gold is as worthless as the paper money is. Let’s hope we don’t get to societal collapse and a barter economy. Most will die if it does come to a barter economy and gold won’t save you.
Gold is the "gold standard" for the preservation of wealth. In normal times, for the past hundred and fifty years or so, it has become moribund as a day-to-day exchange for a number of reasons. However, if it is so worthless, why is so much of it held by the big boys and when there's a margin call, what is sold to pay it off?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
interesting. If there is movement probably be big and fast

how about the mining companies' stock

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Try to find physical gold or silver right now .... hint - you can't. There is disconnect between wall street prices and the street.

Lots of selling pressure on gold as it gets sold to cover losses in equities. Give it a few months, I think it will rip 30% this year as global synchronized money printing goes into over-drive.

On eBay there are plenty of gold coins and they are not selling unless the price is down near reasonable... if the street price was truly inflated right now one would think there would be none available.

Very few are selling even. This is the search results for completed auctions on gold coins...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=gold+coin&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=11116&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=99516&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=13&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Its difficult to find unbiased research on precious metals economics. Most I look at are trying to sell it or have a pop up ad.

Originally Posted by irfubar
Times like this a person would be wise to educate themselves regarding precious metals. Lots of disinformation here.
After the 2008 crash I decided to learn what money is and how it works, it made for a fascinating and enlightening education.
Beware, the gold bugs are a main source of much info and they aren't particularly wrong but do have an agenda.
With the volume of money printing we are doing we will find out if the laws of economics still apply.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ribka,
As I said many have an agenda. I would start with researching fiat money and the history of it and the role gold and silver plays

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
interesting. If there is movement probably be big and fast

how about the mining companies' stock

I held stock in a gold mining company for years. It seemed that the sole goal of the company was to make sure that its stock never rose in value.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,551
Posts18,472,973
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.