Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
To be honest I'd just toss them. Anything you might use them for...there are already much better containers out there for almost no money.

I used to try and figure out what I could use my empty Skoal tins for. Answer, absolutely nothing.

I've found good use for just about every Altoids tin I've ever had after finishing the mints, and now found a good use for two of those little percussion cap tins. I'm surprised you couldn't find any use for Skoal tins.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
To be honest I'd just toss them. Anything you might use them for...there are already much better containers out there for almost no money.

I used to try and figure out what I could use my empty Skoal tins for. Answer, absolutely nothing.

I've found good use for just about every Altoids tin I've ever had after finishing the mints, and now found a good use for two of those little percussion cap tins. I'm surprised you couldn't fins any use for Skoal tins.

Well I could've, but like I said there are always better options out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I tried to keep muzzleloader #11s around when I was hunting with a nipple.

After a couple-three years; they’d were crap. The tiny foil cup covers would fall out, the caps some would turn green and corrode, they only make barely a percussion and then cake up and foul the nipple. Just all around problematic bullshît.

So, I would always just get new fresh tin every fall deer season.

After the 209 stuff came out, all the Walmart bubbas stopped needing #11 caps. And they got a little bit hard to find.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I knew a real mental midget who kept several thousand large rifle primers loose in a pint Mason jar. Stuff that explodes - - - -stored in a glass container! There's a reason they pack those things in padding so they can't even touch each other. I don't know if percussion caps are more or less sensitive than primers, but it doesn't seem to be a good idea to have that many crammed together.
Jerry

They come 100 to a tin, packed loose, so I doubt it's a huge concern.

Yea, that's what we thought on the Air Bag squib degeneration problem. We thought it would go less power. Never thought it would go opposite.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord

After a couple-three years; they’d were crap. The tiny foil cup covers would fall out, the caps some would turn green and corrode, they only make barely a percussion and then cake up and foul the nipple. Just all around problematic bullshît.

After the 209 stuff came out, all the Walmart bubbas stopped needing #11 caps. And they got a little bit hard to find.

I've used percussion caps that were thirty or more years old and they all worked perfectly.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hooks, line and sinkers..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
The Real Hawkeye: I use very similar sized "tins" to store (keep clean!) my foam style ear plugs in while I am Colony Varmint Hunting and in between lawn mowings.
I have several tins stashed in the house, in the lawn mowers tray, in my VarmintMobile, in my shooting/range box and in my travel shaving kit (for protection from snoring travel mates).
Good luck in finding some new uses for them - or you could store your percussion caps in them?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Hide-a-key possibilities.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've used the occasional small tin to put small electrical connectors of screws in to carry in my tool bag. I'm not sure I would have emptied all 1000 caps out together?

lightman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put a lock of your kids and grand kids hair in them. I have a primer tin with a lock of hair in it we got from my grandmothers place when she passed in 1974. We have a picture of the girl it came from but no one living knows her name.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Put a few bb's in them, and place under your bosses car seat!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MM879
I ride offroad motorcycles. If you see a skoal can on the trail, you can count on it to be full of weed.

I keep foam earplugs in my Camel Snus cans, it keeps them clean and they don't take up much space in the shooting box.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by arkypete
Do a bit of soldering and make them into earrings for your favorite girl.

Cut the center out and you have hoop earrings, Cut the centers into diamonds and have CCI dangles, etc... Be creative. Have fun.

laugh

Last edited by Prwlr; 04/01/20.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
... or you could store your percussion caps in them?
VarmintGuy

LOL. grin

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kwg020
Put a lock of your kids and grand kids hair in them. I have a primer tin with a lock of hair in it we got from my grandmothers place when she passed in 1974. We have a picture of the girl it came from but no one living knows her name.

kwg

Isn't that a sad thing. I was just thinking about this the other day vis a vis my mother, her brother and sister, who are all gone now. They had so many memories precious to them, the details of which are all gone, apart from the bits and pieces of them they passed on through story telling, that few if any remember every part of. Those memories are just gone.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Heym06
Put a few bb's in them, and place under your bosses car seat!

LOL. grin Best idea yet. It will drive him crazy for years.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Spray those SOBs with gold paint, drive to your nearest ghetto and sell African ear and lip disks out of your car.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord

I've used percussion caps that were thirty or more years old and they all worked perfectly.

Maybe not 30-years old, but some at least 10+ still bang with authority.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
[quote=arkypete]Do a bit of soldering and make them into earrings for your favorite girl.[

Then have her put a couple of dabs of Hoppes No.9 behind each ear! Let the fun begin!!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Give them to my kids, they will figure it out. These could come in handy for their science projects

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,764
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.