-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
America is great because most of us are good.

Keeping a pretty close eye on Newyorkistan, however, like Kamo is keeping an eye on his metro. LA and SFO might get sporty.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
America is great because most of us are good.

Keeping a pretty close eye on Newyorkistan, however, like Kamo is keeping an eye on his metro. LA and SFO might get sporty.

Parts of St. Louis??

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I find everyone very polite around here, even in traffic people are driving more polite.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm more concerned folks will have a hard time going back to work and the daily grind/stress after sitting home and being taken care of by/told what to do from .gov.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
everything here is pretty much like normal.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I warned that retirement is contagious. You worry about nothing and then your get used to and fight for nothing.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Here too
Originally Posted by stxhunter

What happened to that young girl you took under your wing?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
...but people tend to be much more personable down here than in those schithole northeastern cities.

Shythole states, eh? Please, tell me more from #46 out of 50...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections

I didn't say schithole states, I said "..schithole northeastern cities..." and I will stand by that, regardless of what some (probably politically motivated) Newsweek Magazine poll of questionable, and certainly incomplete, methodology may "show." The stated criteria alone are fraught with the possibility of uncontrolled variables. Polls like that are just clickbait.

I've lived in the NE and there are great places and great people all over up there. I've also spent time in most of the major cities up there. IMO, they're schitholes. In my experience, the general run of people you meet out in public here are a lot friendlier and a lot more open. They're a lot more likely to strike up casual, friendly conversations with strangers at the supermarket, restaurants, wherever.

You’ve got a craphole city smack dab in the middle of your state. Just sayin.... wink The northeast doesn’t have a Monopoly on craphole cities. Ever been to Memphis?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Here too
Originally Posted by stxhunter

What happened to that young girl you took under your wing?

she was here earlier, going with my youngest son.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have been busying ourselves at home or staying close, and the very few ventures into town/society have been normal, as others have reported - calm, polite, sane. Crime and disruption very low. I doubt that this will stay the case for very much longer in the city 50 miles away and much more likely to break down even sooner in the big/dirty metro areas of the country.

I have a sense that those usually on the ragged edge detect the need to stay as balanced and well-behaved as possible - and try to curtail their bad habits as much as possible - because this scenario is way,way different than the predictable milieu in which they have learned to scheme and operate. I think that the misfits and takers are more uncomfortable and confused about what to do than the stable and sensible folks who make this place work - and those most inclined to eventually raid and grab from others are off balance because they realize that the good/productive/stable folks are serious about dealing with this mess and are, due to the unusual and serious circumstances, armed and ready to defend real quickly.

The normal laxity - the "look the other way" mentality - and the more common social lubricants are greatly diminished - not a good time for those who have not learned to be self-reliant and under self-control. Tilted landscape.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
We have been busying ourselves at home or staying close, and the very few ventures into town/society have been normal, as others have reported - calm, polite, sane. Crime and disruption very low. I doubt that this will stay the case for very much longer in the city 50 miles away and much more likely to break down even sooner in the big/dirty metro areas of the country.

I have a sense that those usually on the ragged edge detect the need to stay as balanced and well-behaved as possible - and try to curtail their bad habits as much as possible - because this scenario is way,way different than the predictable milieu in which they have learned to scheme and operate. I think that the misfits and takers are more uncomfortable and confused about what to do than the stable and sensible folks who make this place work - and those most inclined to eventually raid and grab from others are off balance because they realize that the good/productive/stable folks are serious about dealing with this mess and are, due to the unusual and serious circumstances, armed and ready to defend real quickly.

The normal laxity - the "look the other way" mentality - and the more common social lubricants are greatly diminished - not a good time for those who have not learned to be self-reliant and under self-control. Tilted landscape.

You sir have a way with words... spot on, people aren't in the mood for their nonsense..... schit be getting real.... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How was it up there today, Leighton?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I predict since the border is closed and illegals are being expelled and unable to vote, the deep state will release a virus on the land requiring shelter in place, and commies will demand unlimited mail in ballots to screw Trump in his next POTUS race.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/01/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
@EVILSPEAKEROFTHEHOUSE has already proposed all of that.

Including, I'm sure, releasing the deadly virus.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
I predict since the border is closed and illegals are being expelled and unable to vote, the deep state will release a virus on the land requiring shelter in place, and commies will demand unlimited mail in ballots to screw Trump in his next POTUS race.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The current goings on in Italy might be a preview.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
It's almost a mile from the nearest road to my house, when do I know it's time to start shooting uninvited guest. It's been over a year since an uninvited guest has showed up around here and I met him with a shotgun pointed at his head. Come to find out he was hired by the county to do property tax adjustments. Guess he didn't like me our taxes went up a couple of hundred dollars.

Life is good live it while you can.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
...but people tend to be much more personable down here than in those schithole northeastern cities.

Shythole states, eh? Please, tell me more from #46 out of 50...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections

I didn't say schithole states, I said "..schithole northeastern cities..." and I will stand by that,

Just floated back to this thread. You are correct and I apologize for misquoting you. It wasn't intentional.

Thanks to all who offered opinions and observations--and great, grin-provoking dog/wife shots. Never tire of seeing those. wink

For the gent who asked about my extended family in Japan, so far so good. Thank you for asking.

Stay safe, y'all.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 49 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,261
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.