Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Agreed.

The U.S. hit another one of several grim and sad milestones today: Health officials announced the 3,000th coronavirus-related death in the country, with about 900 from New York City alone, according to data from Johns Hopkins University....

We need to do our part in flattening the curve and by following all CDC, WHO and State and Local Health Officer guidelines.

For those of you who thought that there would be fewer than 10,000 Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. for all of 2020...

Another grim milestone today: 63,733 Americans have died from it as of today, April 30. We still have another 10 months to go to make it one full year. At this rate, there will be 100,000+ deaths due to Covid-19. Still no antiviral medicine that's proven effective, still no vaccine, still lots of Americans in denial.

You have been nominated for the True Believer Award by The Weak Sisters of Saint Gullible. Congratulations!

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've been asking employees who have dealt with the public - if anybody there has become sick co-19 . Piggly Wiggly/Publix/Kroger , auto zone , wendys , and lots of others . Girl at Publix said 2 people in a Miami store tested positive boyfriend & girlfriend .
She was early 20's and believed the scare was mostly polically driven and was up on the info. of every death is a C0-19 death . Great to see a young person - especially a female - who doesn't trust the MSM .

Amazing at the number of older folks who still don't know what ''fake news media'' means .
People around here freaked out over $1200 ? $12,000 would make me smile - [not really] because it puts the country further in debt .

Last edited by ol_mike; 05/01/20.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The numbers are indeed inflated. It was a bold move to put extra $$ in the relief bill for hospitals dealing with COVID cases. As hospitals have cut all elective procedures and people are afraid to go there, they are losing their asses. Why would't you list COVID and try to close the income gap that has been created. I'm sure the pressure is from administrators and bean-counters to get the funding necessary to stay afloat.

Lot of graphs and numbers floating around, and none have been accurate. Even as the CDC numbers lag by eight weeks, the total number of deaths nationwide from all causes is down. I doubt the eight weeks worth of data will make a 4% jump in overall deaths. We are playing a shell game and just shuffling the numbers.

What has been accomplished:
A new protected class - healthcare workers
There will be COVID related health issues that make people government dependent - The news cycle is starting to push the underlying conditions that are the result of the disease. PTSD will be one of them.
We have successfully alienated one another and changed social contact - The mask is a muzzle.
The new push will be the open display of firearms inhibits the democratic process - news cycle has picked up the Michigan vote that was under duress.

Just watch as things are forced upon us and we sit as frogs in a pot.

And yes, I have had a family member with a verified case. In a nursing home even (you know, the death camps). Even with his underlying condition he has been recovered for some time as many of the residents have.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Agreed.

The U.S. hit another one of several grim and sad milestones today: Health officials announced the 3,000th coronavirus-related death in the country, with about 900 from New York City alone, according to data from Johns Hopkins University....

We need to do our part in flattening the curve and by following all CDC, WHO and State and Local Health Officer guidelines.

For those of you who thought that there would be fewer than 10,000 Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. for all of 2020...

Another grim milestone today: 63,733 Americans have died from it as of today, April 30. We still have another 10 months to go to make it one full year. At this rate, there will be 100,000+ deaths due to Covid-19. Still no antiviral medicine that's proven effective, still no vaccine, still lots of Americans in denial.

Every year in the US there are 160,000 deaths from accidents. 75% happen in the home. Locking yourself up in your house may not be as safe as you think. With so many people staying at home, those numbers are likely to be much higher this year.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by doubletap

Every year in the US there are 160,000 deaths from accidents. 75% happen in the home. Locking yourself up in your house may not be as safe as you think. With so many people staying at home, those numbers are likely to be much higher this year.

After a month of wives putting up with bored husbands stuck at home I would bet money on the incidents of "accidents" rising.

I would also be betting these will mostly involve heavy objects.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Fauci warns 100–200K Americans could die from virus, but says projections are “moving target” - Axios

“Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday that models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000, though he stressed that the projections are "such a moving target."
Why it matters: Fauci has been the coronavirus task force's most outspoken advocate for emergency social distancing measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus, sometimes contradicting President Trump's more optimistic outlook.”

Danged right I believe it. If you fire 20% of working Americans from their jobs and cut back the pay of another 30% (so far), you're gong to get at least that many from spousal abuse, depression, drugs, robberies gone bad, and suicides.

Who elected Fauci anyway?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by doubletap

Very good point.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know we all want this to go away but the dead are still dead and it only took 3 months. There will be more to come and it is sad that this grim statistic has become political.

living the good life every day
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before this got going, when we considered it another flu, only worse, I figured if you take the seasonal flu with a death rate of 0.1% and the average of 35,000 and multiplied it by the death rate we were seeing aboard the cruise ships of 0.6 % that equals 210,000. But the death rate varies from the0.4% of Germany to the 1.16% of NYC. So the 200,000 seemed logical. The other kicker, it's more contagious , and flu doesn't infect that large a % of the population. I've never heard of math being political . So it could go beyond the 200,000 when it's over.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 05/27/20.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
So the 200,000 seems logical.

Could be.

All the liberals gotta do is fake another 100k.

They say the first 100k is the hardest.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
If it's like the Spanish flu, there could be a couple more waves yet COVID-20, COVID-21? Nah, can't be, this is unprecedented. Swedes may be on the right track, in which case Aussie and NZ may have screwed themselves - our politicians are wanting us to pat ourselves on the back for doing so well.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
More people dead in 2 months than we lost in Vietnam in 20 years. More dead in 3 months than Vietnam and Korea combined. The survival rate for the 1st wave at Normandy was higher than the survival rate of those who were diagnosed with Covid in this country. People in most developed countries have better survival rates than us.

It won't be hard to figure out if the numbers are overstated, or understated. The truth will come out. The average number of people who die each day/week/month etc is pretty constant and predictable at about 8000/day for all causes. The numbers I'm seeing are showing about 10% more dead per day on average since Jan1, so call it another 800 per day. Today is the 147th day of 2020. 147X800=117,600

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JMR40
More people dead in 2 months than we lost in Vietnam in 20 years. More dead in 3 months than Vietnam and Korea combined. The survival rate for the 1st wave at Normandy was higher than the survival rate of those who were diagnosed with Covid in this country. People in most developed countries have better survival rates than us.

It won't be hard to figure out if the numbers are overstated, or understated. The truth will come out. The average number of people who die each day/week/month etc is pretty constant and predictable at about 8000/day for all causes. The numbers I'm seeing are showing about 10% more dead per day on average since Jan1, so call it another 800 per day. Today is the 147th day of 2020. 147X800=117,600

Will be interesting to see what actions are taken against China on this.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JMR40

In England doing the numbers is easier, just one country. What with states and counties having different ways of recording of data, exact numbers might not be up to date. In England as of today they are saying 37,000 COVID-19 deaths. But the Nation Statistics service has a 57,000 deaths above the 5 year average. This trend of under reporting is pretty common in Europe..

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Washington State had it first.

It's peaked, and about over there.

World didn't end.

Same thing will happen in NY, and everywhere else.

Umm, the military just showed up to set up on station med facility in Seahawks stadium.

Thinking it ain’t over there.

Why haven’t you given your plasma as a way to make a treatment?

You kicked its ass, or was that hay fever you beat with a Claritin?

😎

Here's a classic blast from the past.

The field hospital set up in the Shehawk's stadium was removed after three days.

Having treated exactly zero patients.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't know, as viruses go the Covid seems fairly benevolent.
I mean, if you had to choose a pandemic to suffer through, one that nearly eliminates all other causes of death has to rank fairly high and I admire that aspect of Covid's game.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What are we going to do about Aliens?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yeah, sure, if we all.take his and Gates' vaccine.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 3,232 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,222
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.