Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by djs
Beginning of the end of the pandemic???

A check of the Johns Hopkins Corona Virus map (note trend-line in lower right corner) doesn't seem to indicate this.

see: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Finding a medication that can treat it successfully should definitely be considered the beginning of the end. It may take a couple or few weeks to produce enough of it and get it distributed to clinics and pharmacies.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
BMI is bullshit, IMO.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
BMI is bullshit, IMO.

+1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by djs

A check of the Johns Hopkins Corona Virus map (note trend-line in lower right corner) doesn't seem to indicate this.

see: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

I know you are a mental midget and slow as f uck, but the reason this is an alarming pandemic is because there, up to this point has not been a sufficient treatment to battle the illness. If said treatment is developed, the severity of the illness would be reduced such that we could resume our daily lives. Try to keep up.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by djs

I know you are a mental midget and slow as f uck, but the reason this is an alarming pandemic is because there, up to this point has not been a sufficient treatment to battle the illness. If said treatment is developed, the severity of the illness would be reduced such that we could resume our daily lives. Try to keep up.

He could learn some things from your schiett, HW, because he's dumber than it.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/02/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
BMI is bullshit, IMO.

Exactly

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had to look up my BMI after reading this thread. From my last physical from August, my BMI was 30.6. 2018 it was 30.2 and 30.1 in 2016. These reports say normal should be between 18.5 to 25. My doctor always tells me to lose weight, but he always says that. He wants me to be around 175 pounds, which is what I weighed in high school. I'd like to think that I'm in pretty good shape for a 59 year old, but I do have a beer gut. I've been 6 ft. and 215 pounds for the past 25 years, but my BMI keeps going up. The muscle is going down and the fat is going up. That means my 6 pack is turning into a keg. Probably wouldn't hurt to lose a few pounds.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
That means my 6 pack is turning into a keg.
laffin’

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At 6'5'' I'm at 26.2 BMI.

I saw this interview last night and posted on it.
Count me among the convinced.

Facts don't lie. He's lost no patients within BMI parameters when using Hydroxi.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Quite a few on the campfire want to believe every covid patient is old, sickly, fat, and of poor hygiene - not like “us.” The reality is that while those descriptors apply to many, there are enough people getting sick who have NONE of those preexisting conditions that it’s worth being moderately concerned about - and doing what you can do to prevent transmission.
Yep. The harsh reality of Covid-19: No one is immune from this disease, and even young, healthy people are being killed by it. And they are going down hard.

What are the numbers? Seems pretty hard to find anything reliable, but from what I've seen it appears that deaths in the age groups from 20-50 years old make up only a few percent of deaths. Also, comorbidities probably account for a fair share of those. It's not a virus that affects only the old and otherwise compromised, but that is certainly the vast majority of deaths, so far as I can tell.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I read last week the Israel gave the malaria drug to their entire population sent the US 6 million doses.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you are going to play with numbers better learn how. You can run from BMI, but for how long?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Lets all pray he's right and we can put this thing to an early end.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
BMI is bullshit, IMO.

Well, forget BMI then. Remove it from the equation and just run with the success that's being shown in the test.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm not fat, I've just overachieved my BMI number. smile

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by djs
According to Google:

"What is the average BMI for a woman?
"The BMI of the average woman in the U.S. is 29.6, which falls into the category of “overweight.”

Not saying what''s good or bad in the case of Corona virus, but we are an overweight nation.

Yeah. Thank McDonalds .😆😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
BMI is a horrible metric.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Quite a few on the campfire want to believe every covid patient is old, sickly, fat, and of poor hygiene - not like “us.” The reality is that while those descriptors apply to many, there are enough people getting sick who have NONE of those preexisting conditions that it’s worth being moderately concerned about - and doing what you can do to prevent transmission.

I was thinking about this today. What are the demographics or any related info for the US deceased population( from covid 19)?

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 04/02/20.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Its dangerous for everyone...Honestly I don't know if anything else matters. Lets hope this gets under control fast

GOD Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by antlers
Yep. The harsh reality of Covid-19: No one is immune from this disease, and even young, healthy people are being killed by it. And they are going down hard.
It's not a virus that affects only the old and otherwise compromised...
Clearly.
Originally Posted by xxclaro
What are the numbers?
If you or one of your loved ones is one of the young, healthy people killed by it, then “what are the numbers” is irrelevant.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 31 invisible), 1,988 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.