Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We live out in the country and have a 150 yd driveway. We've had a number of UPS and Fedex deliveries this last week. We have a big parking area in front of the house and have had trucks with 28' trailers turn around with no problem. This last week, though, drivers have been parking out by the road and walking down the driveway. They must have some rule now about parking within 100 yds of a house. That would sure slow down their schedules.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I had a FED X delivery yesterday from a U-Haul truck. They backed into the driveway but not all the down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We live out in the country and have a 150 yd driveway. We've had a number of UPS and Fedex deliveries this last week. We have a big parking area in front of the house and have had trucks with 28' trailers turn around with no problem. This last week, though, drivers have been parking out by the road and walking down the driveway. They must have some rule now about parking within 100 yds of a house. That would sure slow down their schedules.

We have a similar situation with our driveway. UPS and FedEx trucks almost always come on down the driveway, and turn around. A few times each year though, we'll get a driver that parks at the end of the drive (or sometimes in the road ), and walks the whole 400' to the house. This seems to be related more to driver IQ (or lack thereof) than any change in policy.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I'm expecting a FedEx delivery this afternoon at the office. I will ask if there is a national policy change.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They pulled to our front door yesterday. We have a circle driveway

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a thought, but a new driver may look at a long drive and think he might not have room to turn around, and isn't all that keen about backing out.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I haven’t observed a change.....Yet! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FEDEX has F ucked up three deliveries in a row. Firs it says "out for delivery" then it fails to show and all you get is "pending" and nothing else. Their chat line is worthless and if you use the phone you get some zipperhead in BFE that is no help at all.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
these drivers think my drive is a speedway ,after numerous times getting on em to slow the fug down I finally had enough and told em gonna start jerkin em out of the truck and either give an ass whippin or take one .the big boss got ahold of me a nd assured me that the matter was takin care of' so far they have been keeping it slowed down

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI
FEDEX has F ucked up three deliveries in a row. Firs it says "out for delivery" then it fails to show and all you get is "pending" and nothing else. Their chat line is worthless and if you use the phone you get some zipperhead in BFE that is no help at all.

FedEx isn’t what it once was. We’ve had numerous issues with our regular delivery guy....if there’s a bit of snow, he refuses to deliver. Last year, our daughter sent flowers for Mother’s Day....they were left at the mail box 1/2 mile from the house. Many of the drivers are now “contract employees”.....you get what you pay for! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

We have a similar situation with our driveway. UPS and FedEx trucks almost always come on down the driveway, and turn around. A few times each year though, we'll get a driver that parks at the end of the drive (or sometimes in the road ), and walks the whole 400' to the house. This seems to be related more to driver IQ (or lack thereof) than any change in policy.

Same situation here...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It probably is a new driver. Until recently, we have had to train new UPS and Fed Ex drivers to leave all deliveries at our second gate - which is about a mile from our house. We don't want them to come up the driveway as their trucks tear up our gravel driveway. We finally solved the problem by installing an electric gate, so it is now permanently closed.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Most here come up the 100 yard driveway, unless snow is too deep

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had deliveries yesterday and the day before. Both times they drove up the house and turned around in the yard.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Buckman
I had a FED X delivery yesterday from a U-Haul truck. They backed into the driveway but not all the down.

shortage of delivery trucks......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by Buckman

shortage of delivery trucks......

We see that sort of thing around Christmas.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Easy Jorge...That “Zipperhead” has a name and it’s Thomas, or Michael, or Daniel or Jonathan....😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Fed Ex and UPS have merged- - - - - -their new name is FED-UP!

LOL!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think FedEx is struggling with what to do.

Pulling away from Amazon was right but there's not a GREAT alternative.

What they SHOULD do - IMO, is get with Shopify and be tight with them. Competitor to Amazon with a slightly better model (IMO) and great density.

Me

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

UPDATE: This morning’s UPS delivery.....to the door! memtb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (222Sako, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.