Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The point of social distancing is to mitigate the number of hospitalized people at one time, Look at the custer f NYC is now. Wyoming only has 150 confirmed cases, but they are truly testing only the sick and high risk showing signs. There are over 600 in Quarantine in one county, and 200 in another with what they believe is COVID 19, but save the testing equipment for the same people that get the good elk tags apparently......
How many hospital beds do you think are in this state????? There is less then one medical facility per county and barely enough doctors to go around for the regular flu season. A regular Doctors appointment takes a month and a half. and car wrecks of any serious nature get you a helicopter ride to Billings or Denver( which ain't gonna happen now)

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by wyoming260
The point of social distancing is to mitigate the number of hospitalized people at one time, Look at the custer f NYC is now. Wyoming only has 150 confirmed cases, but they are truly testing only the sick and high risk showing signs. There are over 600 in Quarantine in one county, and 200 in another with what they believe is COVID 19, but save the testing equipment for the same people that get the good elk tags apparently......
How many hospital beds do you think are in this state????? There is less then one medical facility per county and barely enough doctors to go around for the regular flu season. A regular Doctors appointment takes a month and a half. and car wrecks of any serious nature get you a helicopter ride to Billings or Denver( which ain't gonna happen now)

How do you expect a level well thought out response to stoke social discord? Are you sure your poor enough to comment?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by dassa
Reading this thread I get the impression a lot of posters don't realize that getting the virus doesn't equal dying. I guess the media won this round.

Amen on that! Many victims of left wing propaganda.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am deeply impressed by everyone's concern for their money....er, I mean fellow man.

Deeply impressed.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I am deeply impressed by everyone's concern for their money....er, I mean fellow man.

Deeply impressed.
I know you normally go all week without seeing anybody outside your family, but the rest of us have a decision to make.

The risk is NEVER going to be zero.
When do you resume life? No matter when that is, you are going to risk killing someone's grandma.

When are you not a selfish bastard?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Deeply impressed.

In the real world, what are your chances of getting the virus, probably near 0%. 100% chance you will be negatively affected by this monetarily. Obviously the naysayers are more concerned for you than you are.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Geeze guys I said I was deeply impressed.

I am MAGA.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RAS
I see that my question created a lively debate. smile

Until we discover something that either cures it or stops from becoming a serious illness, our country leaders are going to have to decide between the economy and the virus.

I am in the camp that says, protect everyone as much as possible, keep THE MOST vulnerable locked away, and go back to work.

Will some people die from that course of action? Yes. But I think going into a depression would put even more human misery on the country. And last longer than 1.5 years, which the common answer for a vaccine.

We could have surrendered right away to Germany and Japan in 1941. We didn’t. We decided that not surrendering was worth 400,000 American lives. It was an acceptable cost. We didn’t like it, but decided it was best for the future.

Why is this any different?

All good cogent thoughts and I agree with your final assessment.

I have taken the “down time” as an opportunity to read a couple of books that I’ve wanted to read for a long time but didn’t get around to. One was Viktor Frankl’s Mans Search For Meaning which is a fascinating dive into a psychologist’s first hand account of life in a Nazi concentration camp. In it he repeats Nietzsche’s famous saying “He who has a Why to live can bear any How”. The opposite is true as we see from those in our culture who think everything from cell phones to internet connections are an entitlement, and wither if they don’t get their way.

We have lost any semblance of a collective “Why”.

My 12 yo daughter was out in the driveway coloring yesterday and this morning I found her picture which I think captures some of the cognitive dissonance we all feel in this situation:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It says “we are in this together but... stay 6 feet apart”

Weird times food thread man thanks for starting it.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Deeply impressed.
I know you normally go all week without seeing anybody outside your family, but the rest of us have a decision to make.

The risk is NEVER going to be zero.
When do you resume life? No matter when that is, you are going to risk killing someone's grandma.

When are you not a selfish bastard?

When the authorities say it’s ok.

I sent you a PM with a link to an article you might appreciate.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Have at it fellas.

They got armed guards outside your doors yet?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Deeply impressed.

Originally Posted by New_2_99s

You want to know what my biggest worry is ?

Holding my oath/commitment to my employees, that I will continue to support their families !

Man up, or own it !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am worried that all the fugging personal debt that we all gathered up during the "good times" before this virus, during the "booming economy" is gonna cause trouble....sooner than later.

Sooner now. Jeebus...look at what you have to sacrifice to keep the economy "booming".

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
A short term shut down gonna cause us to become a third world schit hole?

Man! Talk about resilience!

What a fugging house of cards........

I am MAGA.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Covid 19. I've lost a lot of money (paper losses) but I'm still okay and that can come back. Losing my health or life is much more serious.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Covid 19. I've lost a lot of money (paper losses) but I'm still okay and that can come back. Losing my health or life is much more serious.

As long as the pension check shows up all is well.

If they keep this up the coming food riots will make covid irrelevant....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats how I feel about it too.

We can apparently dismiss all known scientific reports about the virus and its potential impact......but have to believe every economist who writes an article.

I dont know........are the Keynes types in lock step with the Friedman followers? Do 98% of economists agree?

I just think we need to do what we can now....and remain cautious.

Otherwise we all go lick a shopping cart and hope that a Gin in Tonic saves us?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by irfubar

Food riots? The hell you say!

With all the dead people around there will be plenty of Soylent Green in the pipeline.......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar

Food riots? The hell you say!

With all the dead people around there will be plenty of Soylent Green in the pipeline.......

Always a ray of sunshine...... smile oh and I have suspended my plans for coming your way with the whoop ass....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
How come?

I realize that the Hi Line is no fishing trip to AZ, but we have many other things to offer.

Nalivka's pizza for one! Its zee best in zee vorld.

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
All I am "worried" about is what I will get drawn for this fall's hunting season.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (338reddog, 219 Wasp, 30Gibbs, 10ring1, 29aholic, 348srfun, 34 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,205
Posts18,524,224
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.