Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That's why there is a market, everyone can place their bets and put their money where their mouth is. I will watch the charts and see what they say, but right now, they tell me we have a higher probability of a downside move than an upside, but I'm just a redneck from Iowa.

IMO there will be a couple airlines that don't survive this. If you can short the correct ones, you don't have to close out the trade for taxes. ( unless that changed last year) Ride it til ZERO !

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Most of you have lost your minds. Now is not the time to buy. It's only the beginning of the global recession...
Maximum despair and pessimism is the time to buy. Question is when does that happen. Buying something beaten down and cheap is not human nature.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
So...global recession. Means all stocks will be dirt cheap and when it comes back to normal i will be very rich.

Does he not understand simple concepts like buying things on sale and not at the highest price?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
SPY @ 193
IWM @ 90

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
MGM- MGM resorts international- Long term hold for me
OGI- Organigram (pot stock) Short term more than likely....
APHA- Aphria (pot stock)
PINS - pinterest- Partnering with scientists to launch "How we feel" app to track covidm cases. I like in the mid term
CDAY - Ceridian Holdings (pot stock)
XOM- Long term hold for me
GM if it hits $10-$12 or lower
PAYC- Paycom, was at $337 end of Feb., $165 today. Software that a LOT of small businesses use for HR, Payroll etc.
Mostly larger small businesses though, so I don't think it's going to take a hit from all the really small businesses
shuttering permanently that we're undoubtedly going to see/are seeing.
WORK- Slack technologies inc. facilitates working from home.

Watching:
DG- Dollar General
PZZA- Papa Johns
BA- Boeing
SYY- SYSCO, once restaurants and schools reopen it should be GTG?

*Edit to add*
I don't smoke weed, even though I mentioned 4 cannabis
Stocks.

Presently, I mean.

Last edited by jackmountain; 04/04/20.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by horse1
Any thoughts on ServiceMaster or the like being called in to sanitize before lots of places open back up?

Excellent foresight right there....

How about any of the companies that build crude oil/gas/diesel storage tanks? Given the low price of oil and Trump's urgency to buy crude, any chance that .Gov builds/buys a bunch of storage @ military bases all over the country?

I have nothing to do with the financial industry at all, just trying to think of stuff folks haven't already run up yet.

Uncle Sammie already said they would lease space in the Strategic reserves to oil companies

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It’s been an interesting month. I just don’t know what to buy or hold. Have $20k in a gun slush fund and been thinking about dumping it into the market to play with.
Informative thread, keep it flowing

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Income stocks:

PCI
PTY
SLJ-A
EPR
CEQP-P

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by persiandog
SPY @ 193
IWM @ 90

I sold and purchased both with perfect timing. One of my few great stock market moments.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Picked up more BA when it dropped below $124

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bowfisher
That's why there is a market, everyone can place their bets and put their money where their mouth is. I will watch the charts and see what they say, but right now, they tell me we have a higher probability of a downside move than an upside, but I'm just a redneck from Iowa.

IMO there will be a couple airlines that don't survive this. If you can short the correct ones, you don't have to close out the trade for taxes. ( unless that changed last year) Ride it til ZERO !

I'm in the same camp, watching and waiting. But it could be a year wait and slow grind down. Weaker airlines will probably go away but larger airlines like Delta, United, Alaska, and SW will survive but may have greatly reduced value depending on how .gov bailout package works.

I think there is going to be some very grim financial news coming out in the next few months. It's going to take a year or two to get the economy re-booted. This isn't a one quarter and done thing.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Think you're right

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by bowfisher

I'm in the same camp, watching and waiting. But it could be a year wait and slow grind down. Weaker airlines will probably go away but larger airlines like Delta, United, Alaska, and SW will survive but may have greatly reduced value depending on how .gov bailout package works.

I think there is going to be some very grim financial news coming out in the next few months. It's going to take a year or two to get the economy re-booted. This isn't a one quarter and done thing.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Most of you have lost your minds. Now is not the time to buy. It's only the beginning of the global recession...
Maximum despair and pessimism is the time to buy. Question is when does that happen. Buying something beaten down and cheap is not human nature.

Agreed. I am usually an optimist, but in this case, all indications at this time are pointing to a global recession. I will jump in at some point in the next 3-12 months and dollar cost average down.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Stocks to buy :

Exhibition Grade Black Walnut .

$ 550 Shipped Lower 48

However , I did buy , among others, 1000 shares Moderna ( MRNA) 2 months ago.

The question is: should I take the 10 K gain and sell now or hold??????

Attached Images
IMG_2484.jpg (9.7 KB, 213 downloads)
IMG_2453 (1).jpg (8.82 KB, 210 downloads)
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka
Picked up more BA when it dropped below $124

BA up 15 per cent today. Made some decent profits. All my stocks up today.

Probably big correction tomorrow. Evaluate and cash some out.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

interesting perspective on our current economy and where we go from here

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As much as I don't like the CEO, Amazon may come out good as people buy more stuff online.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Another crazy market this morning . Was done by 10 EST. Cashed out early on a bunch of stocks. OXY made another big move so did ALK, CLR.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

As posted above on 04/ 06/ 20

1000 shares of Moderna ( mrna)

Hit about $ 68 / share a couple weeks ago.

Not too bad.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 673, 18 invisible), 1,257 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,128
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.