Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Morewood
I've been kicking around the idea of buying a new truck but I might need to buy more toilet paper.

Win win. You can haul your stockpile in your new truck. smile

Package deal!

Warranty could have a Dinkleberry clause, also.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Depending on where you are, if you're some place that hasn't been locked down yet, now might be the time to strike.

Is there anywhere that hasn't been locked down?

Yeah there are. 9 states haven't issued stay at home orders and won't unless the federal government orders it. Then they probably won't enforce it.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The 7.3L w/ 10-speed transmission is one helluva truck!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Do you have one? My dealer says all the local guys doing in town Trips are buying them instead of the diesel.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I went in yesterday with a serious attempt to buy a new F-150. Dealer worked via text only (dropped current F-150 off for service before opening so salesman could evaluate my potential trade)

At the end of the day, he offered me $10K below market for my trade, and only knocked $2K off the MSRP for the new truck.

I texted him back that I’d come back later for the Chapter 11 auction.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Jack, $73K?!

That better be the super pimp Chevy with coon proof locks!

Kings, whether or not the local dealer has a decent loaner on the lot will be a big factor.

And I'm being serious. Ask Jim how it goes.....grin

Are you lovin' your 6.7?

It's a beast. I can't believe how well it handles the weight. I'm pulling a heavily loaded down 36' enclosed gooseneck, a 1000 miles each way. I'm a life long, third generation Chevy/GMC guy—I still have an 07 LBZ Duramax and a 2016 LML Duramax High Country. This Ford is awesome. I won't be going back to GM.

JackMt-You should check the Fords out. There are a few annoying dings and dongs, and the fücking lights—every fücking light on the truck, turns on every time you open the door. I need to get a PC laptop and FORSCAN and tweak theses settings. The truck pulls and brakes like a beast. I'm more than halfway through the factory Goodyears.

I had a little snafu in a flash blizzard near Syracuse, NY. A car lost control, spinning across both lanes from guard rail to guard rail. It ricocheted off the left guard rail to start spinning back across the lanes. I moved over to about 2 feet off the right hand guard rail. I was pulling a full load. The guy was coming right at me, but there was nothing I could do. This was all at 45-50MPH. He hit me in front of the left front tire. It was nearly head on. I was sure he was going to knock me into the guard rail. He then spun and hit me in the rear wheel and bedside/fender on the same side. In the mirror I say him bounce across the interstate, guard rail to guard rail two more times. The truck suffered $7K in damage that I've yet to get fixed. It's all cosmetic and very minor given the circumstances. The aluminum bodies are rugged.

These Fords are for real.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Do you have one? My dealer says all the local guys doing in town Trips are buying them instead of the diesel.

My 2019 F350 Diesel gets 14.5mpg around town and on short highway trips.

Pulling a 36' Enclosed gooseneck at max cap. I average 11.2 doing 68-70 mph.

Diesel fuel is more expensive and the option is another ~$10K out of the gate. For what I'm doing, I've got 5 big trailers, I like the diesel. I can see how the big gasser will be very popular.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's the new gas engine from Ford, the 6.7 is still the diesel option and it's a good one.

Ideally I wanted to wait a year for them to get the kinks worked out on the engine and new 10 speed transmission but our 2004 back up feed pickup is sorta fubar so......

Ah.. missed that. That'll have some serious grunt especially with 10 speeds to work with...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Buddy bought a f550 crew, 6.7L, 4x4 with 11' utility bed. It has me thinking. I drove a 2019 Ford last Dec. Looking for a tax break but just couldn't do it. My only Ford was a 1988 f250 when I was 20yo. 5sp manual and 302, both shot at just over 100,000. Been GM products ever since. Hard habit to break.

If Toyota would just bring a Tundra 2500/3500 to market.....dually crew preferably. Id never look back.

Last edited by jackmountain; 04/03/20.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Diesel fuel is more expensive and the option is another ~$10K out of the gate. For what I'm doing, I've got 5 big trailers, I like the diesel. I can see how the big gasser will be very popular.

I believe the gasser trend is what provoked the 7.3 gas option. It doesn’t always pencil out like you say for certain fleets/small business owners.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Are you lovin' your 6.7?

It's a beast. I can't believe how well it handles the weight. I'm pulling a heavily loaded down 36' enclosed gooseneck, a 1000 miles each way. I'm a life long, third generation Chevy/GMC guy—I still have an 07 LBZ Duramax and a 2016 LML Duramax High Country. This Ford is awesome. I won't be going back to GM.

These Fords are for real.

The F350 with a 6.7 is an awesome combo. We've had no major issues with the engine or 'old' six speed transmission.

Dump the emissions and they rip.....

But under warranty leave as is.

Last edited by SamOlson; 04/03/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I doubt it. The factories are shut down and the automakers are waiting on their bailouts while they make a bunch of ventilators.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Anybody running a new GM 6.6 gasser? Can't believe the idiots ditched the proven 6.0. I rate it up there with the 350 for sentimental attachment.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Management" and I are in discussion over purchasing this bad boy.

Ditch the box and add a Hydra-Bed.

The big gas, some mud tires and a locking rear axle would be sweet IMO.

https://www.foxfordwolfpoint.com/ne...0-4X4+STYLESIDE+PICKUP-1FTRF3BN8LED50855

That’s badass Sam!!!

Be a great feed truck! But I could never bring myself to buy another single cab. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I believe the gasser trend is what provoked the 7.3 gas option. It doesn’t always pencil out like you say for certain fleets/small business owners.

What doesn’t pencil out like what?

All the emissions shït made these diesels expensive to build, buy, warranty, service and maintain. The emissions shït also undermined fuel efficiency. My tuned and deleted 07 LBZ is a monster and gets 23 around town if you don’t spin the wheels.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The F350 with a 6.7 is an awesome combo. We've had no major issues with the engine or 'old' six speed transmission.

Dump the emissions and they rip.....

But under warranty leave as is.

I don’t think there’s any support for this after the big EPA crack down last year. PM me details if I’m wrong—I’d love to be wrong.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Deals were much better in March. Now dealers have less inventory and most are closed. Those that are open have to make more money on each unit since they aren't selling as many. I visit a couple different car and truck forums and there are a lot of unhappy people thinking they would snag the bargain of the century this month and it aint gonna happen.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Depending on where you are, if you're some place that hasn't been locked down yet, now might be the time to strike.

Is there anywhere that hasn't been locked down?

Yes, the Antarctic.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Deals were much better in March. Now dealers have less inventory and most are closed. Those that are open have to make more money on each unit since they aren't selling as many. I visit a couple different car and truck forums and there are a lot of unhappy people thinking they would snag the bargain of the century this month and it aint gonna happen.

If this schitt show lasts another month or two, that will change and there will be deals to be had.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/03/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

What doesn’t pencil out like what?

All the emissions shït made these diesels expensive to build, buy, warranty, service and maintain. The emissions shït also undermined fuel efficiency. My tuned and deleted 07 LBZ is a monster and gets 23 around town if you don’t spin the wheels.

Im agreeing with you that the gas engine will be popular. Not everybody can afford or need the diesel.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,639
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.