Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

I don’t think there’s any support for this after the big EPA crack down last year. PM me details if I’m wrong—I’d love to be wrong.

It would have to be a custom job.

If trading all the time I wouldn't consider it.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
The real Ford gasser deal will be a used 6.2.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gas or Diesel? Depends on what you need to pull. Diesel for myself, and I'm not going back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LoadClear
I went in yesterday with a serious attempt to buy a new F-150. Dealer worked via text only (dropped current F-150 off for service before opening so salesman could evaluate my potential trade)

At the end of the day, he offered me $10K below market for my trade, and only knocked $2K off the MSRP for the new truck.

I texted him back that I’d come back later for the Chapter 11 auction.

Touche'. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I went in yesterday with a serious attempt to buy a new F-150. Dealer worked via text only (dropped current F-150 off for service before opening so salesman could evaluate my potential trade)

At the end of the day, he offered me $10K below market for my trade, and only knocked $2K off the MSRP for the new truck.

Touche'. smile

Wow. He doesn’t sound too motivated.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Planning on getting a new truck this summer or fall.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Nebraska
The 7.3L w/ 10-speed transmission is one helluva truck!!

Do you have one? My dealer says all the local guys doing in town Trips are buying them instead of the diesel.

My 2019 F350 Diesel gets 14.5mpg around town and on short highway trips.

Pulling a 36' Enclosed gooseneck at max cap. I average 11.2 doing 68-70 mph.

Diesel fuel is more expensive and the option is another ~$10K out of the gate. For what I'm doing, I've got 5 big trailers, I like the diesel. I can see how the big gasser will be very popular.

I believe the gasser trend is what provoked the 7.3 gas option. It doesn’t always pencil out like you say for certain fleets/small business owners.

What doesn’t pencil out like what?

All the emissions shït made these diesels expensive to build, buy, warranty, service and maintain. The emissions shït also undermined fuel efficiency. My tuned and deleted 07 LBZ is a monster and gets 23 around town if you don’t spin the wheels.

Im agreeing with you that the gas engine will be popular. Not everybody can afford or need the diesel.

Anywhere they use salt, a big gasser makes even more sense in GM as they seem to be designed to rot out in 6 years.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Nebraska
The 7.3L w/ 10-speed transmission is one helluva truck!!

Do you have one? My dealer says all the local guys doing in town Trips are buying them instead of the diesel.

My 2019 F350 Diesel gets 14.5mpg around town and on short highway trips.

Pulling a 36' Enclosed gooseneck at max cap. I average 11.2 doing 68-70 mph.

Diesel fuel is more expensive and the option is another ~$10K out of the gate. For what I'm doing, I've got 5 big trailers, I like the diesel. I can see how the big gasser will be very popular.

I believe the gasser trend is what provoked the 7.3 gas option. It doesn’t always pencil out like you say for certain fleets/small business owners.

What doesn’t pencil out like what?

All the emissions shït made these diesels expensive to build, buy, warranty, service and maintain. The emissions shït also undermined fuel efficiency. My tuned and deleted 07 LBZ is a monster and gets 23 around town if you don’t spin the wheels.

Im agreeing with you that the gas engine will be popular. Not everybody can afford or need the diesel.

Anywhere they use salt, a big gasser makes even more sense in GM as they seem to be designed to rot out in 6 years.

I’ve heard of premature GM rusting .

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Touche'. smile

Wow. He doesn’t sound too motivated.

Right? I couldn't believe the arrogance in the converation.... when I bought the current truck, (in 2016), the salesman was straight up with me- gave me a sell price 10K below sticker. I was honest with him and said i'd only buy at a price better than my X-plan pricing, and he came at me with his best offer (which was much better than X plan). We shook hands and I was happy. This time, The joker tried to talk me down from MSRP plus dealer markup... fully knowing that I had X plan pricing at 10K less than MSRP. He was dumb. I'm not buying this last years (2019) truck for MSRP, nor will I accept $14000 for my current F-150 in trade. These Jokers have to accecpt the new economy.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Corrosion on a well cared for 6 month old truck and GM’s response to it is what motivated me to look at Ford. I never would have considered it otherwise.

IC B3

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thinking of buying an "older truck", with VENT WINDOWS...

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Right? I couldn't believe the arrogance in the converation.... when I bought the current truck, (in 2016), the salesman was straight up with me- gave me a sell price 10K below sticker. I was honest with him and said i'd only buy at a price better than my X-plan pricing, and he came at me with his best offer (which was much better than X plan). We shook hands and I was happy. This time, The joker tried to talk me down from MSRP plus dealer markup... fully knowing that I had X plan pricing at 10K less than MSRP. He was dumb. I'm not buying this last years (2019) truck for MSRP, nor will I accept $14000 for my current F-150 in trade. These Jokers have to accecpt the new economy.

That shït wouldn’t fly in the old economy.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by SamOlson
"Management" and I are in discussion over purchasing this bad boy.

Ditch the box and add a Hydra-Bed.

The big gas, some mud tires and a locking rear axle would be sweet IMO.

https://www.foxfordwolfpoint.com/ne...0-4X4+STYLESIDE+PICKUP-1FTRF3BN8LED50855

'19 Diesel

For an extra $700 you can have a '19 Crew with a diesel.......

Last edited by horse1; 04/03/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Deals were much better in March. Now dealers have less inventory and most are closed. Those that are open have to make more money on each unit since they aren't selling as many. I visit a couple different car and truck forums and there are a lot of unhappy people thinking they would snag the bargain of the century this month and it aint gonna happen.

If this schitt show lasts another month or two, that will change and there will be deals to be had.

Don't see how. Factorys will remain closed and inventory will be even lower. Any great deals will be buying used from private sellers trying to get out from underneath their loans.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Deals were much better in March. Now dealers have less inventory and most are closed. Those that are open have to make more money on each unit since they aren't selling as many. I visit a couple different car and truck forums and there are a lot of unhappy people thinking they would snag the bargain of the century this month and it aint gonna happen.

If this schitt show lasts another month or two, that will change and there will be deals to be had.

Don't see how. Factorys will remain closed and inventory will be even lower. Any great deals will be buying used from private sellers trying to get out from underneath their loans.

Used car lots already dropping prices

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sammo, you could save yourself $1K and get a crew cab 7.3 Gasser in Bismarck:

7.3 Crew

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Clay, I want a short turning radius, for driving in pens, river bottom trees, pulling a stock trailer around washouts, off-road maneuverability ...

Single rear wheel is good, so tired of DRW and mud.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Clay, I want a short turning radius, for driving in pens, river bottom trees, pulling a stock trailer around washouts, off-road maneuverability ...

Single rear wheel is good, so tired of DRW and mud.

I get what you're going for, but $48K for a Std Cab XLT, YE-OUCH!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The fubar '04 would be going in on trade. All issues made known, private sale I'm thinking $4-5k, maybe $7-8k on a trade for a new pickup.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I know you said no dually, but, this is a LOT more truck for $2K less:

F550

What I'm trying to get at is $48K for that std cab truck is flipping NUTZ!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,450
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.