Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
None yet.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
A client who is a nurse has tested positive.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’ve lost four friends so far....

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A co worker tested positive for C19. Half dozen others are off with symptoms. A former co worker’s son died two days ago from C19 complications.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Heavy hit. Very sorry.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Sorry for your loss, and others who are affected.

Stay safe my friends.

Texas
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Our county's first confirmed case and first death was a great friend who was our local rodeo "expert". Helped every one of us get started, paid our fees when we were young and broke, would give you the shirt off his back. As the local paper said "A pillar of the community". For a Pennsylvania boy, he defined being a Cowboy, and more importantly being a Man.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a friend I went to Jr. High with, up in Kansas City, who has it. He's pretty much over it, but it was a rough go.

There's enough people dying from it that I wonder if the percentages are even right.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Local 77 year old man, retired teacher and long time family friend was diagnosed with it. Last I heard he was moved after a week or so of home quarantine to ICU at the hospital. Lifelong non smoker, non drinker, hard core Christian. He was the first diagnosed in our county with another 2 more since.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tag

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
College roommate was one if the first In Oklahoma to get it. He’s fine now. I think there are 6 cases in my county.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Neighbor, about 4 houses down for mine. It's less than 250 yards from my front door.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Last Saturday, one of my guys comes to work not feeling well. He's 28 years old. Around 10:00 am he says that he thinks he might be running a fever, so we sent him home. His little brother also works here. He calls the doctor on Monday and he's running 102* temperature. The doctor's office tells him that his symptoms don't sound like C19 and that he might have the flu or strep. His mother is a nurse and both parents work in nursing homes. The doctor's office tells him that they won't test him for the flu or C19 because there is nothing they can do for him and to stay home until 3 days after the symptoms go away. WTF??? His parents can't go to work, but his brother is coming in. Nobody else in his family is sick.

Now, if they're not testing people, how do they who has it or not? How am I, as a business owner, supposed to know how to react? How many customers, if any, have been exposed?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't know anyone yet, but I live pretty rural and most of my peeps do as well.

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Last Saturday, one of my guys comes to work not feeling well. He's 28 years old. Around 10:00 am he says that he thinks he might be running a fever, so we sent him home. His little brother also works here. He calls the doctor on Monday and he's running 102* temperature. The doctor's office tells him that his symptoms don't sound like C19 and that he might have the flu or strep. His mother is a nurse and both parents work in nursing homes. The doctor's office tells him that they won't test him for the flu or C19 because there is nothing they can do for him and to stay home until 3 days after the symptoms go away. WTF??? His parents can't go to work, but his brother is coming in. Nobody else in his family is sick.

Now, if they're not testing people, how do they who has it or not? How am I, as a business owner, supposed to know how to react? How many customers, if any, have been exposed?

I keep hearing stories similar to that lately from my area as well. People who are legitimately sick being turned away for testing. If they arent testing these folks, then how can they even begin to throw out numbers and percentages. The figures cant begin to be accurate.

Another observation from my area... a few people have passed away locally, all attributed (socially anyhow) as being a result of the Covid virus. Alright. Until it isnt..

One of the folks who passed on was a gentleman in his 40s, who was a few years ahead of me in high school. I didnt "know him", but I knew the name if that makes sense; small hometown. At any rate, I messaged a family member whom I did know, to send my condolences. I couldn't help but ask what had happened since we are similarly aged, and obviously being in his forties, he was still pretty young to just die of natural causes. The family member had told me that it was a massive heart attack, but word got out that it had been Covid, which was grossly inaccurate. The newspaper listed the cause of death as a sudden illness in his obituary which I'm sure further fueled the rumors.

So it seems that quite a few people who untimely pass are now suddenly labeled with having had the Covid, which makes it seem like everyone who dies now, is from this virus.

I'm not trying to participate in the "blown out of proportion" versus the "were all going to die" argument. I have spoken to several medical professionals, and have gotten several different answers, all falling somewhere in that range. I'm not a medical professional, so I try not to provide my expert opinion. I will say however that I don't trust any of the numbers they are putting out simply because, the testing seems to be inconsistent, at best, and the social rumor spreading seems to be further fueling the panic, whether true or not.

I try to remain cautious in my activities, and pray for this to end as soon as possible. I do fear for our country and the economy, and the possible political ramifications that will take place in November. With the exception of a few Campfire members, I'm sure I'm in the majority when I say I'm not looking forward to any democrat wins in November stemming from this, or any other reason for that matter.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The 1st person in our county to test positive was the former Assistant Principal at the school all of my grandkids attend, I wouldn't say we were friends, but we've met. He was just promoted to Principal at another school so he had not been in the same building with my grandkids. He and his wife (both in their 40's) got it at choir practice at their church along with 13 others. He and his wife have since been sent home and recovered, but his wife almost died. She was air flighted to a bigger hospital in Atlanta. One other from that group was the 1st local death.

Another friend lost his 80 year old dad yesterday, and another friends dad is in the hospital sick, but undiagnosed last I head. We've had 79 cases locally with 3 deaths. I think there are still 30 something hospitalized.

The lack of testing kits is the real problem. We are assuming everyone has it, and the number who do have it is most likely much, much, higher than reported. A large number never get sick at all, especially young healthy people, but can pass it on to others who could die from it.

My daughter is a nurse at one of our local hospitals. She normally works in surgery, but only emergency surgeries are being done now, they moved her to the floor yesterday. She doesn't have a lot of experience with that and I worry about her.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (204guy, 16gage, 1234, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,095
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.