Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
In the midst of a global pandemic and some idiot is worried about his 2A rights, what a moron.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AZmark
Dont be blaming the spread of this all on "Boomers".

I'm as ardent a critic of boomers as most anyone, and yes they are generally an ignorant and tremendously entitled bunch of whinging self absorbed silver spoon jew-puppets, but it is unfair to blame them for COVID spreading. Especially since it is clearly a plague sent by God to punish them for their sins.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I think we need to put all the dummies in one area and let them hang out together for a month. Problem solved.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
you have free speech but if you yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater and someone gets hurt your going to jail.

"Stick em up and hand over your wallet" is technically speech, but to say that this is an exception to the free speech guarantee in the First Amendment is incorrect. The reason is that the words spoken don't in themselves constitute the crime. The words spoken merely indicate, in connection with the context of pointing a handgun at the person spoken to, an intention to commit the crime of armed robbery. It's the same for shouting fire in a crowded theater. Neither is that an exception to our free speech guarantee. It's merely evidence of the intention to commit the crime of intentionally causing chaos and injury by falsely conveying to others that there is an imminent danger of death within the theater. You can, in fact, without fear of legal action against you, shout fire in a crowded theater, so long as there actually is one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We incarcerated thousands of (Japanese) US citizens during WWII.....

Further....there is such a thing as Marshal law declarations. I'm not sure that has been done yet nor what the procedure is to do it.....but our constitutional rights can be disregarded under some circumstances.

Last edited by vapodog; 04/04/20.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by gunswizard
In the midst of a global pandemic and some idiot is worried about his 2A rights, what a moron.

In the midst of a global pandemic is exactly when you should be worried about your 2nd amendment rights.

MOLON LABE
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Would the Marshal that declares the law be Matt Dillon, Bill Hickock, or maybe Chuck Norris? Would their pronouncements have the same weight as a declaration of Martial law by the President?
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When a formal declaration of emergency is declared, it opens up a lot of things that can legally infringe on our individual rights.

Those words 'in times of emergency' that are written in legal code, have a meaning. A declaration of emergency is not something to be taken lightly. It opens the doors to far more than just emergency funding.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Your “right” to go to the goddamm post office every fuggin day to get your junk mail with a pandemic in effect ( bless your Boomer heart) doesn’t give you the right to threaten mine and everyone else’s health.

The pros have said what needs to be done in simple terms what it takes to mitigate. They went to school for 7-9 years, Fred at the asbestos factory didn’t.

Fred can’t even figure out the price per round breakdown of a box of 50 9mm cartridges. But by God don’t tell him he can’t go to the donut shop.

OH’ really? I would bet your last dollar that Fred's doughnut and coffee are cheapest is three counties.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When the actions of few affect many... Time to use a bit of common sense, wouldn't you think?

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Hastings
Going to be interesting if those 1000 Pentecostals show up for services and call this bluff

Bluff? Really? You think the Court will look favorably on the idiots when the statisticians show the probable number of deaths caused by just one church service with 1k in attendance?
I am wondering where 1000 defiant Pentecostals or anyone else could be detained. That's all.This order is pretty much like our mandatory hurricane evacuations which in reality are voluntary. Speaking of hurricanes. With this quarantine going on I wonder what will happen when New Orleans or Miami are ordered to evacuate.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Anaconda

In the midst of a global pandemic is exactly when you should be worried about your 2nd amendment rights.

My guns don't spread the virus.

1000 people in a crowded church does.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Going to be interesting if those 1000 Pentecostals show up for services and call this bluff

Bluff? Really? You think the Court will look favorably on the idiots when the statisticians show the probable number of deaths caused by just one church service with 1k in attendance?
I am wondering where 1000 defiant Pentecostals or anyone else could be detained. That's all.This order is pretty much like our mandatory hurricane evacuations which in reality are voluntary. Speaking of hurricanes. With this quarantine going on I wonder what will happen when New Orleans or Miami are ordered to evacuate.

With a little chain link and concertina wire, it's pretty easy to detain a whole lot of people.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Question was, "How can this be constitutionally legal"? Well simple really, most of our laws are not so what difference does it make?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I think we need to put all the dummies in one area and let them hang out together for a month. Problem solved.

Along with everyone in their community who returns from spring break or other large gatherings in other areas.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Fubarski
There's no difference between revoking the Bill of Rights to save some people from a virus, and revoking the 2d Amendment to save some people from gunshot wounds.

They'd a big difference. People are dying from this virus! Did you want to visit will these families and explain to them that people die? Yeah, didn't think so.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Would the Marshal that declares the law be Matt Dillon, Bill Hickock, or maybe Chuck Norris? Would their pronouncements have the same weight as a declaration of Martial law by the President?
Jerry

The struggles many here have with the English language rival those of simple math.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Fubarski
There's no difference between revoking the Bill of Rights to save some people from a virus, and revoking the 2d Amendment to save some people from gunshot wounds.

They'd a big difference. People are dying from this virus! Did you want to visit will these families and explain to them that people die? Yeah, didn't think so.

If they need someone to explain to them that people die, anything I would say would go over their heads.

People die, everyday.

Believe it or not.

And, people like you ingest over 100,000,000 viruses, every day.

Quarantined or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

With a little chain link and concertina wire, it's pretty easy to detain a whole lot of people.
Yes sir, you are right. But I'm thinking fence and razor wire won't be an option for 1000s of hurricane evacuees. Or old Pentecostal ladies.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Anaconda

That's for sure. Was he, perhaps, being sarcastic?

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,568 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.