Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jimmyp
YOu dont really have any rights, you can pretend to have them, but around the time you feel the need to test that, the Government will let you know what rights they will let you have.

Yep. I agree JimmyP.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Originally Posted by gunswizard
In the midst of a global pandemic and some idiot is worried about his 2A rights, what a moron.

Originally Posted by Anaconda
Originally Posted by gunswizard
In the midst of a global pandemic and some idiot is worried about his 2A rights, what a moron.

In the midst of a global pandemic is exactly when you should be worried about your 2nd amendment rights.

totally agree with Anaconda

X2

This again shows why GeeWiz is an absolute fûcktard. Unbelievable!

PS,

Flave said to tell you to just “STFU” as well....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I used to think this site was full of people who would be the ones to stand beside when the shot hit the fan. Now, I'm dismayed how easily most are willing to give up freedom for a (false) sense of security.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you have free speech but if you yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater and someone gets hurt your going to jail.
That's one of the most bogus, lawyer-driven, bs sayings in existence. If a lawyer didn't originally come up with it, then they sure have promoted it. If you can't legally say that, then you essentially don't have free speech.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Apparently, there are no bounds to your fear.And if those horrible religious protesters that so badly threaten your world don't want to be arrested, should the police shoot them?
Actually the president of the Philippines has ordered that solution. He has also given his citizens the right to kill drug traffickers.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
So Constitutional rights can be suspended if the POTUS declares a national emergency due to a pandemic.

What happens if a future democrat president declares an emergency after a mass shooting and confiscates all guns?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The argument of yelling Fire in a theater is OK only as long as it's applied equally.
So why are not most of the talking heads and outright liars in Media not in prison

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
So Constitutional rights can be suspended if the POTUS declares a national emergency due to a pandemic.
What happens if a future democrat president declares an emergency after a mass shooting and confiscates all guns?
Very good question. Makes an important point. Roosevelt got away with a lot of illegality that now we live with.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

That's fine, as long as he gets everyone scared enough, first. The constitution only applied when people are comfortable.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
Very good question. Makes an important point. Roosevelt got away with a lot of illegality that now we live with.

That all depends on the make up of the Supreme Court at the time.

We only have the rights we can defend, and there may come a time were we have to defend the second amendment, and by extension all of our right in a post judicial process.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by szihn
Simple answer:
IT'S NOT!

But the feds have not obeyed the Constitution when it opposes their policies in over 80 years. This is no different.
WE the PEOPLE are supposed to hold them the government accountable, and as long as we don't the feds will do what every they want.

Tax revolt is the tool.

So cowards and the ignorant will say "we can't do that".

I say to thew "happy 4th of July" and remind them Tax Revolt was what caused the efforts to gain independence from England's bad laws, and a fight against gun confiscation was what started the war in 1775. The Declaration of Independence didn't come about until July 4th 1776, well over a year after the taxes were refused and the war was going.

We can and we should "do that" And if we don't we have no one to blame but ourselves.

The first 3 words of our Constitution are WE THE PEOPLE. It's below idiocy to think government is going to give up power because it's lawful for them to do so.

So you think we should start the next Civil War?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Trumper
Greatest president in my lifetime, Donald J Trump said stay home 45 days it is anti American not to.
Your rights end where mine start.

If you weren't out and about, then you wouldn't have to worry about me being out, would you?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Honestly, this is a difficult question that penetrates right to the heart of the "how much freedom are you willing to give up for how much security?" question. I do not think the COVID is a hoax. I do not know how much of the fear-mongering by the MSM will turn out to have been warranted or how much of it will turn out to have been them doing what they are told to destroy the economy and/or get Trump defeated. I do think most of the government's actions, with the exceptions of some states, have been warranted thus far, up to this point. However, some of this is getting out of hand freedom-wise.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Covid 19 is the 2nd biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people, just behind the Halfrican.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ethan,
A perspective. The government can require we stay in place as a means of protecting ourselves and the public from exposure.

For how long? It would have to take its natural course from self isolation, to State Gov mandate, then Fed Marshal Law. Then a complete collapse of our system for providing food and essentials coupled with looting, assaults, rape and murders.

If not controlled by LEO the people will protect themselves, if they can. Our freedoms won’t be held back at this point.

That’s why it’s imperative that any State or Fed Gov attempting to confiscate a legally owned firearm needs to be met with a strong voice of No F’n Way....And force on force if pushed by any authority.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Going to be interesting if those 1000 Pentecostals show up for services and call this bluff

Bluff? Really? You think the Court will look favorably on the idiots when the statisticians show the probable number of deaths caused by just one church service with 1k in attendance?
I am wondering where 1000 defiant Pentecostals or anyone else could be detained. That's all.This order is pretty much like our mandatory hurricane evacuations which in reality are voluntary. Speaking of hurricanes. With this quarantine going on I wonder what will happen when New Orleans or Miami are ordered to evacuate.

With a little chain link and concertina wire, it's pretty easy to detain a whole lot of people.

And then, you can tattoo em, and make em wear yellow badges, while they wait for the cattle car train to take em to a camp, so you can feel less afraid.

Good Morning Fubarski.

Thank you for showing up this morning to display your ignorance and provide The Fire another morning of high entertainment.

Just tryin ta put a check and balance, on the resident liberals.

You are the lighthouse in the storm. Keep shining bright. The lost will think they have found the way only to be lost again. This happens when you do the same thing over and over.

L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
you have free speech but if you yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater and someone gets hurt your going to jail.

So you ban from the theater everyone who can shout the word fire. This is what they are proposing.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Going to be interesting if those 1000 Pentecostals show up for services and call this bluff

They did in Baton Rouge, twice.

Central area. One person in the “services “ had a mask on.

No snakes involved that I know of..

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
The bill of rights emphasizes freedoms and with freedoms come responsibility. Liberals want to take away freedoms by implying they are doing it for the good of the public. Liberals also want to take away individual responsibility by telling everyone how they must behave, in simpler terms they feel a divine rights to protect people from themselves.

Trading freedom for security is the act of a coward.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Apparently, there are no bounds to your fear.

And if those horrible religious protesters that so badly threaten your world don't want to be arrested, should the police shoot them?

Fubarski,

Here's your greatest intellectual challenge. You are a linear, all or none, thinker, incapable of understanding nuance and subtitle. This is common in highly organized individuals challenged at abstract thinking.

If you were capable of reading that exchange in context, you would understand I meanly demonstrated a mechanism by which such detentions could be accomplished. I did not say it was the best solution, and proposed what I would consider a more elegant solution. There may be more optimum variants of it, but we can leave that to the Florida (or what ever state this was in) to figure out.

The only challenge, is tryin ta fight through the wall of bullshit you posted instead of acknowledging you want American people rounded up and detained without bail, because *you're* afraid.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,900
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.