Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The economy. The longer we go, the more difficult this will be to recover from.

when people talk about their 90 year grand parents or 8o-85 year old parents …..hoping they don't die from covid 19

. just how do you want them to die?...….what can they die from that makes it acceptable?...…..reality is that its going to happen sooner or later.

bob

Exactly what I try telling my family about my almost 95 year old Grandfather. Been stuck in a wheelchair for over 2 years.

Mind sharp but legs and balance a [bleep].

He and I have had the talk many times and he is ready.

Nobody will go see him because they are scared of him getting the poon tang flu.

We have caretakers there 24 hours a day that are probably seeing other patients in their line of work but family won't go by there.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeebus.....glad there aint no world war on right now.

As a country we cant even stand a few weeks at home?

sure we can.....but there comes a point in time to get back on with it......I think more people are going to hurt by this lockdown over the long run …….than the few that are dead or dying.

I am not a heartless sob..... I am in the danger group.....its just reality...….bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The economy will recover but it could take 10 years .

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Now that everyone understands the seriousness of hygiene to prevent catching or passing the virus and social distancing from those most vulnerable, including those most vulnerable taking self responsibility to protect themselves. The extreme low risk age group of 0 to 44 need to get back to life, the low risk group of 45 to 65 need to get back if they are reasonably healthy. The high risk group of 65+ need to take personal responsibility for their own safety. Anyone at any age that may be high risk health wise should take extreme precautions including isolation.

Everyone get's it now, take all precautions of passing it on to older folks, by protecting themselves hygienically, physical distancing from older family members, Older folks must chose to isolate themselves.

At this point forward isolating all society isn't going to change the future enough to slow the deaths that will happen because of this.

Kent

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I guess lets all get back to it then?

That must mean that we need to forget about the strangle hold China has on our economy.

THAT economy?? The one China owns?? Thats the one we need to get back to right away?????

Does China import ventilators?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess lets all get back to it then?

That must mean that we need to forget about the strangle hold China has on our economy.

THAT economy?? The one China owns?? Thats the one we need to get back to right away?????

Does China import ventilators?

Guess we know why now Trump has been talking about that strangle hold SINCE THE 80s.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Kinda reminds me of when we shut down Canadian beef over the mad cow mess they were in.

The Canadians were days away from establishing a much improved packing capability.

Once the big packers down here figured that out......the science became settled and we re opened the border. No need to build packing plants there Canada....we will continue to do that for you.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
The economy will recover but it could take 10 years .

Great! Just in time for the next pandemic.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Remote isolation isn’t everyone’s steady state, neither is the live/work zoning you enjoy.

grins.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worry most abut the economy.
I get the kung fu flu and I am dead. end of story and struggles.
if I don't catch the kung fu flu the economy will have me struggling for years. been there done that. to old and tired for it.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

Last week, it was virus. Now, it’s our economy.

People all around me are losing their jobs. I feel that we are going to collapse, or at least go way down in my town. In the last 2 days, 11 people I know from five different employers are out of work.

Are things getting that bad by you?

RAS

A lot of the people I hang with are in the medical field and/or government (teachers, cops, fire, etc).

So far the cops are calling out and using flex time comp time at high rates, as no one wants to be there.

Medical are obviously working plenty too, except for PT and OT and some aids who are getting hammered since all elective surgeries are cancelled. Chiropractor taking a beating. Teachers are home teaching. Sales guy is screwed. Karate place is going to go under.

Hotel business is devastated. Pretty high management friend got laid off. It was a huge shock, as he thought he'd be re-assigned.

Aside for my elderly parents, I am far more worried about the economic implications than for the WuHuFlu.

I am half hoping for a housing crash. We are in need of more house for our home and I'd love to catch one on fire sale. Only hoping a little though, as it'd mean a lot of pain for others.

Short answer, its bad and going to really suck in 6 weeks.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kingston

Remote isolation isn’t everyone’s steady state, neither is the live/work zoning you enjoy.

grins.

That is true.

I am used to watching everything go absolutely to hell from my porch.

We call this next year country........maybe next year'll be a good un.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

grins.

That is true.

I am used to watching everything go absolutely to hell from my porch.

We call this next year country........maybe next year'll be a good un.....

you called it Jim, around here normally things would have to improve vastly just to reach what most people call normal.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 25aught6, 12344mag, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,941
Posts18,519,070
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.