Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I think the medical industry is already destroyed. Hospitals across the country have been empty for month. All electives, and by electives, I mean anything that isn’t going to kill you today, have been delayed. The floors have been emptied out and everything is ready for this rush if Covid patients.

Except the rush hasn’t materialized and even if it did, it doesn’t pay the bills. Hospitals are laying off people right and left. Another month of this and they are going to start shutting doors. And of course when that happens, they’ll need bailouts. And of course, bailouts come with strings. And presto, you’ve got socialized medicine practically overnight.

Yep, the lock down is on the verge of BK the whole healthcare system.

No healthcare = NO SOCIETY.

No revenues coming in from commerce, means no revenue to homes/healthcare, and no revenue for property taxes, means no revenue for city govt., county govt, et al.

The TeeVee has the public so freaking brainwashed, and the commercials being played: Stay home, stay alive.....unfreaking believable.

What sane person with money, do you people think is going to be willing to stand a business up after this bomb goes off with idiots in office like this, from city level, who have locked their cities down, to governors who have locked their states down, to DC?

Civil War 2.0 or Revolution. Take your pic, because I'm afraid it is coming.

People have been holding off for decades, because there was not enough pain, YET. Well, they are about to feel what real pain is, and that's when the fuse goes in the box.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Angus1895
In my experience with corona viruses in livestock it is a secondary pathogen brought on by stress. And once you alleviate the primary stressors the corona virus is not an issue.

So I stand by my Therom that this corona pathogen will learn to live with its new host over time and become a minor pathogen. But I have been wrong before......I just hope not this time.

'Stress' in humans being diabetes, COPD, old age, HIV, asthma, cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications, severe obesity, kidney or liver disease . This is the human 'herd' .

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack

These mitigations themselves are not saving lives ; instead, it is what we do with the time that gives us an opportunity to improve the outcome of the epidemic.

This. And by so doing, saving lives with better treatments that takes time to develop.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Angus1895
In my experience with corona viruses in livestock it is a secondary pathogen brought on by stress. And once you alleviate the primary stressors the corona virus is not an issue.

So I stand by my Therom that this corona pathogen will learn to live with its new host over time and become a minor pathogen. But I have been wrong before......I just hope not this time.

This virus attacks the Hemogoblin. It strips the iron off the cell, and inhibits the cells ability to transport oxygen.

The attack will cause less and less hemoglobin that can carry oxygen and carbon dioxide. The lung cells have extremely intense poisoning and inflammatory due to the inability to exchange carbon dioxide and oxygen frequently, which eventually results in ground-glass-like lung images.

Because the novel coronavirus is dependent on porphyrins, it may originate from an ancient virus.

"He is far from Stupid"

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
ElkSlayer91, do you have a medical background?

We've had some members from the medical community post about this, and we'd surely welcome the reasoned thoughts of any more such members. A long-time member who runs ER departments took the time to post his thoughts on the current status of the disease, and best courses of action moving forward. Even a member who's a veteranarian gave some useful information to combat the rumor that cats & dogs can spread Covid-19.

I'm sure the pushback you're seeing would dissipate in a flash if folks were aware of your medical background.

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 04/05/20.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why anyone doesn't have this Elkslayer loser on ignore is beyond me. His one purpose is to stir up, and keep stirring up controversy and dissent. Life's too short to have anything to do with this moron.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
What sane person with money, do you people think is going to be willing to stand a business up after this bomb goes off with idiots in office like this

I have some money, and already have a business that I have no intention of giving up due to any of this. In fact I expect I will have an opportunity to expand it once we return to relative normalcy because I am not carrying debt and many of my competitors are. They'll be gone and the field will be relatively open to people like me. We will have to adapt but anyone who can't isn't going to survive anyway.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Interesting that some who have been the most strident over the years about fighting for our rights or constantly warning us of government oppression seem to be completely in favor of what amounts to the largest government power grab in our history. Everything is out the door when you shout “virus”.

Obviously, there is a lot about this that we don’t know. There is a lot we can’t know. Anybody speaking authoritatively on this medically or in any other way right now on this is just fooling themselves if they actually believe what they are saying.

But there’d is one thing I’m sure of. I’m sure that the same idiots who were in charge before all this happened and who have consistently screwed things up over and over again, are still in charge and will continue to screw things up. And I guess you can say there are two things I’m sure of. The second is that they will never admit that they e screwed things up and they will continue to grasp for more and more power and control, regardless of its efficacy. It is instinctive to them.

So many on this board have warned us of some big event where the government would make a massive power grab time after time after time to the point of tedium over the years. Well, here it is! And some of those same people are supporting it and cheerleading it.

I honestly don’t know what is going to happen. But it doesn’t take too much intelligence to see what COULD happen and that scares me.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/05/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I totally get what you are saying kihilyjack.

We are not managing this " herd" in a economic or even a humane manner. Our " ethics" are basically playing into the hands of the virus.

I remember in porcine medicine lectures " If it does not make economic sense.....it doesn't make any sense."

We are not managing this herd using much sense at all.

I don't even know where to start arm chair quarterbacking this deal.....it is surreal.

If I pulled up onto a farm with a wreck of this magnitude.............I might not get outta the truck.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by luv2safari
This video should explain to anyone that China made it.

youtube]https://youtu.be/NRzddVgSyho

Either your title is complete sarcasm, or you did not watch the video through.

Because the author states the exact opposite of your contention.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx

If it had been an accidental mutation, they would have quickly let the world in on their sectet.

Elementary.

I disagree. It makes China look like they're still a backward third-world country, eating bats and such. Huge embarrassment for them.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Another couple months of this, you won’t have to worry about ERs being overwhelmed. The doors will be shut. You won’t have to worry about if you should break quarantine to go to Wal-Mart because the credit card companies will have turned off the cards when they don’t get their payments. The restaurants still doing takeout will be closed.

We’ve never done anything like this. And I guess we can do it for a few weeks or a month, after that? Without massive government intervention to the point of nationalizing things like medicine and food production and distribution, I don’t see how we keep it up.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Here’s your government getting caught lying to the public.

In a scathing analysis published March 29 on Medium, “A Call to Honesty in Pandemic Modeling,” Pegden and Chikina assert that many of the popular models being cited by national media and President Trump are misleading. Pegden is an associate professor of mathematics at Carnegie Mellon University and Chikina is an assistant professor of molecular biology at the University of Pittsburgh; they are a married couple.

“The idea that normal life can resume in two to three months without having a huge wave in infections — there is just no science behind that,” Pegden said in a Tribune-Review interview.

https://triblive.com/local/pittsbur...irus-modeling-predict-more-grim-outlook/

Hey Jag, how about coming back and explaining to me how a lockdown, that Does NOT get the virus below R(0) <1.0, will accomplish anything and keep it from coming right back, and continuing to climb until the population reaches 70% seroconvert.

Oh, and guess what else ole Mr. Fakeci and Firx did, they cut off the right side of the chart (curve graph) after the lockdown is lifted, and so do others on the internet, to hide the fact the virus would simply rebound back to where it was, and continue upward.

I wonder why they hid that FACT….maybe so they could create a second deadlier wave to feed more live bodies to the Criminal Industrial-Medical Complex, so they can throw them on a vent (80% DIE) for $100K+ billings.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another couple months of this, you won’t have to worry about ERs being overwhelmed. The doors will be shut. You won’t have to worry about if you should break quarantine to go to Wal-Mart because the credit card companies will have turned off the cards when they don’t get their payments. The restaurants still doing takeout will be closed.

We’ve never done anything like this. And I guess we can do it for a few weeks or a month, after that? Without massive government intervention to the point of nationalizing things like medicine and food production and distribution, I don’t see how we keep it up.

JoeBob,
Thanks for your post, you are saying what I am thinking and obviously doing a better job of it than me.....

I have been lumped in with Elkslayer and Fubarski over this... frown

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by irfubar

JoeBob,
Thanks for your post, you are saying what I am thinking and obviously doing a better job of it than me.....

I have been lumped in with Elkslayer and Fubarski over this... frown

Threesomes are so 90s.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image hosting sites[/img]

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn you Kroo88, this is no laughing matter.... LMAO smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Interesting points elk makes. Nobody talking about them either.

I did back in the thread 2 days ago. This scenario is possible. Elkslayer has good points on this. Fauci was questioned about the second spike yesterday and all of a sudden he says now you can't always rely on the models. Been touting his models until then.

What is a greater worry to you? CV-19 or Economy? [Re: RAS]#1473784404/03/20
Online Content
Kyhilljack
Campfire Regular

North central southern region
What is a greater worry to you? CV-19 or Economy?
Cv-19 is my main concern. Because it, or more precisely the temporary measures to contain it, being forced upon society will do great damage to the economy.
The duration of the containment efforts does not matter, if transmission rates return to normal when they end, and mortality rates have not improved. This is simply because as long as a large majority of the population remains uninfected, lifting containment measures will lead to an epidemic almost as large as would happen without having mitigations in place at all. Basically the virus needs to 'wash over' the populace. Then antigens will be formed in most. By implementing social distancing and self-quarantine they are not allowing this to happen. When you lift these measures you are going to see a natural spike in infections again and the same amount of people that will die will equal the the number of people that would have died with no mitigations in place. The one thing the mitigations does is buy you some time to possibly upgrade the hospital capabilities.
These mitigations themselves are not saving lives ; instead, it is what we do with the time that gives us an opportunity to improve the outcome of the epidemic.

If Fauci had his way, we'd be total lockdown for 2 years.

As Tucker stated in one of his segments the other night, Fauci is in no danger of losing HIS job.

Advisors are, by their very name, there to advise. NOT to set policy.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
I'm sure the pushback you're seeing would dissipate in a flash if folks were aware of your medical background.
FC

Here, how's this? This ought to keep the trolls talking for months, being these closet democrat fake conservatives on here hate Christians:

I AM the Messiah.

These people trolling me here, I want them to keep trolling me, because I know there are some great intelligent Americans on this site, and I want these trolls to continue to make complete asinine statements, and completely humiliate themselves, so all the intelligent people here can have some great laughs, because you all damn well know, there are many on the internet who just read and never post, and you can bet your last dollar, many are laughing at these fools.

Every single post I make on the internet is 100% truthful and supported with hard evidence when needed, and I 100% know intelligent people here recognize it as such, understand it, and know the level I write at is not from a troll in a basement, especially when I step it up a few notches to write serious on certain topics, regardless of what a troll states.

I'm not getting paid here for work, so these idiot trolls, and the laughter they bring to you guys and me is well enjoyed, almost as good as watching Red Skeleton or Johnny back in the day......har....har.....har.

By the way, I posted on lung capacity on docs thread, page 7. Funny how these hypocrite trolls don't have the balls to troll me on doc's thread, but they trash everyone else's threads. That tells you all you need to know about these LOW I.Q. idiots.

Just look at this clown JGRaider, yapping about, "Why anyone doesn't have this Elkslayer loser on ignore is beyond me" when he obviously does not. Now, is that not making a complete fool out of yourself or what. See the laughter I bring for you guys to enjoy? har....har.....har.

JGR accuses me of "stirring up controversy" when I've been writing good info in this thread. Yep, that's straight out of COMMIE Saul Alinsky's book, for everyone to see...."lie and keep repeating the lie until the lie becomes the truth", and JGRaider's lies are as big as the deserts of West TEXAS. I guess he's one of those ole blue dog democrats who hasn't figured out the democrat party is the communist party.

I give his post a 89 I.Q. rating.

Make that 85.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yep Fauci wants the whole country shut down until the virus totally gone..........It ain't gonna happen
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...d-to-the-clinton-foundation-in-ethiopia/

Last edited by baldhunter; 04/05/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
FC

Here, how's this? This ought to keep the trolls talking for months, being these closet democrat fake conservatives on here hate Christians:

I AM the Messiah.

These people trolling me here, I want them to keep trolling me, because I know there are some great intelligent Americans on this site, and I want these trolls to continue to make complete asinine statements, and completely humiliate themselves, so all the intelligent people here can have some great laughs, because you all damn well know, there are many on the internet who just read and never post, and you can bet your last dollar, many are laughing at these fools.

Every single post I make on the internet is 100% truthful and supported with hard evidence when needed, and I 100% know intelligent people here recognize it as such, understand it, and know the level I write at is not from a troll in a basement, especially when I step it up a few notches to write serious on certain topics, regardless of what a troll states.

I'm not getting paid here for work, so these idiot trolls, and the laughter they bring to you guys and me is well enjoyed, almost as good as watching Red Skeleton or Johnny back in the day......har....har.....har.

By the way, I posted on lung capacity on docs thread, page 7. Funny how these hypocrite trolls don't have the balls to troll me on doc's thread, but they trash everyone else's threads. That tells you all you need to know about these LOW I.Q. idiots.

Just look at this clown JGRaider, yapping about, "Why anyone doesn't have this Elkslayer loser on ignore is beyond me" when he obviously does not. Now, is that not making a complete fool out of yourself or what. See the laughter I bring for you guys to enjoy? har....har.....har.

JGR accuses me of "stirring up controversy" when I've been writing good info in this thread. Yep, that's straight out of COMMIE Saul Alinsky's book, for everyone to see...."lie and keep repeating the lie until the lie becomes the truth", and JGRaider's lies are as big as the deserts of West TEXAS. I guess he's one of those ole blue dog democrats who hasn't figured out the democrat party is the communist party.

I give his post a 89 I.Q. rating.

Make that 85.

You make a lot more grammatical errors than the Messiah will.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 160user, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,835
Posts18,478,075
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.