Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have great disdain for most all tv preachers. I don’t like Copeland but in all honesty he said to tithe YOUR church not his.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
. . . I dont know this Copeland guy.....but he never said send the money to him.....did he?

grin

Got to get out more Jimbo!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Matthew 7:15
New International Version
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
. . . I dont know this Copeland guy.....but he never said send the money to him.....did he?

grin

That could be!

All I watch is cartoons.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Deans
Now the only television preacher I watch with any consistency is
Dr Charles Stanley.

Very good choice. You’d really like David Jeremiah then.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

grin

That could be!

All I watch is cartoons.

LOL!!

You're better off.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I got in a bit of a controversy at a business meeting of the Southern Baptist Church I attend when I took issue with the preacher about his previous Sunday sermon exhorting the members to tithe and he tied it to all income, gross income at that. He used the book of Malachi quoting "will a man rob God". I told him that tithing was strictly tied to the produce of the land to support the Levite priesthood. The Levites ran the whole country and did not receive an inheritance as did the other 12 tribes. I pointed out that wages were not tithed, neither fishing or mining. Also I pointed out that Malachi was accusing the priests of robbing, not the ones who tithed and gave offerings. I told him there were poor people in the congregation that did good to give $5 and that was more than me giving $1000. I pointed out that we had a man sitting in there with total kidney failure struggling to get by on well earned SS disability. He wouldn't back down and waved his bible at me saying he wouldn't apologize for preaching God's word. I told him he needed to read it first and that if wanted a tithe from me he had best be building some corrals. Darned if another retired preacher in the congregation didn't fall in and tell me that Abraham had tithed pre covenant. I said that's right he gave Sodom's goods in tithe not his own money and then returned the 90% back over to Sodom along with the captives. Anyway there hasn't been another sermon on tithing.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
I got in a bit of a controversy at a business meeting of the Southern Baptist Church I attend when I took issue with the preacher about his previous Sunday sermon exhorting the members to tithe and he tied it to all income, gross income at that. He used the book of Malachi quoting "will a man rob God". I told him that tithing was strictly tied to the produce of the land to support the Levite priesthood. The Levites ran the whole country and did not receive an inheritance as did the other 12 tribes. I pointed out that wages were not tithed, neither fishing or mining. Also I pointed out that Malachi was accusing the priests of robbing, not the ones who tithed and gave offerings. I told him there were poor people in the congregation that did good to give $5 and that was more than me giving $1000. I pointed out that we had a man sitting in there with total kidney failure struggling to get by on well earned SS disability. He wouldn't back down and waved his bible at me saying he wouldn't apologize for preaching God's word. I told him he needed to read it first and that if wanted a tithe from me he had best be building some corrals. Darned if another retired preacher in the congregation didn't fall in and tell me that Abraham had tithed pre covenant. I said that's right he gave Sodom's goods in tithe not his own money and then returned the 90% back over to Sodom along with the captives. Anyway there hasn't been another sermon on tithing.

Good for you!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BLG
I don’t like Copeland but in all honesty he said to tithe YOUR church not his.

He is right to encourage folks to support their own church. All churches require continued financial support from the congregation.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
if anyone listens to or sends money to that snake then they deserve what they get. you would have to be the most gullible dumbass on the planet to listen to him.

goes for most of the mega preachers, but him especially. that dude is evil itself.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=johnn]They shoud be taxed..[/quote

But isn't the money they are sending already taxed by the Gov't.?

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is another thread going "what is dumber than a democrat"
The answer seems pretty clear

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The opium of the unwashed..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northcountry

Maybe misunderstanding each other.. I am saying churches should be paying taxes.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by northcountry

Not necessarily:

When you prepare your federal tax return, the IRS allows you to deduct the donations you make to churches. ... As long as you itemize your deductions, you can generally claim 100 percent of your church donations as a deduction.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tip...can-be-taken-off-federal-taxes/L1BjLBc7t

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[Linked Image from peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com]

Her head looks like a really bad Photoshop job.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image from photos1.blogger.com]

I am MAGA.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by antlers
He’s an evil bastard.

Yep.

Using his actions as justification for rejection of Christ is like using Mit Romney as the reason you’re not Conservative.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i have faith but don't attend any church, saw to many hypocrites there when i was young and did go.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.