Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Bible is pretty specific as to tithing, and nearly everybody misinterprets it. It says very plainly, every tenth part of your increase. How you define your increase is the kicker. Pre tax income is no way an increase.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
He’s an evil bastard.

I’ll take your words as fact. A good man can easily see evil.

I would also propose that in the event of a complete meltdown of society where horrendous acts of violence are being committed. Someone in his locale, please put a round through his face.

Call it a tithe of justice for all those he’s milked of limited cash through fear and guilt.

Bonus tithes if you smoke his bitch wife too.

PS,
Antlers, apologies for the aggressive words under your name. I hate these types of individuals.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Don’t judge God in His Heavens by those who claim to know Him and speak for Him when their actions are distasteful, disgusting, insensitive and what ever else they may. That’s nothing new. Hearts are out of bounds, but we certainly can judge words and actions and even intent. Those have nothing to do with who God is.

He isn’t responsible for the little gold-diggers that swirl around His feet. People always want to decry God because the people associated with Him — those that steal, lie, commit adultery, but It’s small thinking as we have no reference other then the scriptures for who and what God is, and that is incomprehensible.

Christ came to save the world, those who would believe and obey. The next stop, He comes as the Lion of Judah and as a judge and you can believe ever injustice, seen or not seen, great or small of every age, will be laid bare.

Every knee will confess; every knee will bow and there will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth. It will not be as the mild-mannered Christ of some two thousand years ago. It will be the end.

No, the opiate of the people which Marx, would gladly, share about if he could, is the lulling one’s mind into an attitude of indifference or rejection, and self-service, rejecting the gift of eternal life. This week is about what Christ did to purchase that very expensive gift for us — that payment for our sins. It’s free to us. You reject it and you pay.

Go to Christ now.

All of this was fulfilled in AD 70 when Jesus came in the clouds of judgment on the unbelieving and unrepentant Jews, and physically destroyed the city of Jerusalem, the temple, Levitical priesthood, and every physical vestige of the Mosaic economy. It was necessary to fully establish his kingdom, and his reign which shall never end.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
He’s an evil bastard.
Iwould also propose that in the event of a complete meltdown of society where horrendous acts of violence are being committed. Someone in his locale, please put a round through his face.
Call it a tithe of justice for all those he’s milked of limited cash through fear and guilt.
PS,
Antlers, apologies for the aggressive words under your name. I hate these types of individuals.
😎
👊🏻 You’re a good dude.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He’s an evil bastard.
Iwould also propose that in the event of a complete meltdown of society where horrendous acts of violence are being committed. Someone in his locale, please put a round through his face.
PS,
😎
👊🏻 You’re a good dude.

Back at you...👍🏻😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wouldn't give you a dirty dime for the whole lot of those television evangelists.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I wouldn't give you a dirty dime for the whole lot of those television evangelists.

LD, there’s several, maybe more, that minister honestly to the flock. For shut in folks they’re a blessing. I’ve named 4 that put Him first and I’ve yet to see deviations from them.

Then there’s those that you speak of. They’ll get their due just as we will.

Jmo, LD.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bobski
big mistake the world makes is to think 10% belongs to GOD.
wrong..................its all his. he just wants to see if you can handle giving back 10% of it. which seems to be too much for most.
but not for a new fishing boat, ammo, guns, hunting, or vacations.

ponder this.GODS hard drive never erases.
so weigh the words youre about to type very carefully.

Hell yes...

I adopted this long ago. I give 100% of everything I have to God...and more...!

That way I figger I'm 10 times better than everyone else.

Anyway...it's all here waiting for God to come on down and claim it...

As to which God...well...that's WAY above my pay grade...

I figger let all the big azz wholes work it out amongst themselves who gets what and then I'll only have to deal with the winner.

Takes the pressure off me...it's survival of the fittest..."...as it is on Earth so shall it be in Heaven...!"

I'm prayin' I can hang on to my TP stash though...

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Originally Posted by bobski
wrong..................its all his. he just wants to see if you can handle giving back 10% of it. which seems to be too much for most.

so weigh the words youre about to type very carefully.

Hell yes...

I adopted this long ago. I give 100% of everything I have to God...and more...!

That way I figger I'm 10 times better than everyone else.

Anyway...it's all here waiting for God to come on down and claim it...

As to which God...well...that's WAY above my pay grade...

I figger all let those big azz wholes work it out amongst themselves who gets what, and then I'll only have to deal with the winner.

Survival of the fittest..."...as it is on Earth so shall it be in Heaven...!"

I'm going to pray to see if I can to hang onto my TP stash though...

Put another way,,,you ain’t taking anything with you when you leave here.

He will be down soon enough to claim what’s His.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Don’t judge God in His Heavens by those who claim to know Him and speak for Him when their actions are distasteful, disgusting, insensitive and what ever else they may. That’s nothing new. Hearts are out of bounds, but we certainly can judge words and actions and even intent. Those have nothing to do with who God is.

He isn’t responsible for the little gold-diggers that swirl around His feet. People always want to decry God because the people associated with Him — those that steal, lie, commit adultery, but It’s small thinking as we have no reference other then the scriptures for who and what God is, and that is incomprehensible.

Christ came to save the world, those who would believe and obey. The next stop, He comes as the Lion of Judah and as a judge and you can believe ever injustice, seen or not seen, great or small of every age, will be laid bare.

Every knee will confess; every knee will bow and there will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth. It will not be as the mild-mannered Christ of some two thousand years ago. It will be the end.

No, the opiate of the people which Marx, would gladly, share about if he could, is the lulling one’s mind into an attitude of indifference or rejection, and self-service, rejecting the gift of eternal life. This week is about what Christ did to purchase that very expensive gift for us — that payment for our sins. It’s free to us. You reject it and you pay.

Go to Christ now.

Amen George. We done.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Go to Christ now.

Amen George. We done.

Yes sir!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

LD, there’s several, maybe more, that minister honestly to the flock. For shut in folks they’re a blessing. I’ve named 4 that put Him first and I’ve yet to see deviations from them.

Jmo, LD.

Old_Toot, Maybe you're right and there are some that actually help the shut-ins. I don't know. I don't watch any of them. My folks used to be pretty fond of Billy Graham, though.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Jmo, LD.

Old_Toot, Maybe you're right and there are some that actually help the shut-ins. I don't know. I don't watch any of them. My folks used to be pretty fond of Billy Graham, though.

Give D. James Kennedy Ministries a listen. The program takes some of his sermons given back in the 1980s. They were prophetic for today’s world here in the USA. It’d be worth your while, I think.

He ties government largess to exactly what’s now happened and continues to deepen. The staff are all well educated and well spoken.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Go to Christ now.

All of this was fulfilled in AD 70 when Jesus came in the clouds of judgment on the unbelieving and unrepentant Jews, and physically destroyed the city of Jerusalem, the temple, Levitical priesthood, and every physical vestige of the Mosaic economy. It was necessary to fully establish his kingdom, and his reign which shall never end.

Well, I have to say, that's a creative interpretation of the prophesy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Go to Christ now.

Amen George. We done.

Yes sir!

Can't find a fault in that, anywhere. Well said, Mr. DeVries.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=bobski]you pay grocery stores to feed you dont you?

ever think what these preachers do in a course of a day to feed and help the needy?
where do you think it comes from?

you can bend the word any way you want....but GOD keeps tabs on the books. let him.
you just do what is commanded of you.

so weigh the words youre about to type very carefully.[/quote
]

Funny, then this whole forgiveness thing must be a lot of horse manure, right? God doesn’t forget? Most of us don’t forget the serious slights and wronging done to us either. But, we’re taught to forgive.

Apparently, based on your thoughts, God holds a pretty big grudge....Well, cool, then he and I will get along just fine.

😎

“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[quote=bobski]you pay grocery stores to feed you dont you?

ever think what these preachers do in a course of a day to feed and help the needy?
where do you think it comes from?

you can bend the word any way you want....but GOD keeps tabs on the books. let him.
you just do what is commanded of you.

so weigh the words youre about to type very carefully.[/quote
]

Funny, then this whole forgiveness thing must be a lot of horse manure, right. God doesn’t forget? Most of us don’t forget the serious slights and wronging done to us either. But, we’re taught to forgive.

Apparently, based on your thoughts, God holds a pretty big grudge....Well, cool, then he and I will get along just fine.

😎

No grudges. Just a tally book.

The wrongs can be erased.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our small church has to be hurting, we need to mail a check. The bills go on.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not that I believe in tithing, which I don't, I just make an observation. If you are not working then you are not making money. Tithe on what? 10% of zero is zero.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Not that I believe in tithing, which I don't, I just make an observation. If you are not working then you are not making money. Tithe on what? 10% of zero is zero.

If you’re not working you can give of your time and your talents. There’s always work needing to be done.

Not preaching here. Don’t take it that way.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.