Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
I had my suspicions, but figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.FC

Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Even a member who's a veteranarian gave some useful information to combat the rumor that cats & dogs can spread Covid-19.FC

Like I keep saying, I only post facts, and back the FACTS up when needed. Play with the cats or keep them in your house. It is only your life / your spouses life / your child's life you are risking. I'll follow the proven results from a controlled lab experiment, instead of someone's opinion online. Hopefully the below cures your "suspicions".

Cats and dogs are in close contact with humans, and therefore it is important to understand their susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 for COVID-19 control. We first investigated the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cats. Five 8-month-old outbred domestic cats (referred to here as “subadult cats”) were intranasally inoculated with 105 pfu of CTan-H. Two of the subadult cats were scheduled to be euthanized on day 6 p.i. to evaluate viral replication in their organs. Three subadult cats were placed in separate cages within an isolator. To monitor respiratory droplet transmission, an uninfected cat was placed in a cage adjacent to each of the infected cats. It was difficult to perform regular nasal wash collection on the subadult cats because they were aggressive. To avoid possible injury, we only collected feces from these cats and checked for viral RNA in their organs after euthanasia.

From the two subadult cats that were euthanized on day 6 p.i. with CTan-H, viral RNA was detected in the nasal turbinates, soft palates, and tonsils of both animals, in the trachea of one animal, and in the small intestine of the other; however, viral RNA was not detected in any of the lung samples from either of these animals (Fig. 2A). Infectious virus was detected in the viral RNA-positive nasal turbinates, soft palates, tonsils, and trachea of these cats, but was not recovered from the viral RNApositive small intestine (Fig. 2B).

In the transmission study, viral RNA was detected in the feces of two virus-inoculated subadult cats on day 3 p.i., and in all three virus-inoculated subadult cats on day 5 p.i. (Fig. 3A). Viral RNA was detected in the feces of one exposed cat on day 3 p.i. (Fig. 3A). The subadult cats with viral RNA-positive feces were euthanized on day 11 p.i., and viral RNA was detected in the soft palate and tonsils of the virusinoculated animal and in the nasal turbinate, soft palate, tonsils, and trachea of the exposed animal (Fig. 3B), indicating that respiratory droplet transmission had occurred in this pair of cats. We euthanized the other pairs of animals on day 12 p.i., and viral RNA was detected in the tonsils of one virus-inoculated subadult cat, in the nasal turbinate, soft palate, tonsils, and trachea of the other virus-inoculated author/funder. It is made available under a CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 International license. bioRxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.30.015347. The copyright holder for this preprint (which was not peer-reviewed) is the 6 subadult cat, but was not detected in any organs or tissues of the two exposed subadult cats (Fig. 3B). Antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 were detected in all three virus-inoculated subadult cats and one exposed cat by use of an ELISA and neutralization assay (Fig. 3C, D).

We replicated the replication and transmission studies in juvenile cats (aged 70–100 days) (Fig. 2CF and Fig. 3E-G). Histopathologic studies performed on samples from the virus-inoculated juvenile cats that died or euthanized on day 3 p.i. revealed massive lesions in the nasal and tracheal mucosa epitheliums, and lungs of both cats (fig. S5). These results indicate that SARS-CoV-2 can replicate efficiently in cats, with younger cats being more permissive and, perhaps more importantly, the virus can transmit between cats via respiratory droplets.

In summary, we found that ferrets and cats are highly susceptible to SARS-CoV-2, dogs have low susceptibility, and livestock including pigs, chickens, and ducks are not susceptible to the virus.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.015347v1.full.pdf

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Turning off the economy is kind of like turning off a jet engine mid air. If you try to restart immediately while you still have a lot of airspeed and air flowing over the turbine blades, it should start right back up with no problem. If you wait until you’ve lost a lot of altitude and you are just above stall speed, it’s a hell of a lot dicier proposition.
So does this mean you no longer support President Trump and the path he has laid out?

I want the economy back on. But there isn’t anybody who would be doing better than Trump. Hillary would have us in martial law.
Unless you want to get into conspiracies, the President more than anybody else, is responsible for shutting down the US economy. So if you're criticizing that decision, you're criticizing Trump.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by jaguartx
People dont stop to think. Only if the virus was a biological weapon, was there advantage in covering it up and letting tens of thousands of carriers travel the world.

If it had been an accidental mutation, they would have quickly let the world in on their sectet.

Elementary.

Truth to that to a point. Having product made over there and dealing with those folks directly on a regular basis I think it's more that they are scared for their lives period. Anything that goes wrong or offends over there can get you and a whole lot of other people killed, even if your a public figure billionaire.
Osky

Yep, you don't want to make The Party look bad in front of the populace. Good way to wind up in prison, or sentenced to execution.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by jaguartx
People dont stop to think. Only if the virus was a biological weapon, was there advantage in covering it up and letting tens of thousands of carriers travel the world.

If it had been an accidental mutation, they would have quickly let the world in on their sectet.

Elementary.

Truth to that to a point. Having product made over there and dealing with those folks directly on a regular basis I think it's more that they are scared for their lives period. Anything that goes wrong or offends over there can get you and a whole lot of other people killed, even if your a public figure billionaire.
Osky

Yep, you don't want to make The Party look bad in front of the populace. Good way to wind up in prison, or sentenced to execution.

And have your family get a bill in the mail for the bullet they used

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
They been making vaccines for the virus in livestock for years, go check it out

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I use to work with chemical and bio weapons for the government 20 years ago. This seems to be man made , its been timed

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Turning off the economy is kind of like turning off a jet engine mid air. If you try to restart immediately while you still have a lot of airspeed and air flowing over the turbine blades, it should start right back up with no problem. If you wait until you’ve lost a lot of altitude and you are just above stall speed, it’s a hell of a lot dicier proposition.
So does this mean you no longer support President Trump and the path he has laid out?

I want the economy back on. But there isn’t anybody who would be doing better than Trump. Hillary would have us in martial law.
Unless you want to get into conspiracies, the President more than anybody else, is responsible for shutting down the US economy. So if you're criticizing that decision, you're criticizing Trump.

He’s not perfect. As such, he doesn’t always agree with me.

But actually, in point of fact, the feds haven’t really shut down anything. It’s all state governments and private companies. Sure, I’m sure that if he said to open it up tomorrow, lots of places would, but there is no federal lockdown order.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/05/20.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Dayom, L2S, you're becoming a regular old conspiracy theorist. Forget your brain. Listen to the MSM. Be happy. whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/05/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At my age and from my experience, human greed and stupidity explains it.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

333 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 42 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,571
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.