Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wanted to give a shout out to Costa Del Mar, been wearing a pair of the Fisch FS 10 with the 580 glass lens and they are incredible sunglasses. I broke the left arm on them this past weekend so I was looking at getting it replaced with a new one, figured i'd pay whatever to get it fixed since I've had them for well over 6 years now and they did replace the lens' a few years ago for $80. Filled out the form online and submitted it for repair, got a reply back this morning from them and they are sending me a new pair on their dime. I didn't have the receipt or even know the purchase date but they didn't even ask for it after I submitted my repair order.

Just wanted to share that and if you're looking for some good glass, give Costa Del Mar some consideration as they are worth every penny.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good to know.

Retired cat herder.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nice. I have a pair to send in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right there son, it’s a world that only a few of us share.

580 glass

[url=https://postimg.cc/4YHDZXzW][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i've sent a few back for repairs, have two of the high ends ones i broke the lens in, i'm fixing to send them to get fixed..

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
have their number saved on my ph. i'm hard on sunglasses.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The last pair I had went overboard when I went to harpoon a halibut, I had a “glasses keeper” hooked to them but unbeknownst to me one side came undone 😁

Every expensive pair of sunglasses I have owned get lost overboard or some other calamity strikes that separates me from my stylish sunglasses. Every cheap pair I own never gets lost. I could go out to the trucks and find at least 3 old pairs in the consoles, some are 15 years old or better.

If I do break down and get another good pair I’ll keep in mind that Costa Del Mar stands behind their products and has excellent customer service. 👍

Thanks for the heads up.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i've sent a few back for repairs, have two of the high ends ones i broke the lens in, i'm fixing to send them to get fixed..
Let us know how it goes Roger.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
they have always been good, getting them back to me quick looking like new. alot cheaper than paying 280 for a pair. my eye dr buddy use to order them for me at cost which was 120.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Love my CDM's. Is there a better warranty out there?

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I wear Costa sunglasses and have a few different pairs depending on what I'm doing or fishing for. Costa frames are guaranteed forever, free replacement. And most of the time the lenses are warranted unless they break or are scratch up bad. If you have Costa sunglasses call them and see what they can do to help you out. Their customer service is second to none.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And tell them slumlord said to send you some Costa stickers for your Yeti

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like almost taking unfair advantage of the fish with those 580G's on. Way too many different models though to try to buy online. I thought I wanted a Blackfin or Cape or Fisch or Tuna Alley. Nope the Permit with the copper lens was the be all end all. The blue mirror is all the rage right now, but they were designed for open ocean and offshore fishing. I was going to do a road trip to Daytona where they make them, but they don't even have a customer showroom factory outlet. Bass Pro in Orlando had a great selection of different styles, just not the frame and lens color that I wanted all in one package. They did have a shallow pool out front that helped me narrow down the copper lenses over the copper silver mirror for fresh water. Then an order from the factory gets it done. Reading online I have read that their repair service is kind of costly, but that doesn't seem to jive with the OP.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've got a few pairs of the 580G Costas, other than being a little heavier than most shades, they are all awesome. The only thing I found that are as clear, if not clearer are Maui Jim

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
just got offline with them sending my hammerheads and permits in for new lenses.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Have any of you Costa owners had issues with the synthetic rubber on the frames coming off? Seems to be an ongoing issues. I plan to get a pair in a few months, and the issue I mentioned is one that keeps coming up in their reviews.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
yes on my permits that i'm sending in, they will take care of that.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Wanted to give a shout out to Costa Del Mar, been wearing a pair of the Fisch FS 10 with the 580 glass lens and they are incredible sunglasses. I broke the left arm on them this past weekend so I was looking at getting it replaced with a new one, figured i'd pay whatever to get it fixed since I've had them for well over 6 years now and they did replace the lens' a few years ago for $80. Filled out the form online and submitted it for repair, got a reply back this morning from them and they are sending me a new pair on their dime. I didn't have the receipt or even know the purchase date but they didn't even ask for it after I submitted my repair order.

Just wanted to share that and if you're looking for some good glass, give Costa Del Mar some consideration as they are worth every penny.

Yep! Costas are awesome, and their customer service is second to none. Got a par of harpoons and a pair of brines

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logger
Have any of you Costa owners had issues with the synthetic rubber on the frames coming off? Seems to be an ongoing issues. I plan to get a pair in a few months, and the issue I mentioned is one that keeps coming up in their reviews.
That's where mine broke but the rubber was intact, it was the thin nylon frame piece that broke right where the bend starts on the left arm. Been wearing these for over 6 years and have had no issue with the rubber framed Fisch FS 10's.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Have owned nothing but Costa’s for the last 15 years. 580 glass and customer service is phenomenal. Hopefully I never have to look anywhere else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.