Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I just bought Varget and Big Game from Powder Valley.

DF

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Morning Dirtfarmer !

Have their prices always been $20 hazmat + $10 shipping ?

Looked at Varget last night $56 and change for 1 lb. of varget , they showed having 2 left last night .

Last edited by ol_mike; 04/08/20.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You gotta get enough to prorate the haz mat and shipping.

I got 3#'s of Varget, 2#'s of Big Game. I always wanted to try Vv 24N41 in my 26 Nosler, but never got any. They had it in stock, so I picked up a pound.

For the six pounds, the haz mat wasn't as bad, although not cheap.

IME, you strike while the iron is hot.

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
10fo , i didn't need anything really bad so just added one can to the cart and was surprised at the price .

Bought some cci 450 primers couple weeks ago @ midsouth - $14 hazmat fee should have topped off then - you're right when paying hazmat load the cart .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me and limited loading experience. The Big game over varget any day. I think you’ll like it.
I got lucky and local sporting good store had primers, cheaper than MidwayUSA has them and no hazmat or shipping. Guy let me buy 2 boxes (1000s) of larger rifle of and I picked up box of small rifle as well just in case. CCI for 34.99.

Last edited by Dre; 04/08/20.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Well, they're a bit different, in different burn rate classes. It's hard to compare them against each other.

Varget is quite temp stable, one of the Australian Extreme series. In its burn range it's very consistent, a fav of many target shooters. It burns clean, usually with low SD and ES values, can produce stellar accuracy.

Big Game is a great powder, a bit slower than Varget. It meters smoothly and consistently out of a powder measure, is fairly temp stable, really performs well in a number of mid sized rounds. Do a Fire search for Pharmseller, check out his 7-08 groups and portfolio of dead critters. It works for him...

I like and use both powders. When I made the order, I had both on the shelf, really didn't need either. The way to not get in a bind is to buy when you don't need it, when it's available.

Other powders like RL-26, MRP, H-4350, etc. I pick up in 8# jugs when I can. When no one seems to be able to find RL-26, I reach for my big jug. The game is to anticipate and stay ahead.

DF.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
^like^
I followed some of pharms 7-08 ventures since iFish... before we both got kicked off! Lol.
I use big game in 6.5, 06 and tried in 9.3 but need some 286s vs 250 accu bonds. Tried the varget in 9.3 and hate how it meters compared to the western powders (enforcer, tac, Hunter , big game )

Last edited by Dre; 04/08/20.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
How did you two model citizens manage to get kicked off that site?

Gotta be a good story.

DF

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I really like both powders. Outta my 7-08 with Varget and 42.5 grs and 140 gr Sierra GK's accuracy is stellar. Take that same 7-08 and 46.5 grs of Big Gam and 150 gr NBT's accuracy is still stellar. Ive got many pounds of of both.

I got caught in the last component shortage with precious little put back. I vowed to not ever let it happen again. As soon as components became more plentiful I started buying. Ive got thousands and thousands of primers, many, many pounds of powder and hundreds and hundreds of bullets for my rifles.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Gotta be a good story.

DF

Lol. I am a model citizen!!
I wish it was more exciting but in a nut shell , my violation is talking back to the moderator.
Moderator started a new thread and asked for suggestions to make the site better.
Me: you guys are way too up tight, editing posts or warning happy.
Mod: deleted my post.
Me: wtf?! You ask for suggestion and then you delete it? That’s what I’m talking about.
PM: something along the lines - you have too many violations and account is permanently closed.
I THINK pharms is similar as he argued with the Mod.

Last edited by Dre; 04/11/20.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dre

Gotta be a good story.

DF

I wish it was more exciting but in a nut shell , my violation is talking back to the moderator.
Moderator started a new thread and asked for suggestions to make the site better.
Me: wtf?! You ask for suggestion and then you delete it? That’s what I’m talking about.
PM: something along the lines - you have too many violations and account is permanently closed.

Can’t see either of you guys giving him a hard time.

“ If ya can’t stand the answer, don’t ask the question”.

That guy ain’t tough enough to be a Fire contributor.

This bunch would tar and feather him.

DF

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dre

Gotta be a good story.

DF

Can’t see either of you guys giving him a hard time.

“ If ya can’t stand the answer, don’t ask the question”.

That guy ain’t tough enough to be a Fire contributor.

This bunch would tar and feather him.

DF

iFish mods are the biggest bunch of pu*sies Out of any forum I have ever been on.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Never went there.

From what you guys say, I’m not interested

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
'''iFish mods are the biggest bunch of pu*sies Out of any forum I have ever been on.'''

Sounds like pensacola fishing forum = pathetic !

One of the moderators comes here [Fire] to sell stuff , .

A group of people started their own website and MANY of the PFF left there for keeps .

Some guy in the navy at NAS asked if anybody believed the the story of how the Fed was implemented - he was thrown off the site because that topic had caused trouble there before . Trouble for them PFF means someone told the truth .
I said all he did was ask if people believed that - and i was GONE. PURE bunch of little twat dweebs moderate that site .
I sock puppeted them a couple of times

Posted by Bristoe
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lol.
I will say, sometimes I do wish mods got involved with some individuals on here. One in particular lol
Anyways
Back to reloading

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dre
Lol.
I will say, sometimes I do wish mods got involved with some individuals on here. One in particular lol
Anyways
Back to reloading

Second the motion.

N
ned Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Dre
Lol.
Anyways
Back to reloading

Like all the ones I've had to block!

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 23 invisible), 1,850 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,837
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.