Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Baffles my mind that places like Japan, Australia, and Thailand got it early, but the outbreaks were minor. Then places Italy,Spain, NY get hammered. It just make sense with the current narrative. Why was Seattle able to contain it better than NY. The only thing that makes sense is different strains, one weaker, one stronger or it's temp sensitive.

Or it could be due to pols like De Blasio urging citizens to attend public functions and the theaters. Or the mayor of Florence Italy urging Italians to hug the Chinese to prove they weren't racist.

There is a bug out there that has very similar symptoms to Covid 19. My wife has it now, and was tested on Tuesday and placed on quarantine by the Covid 19 response team and the county health authorities.
She is still ill, but got results of her final test back today. Negative on Covid 19. They also tested her for Influenza A&B and she got negative results for those the same day as the test.

I don't think it's any great mystery. There's always some minor bug out there that has symptoms similar to the real bad actors. And even a relatively minor bug can take you out if you have medical/immunological issues. Guys wanna believe they had Covid 19, I got no problem with that. Lot's of doctors and medical facilities are blaming deaths and illnesses on Covid 19 that were never really diagnosed that way.

The director of the local Covid 19 response team called us with her results. We asked him if he had any idea what kind of bug she had. He had no idea, but said that reports were common of an apparently viral bug that was hanging on and causing symptoms for up to a month, for some. They've done hundreds of tests now in our county (Edit; Every person tested had symptoms common to C19) and the only positive tests have been for residents of other areas. The next county over has a couple of dozen positive cases and one confirmed C19 related death.

Last edited by johnw; 04/09/20.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
They can’t admit it was here before it was in China.

Do you really think it wasn't active in China before November?

And that no one traveled from China to the US (or the rest of the world, like Italy on their work project) before November?????????????????

MM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I always wondered why NY/NJ/CT, etc got it much worse than CA , which is closer and get as many from China. Today it was announced that genetic testing showed NYC outbreaks came from Europe. The travel ban from China was weeks earlier than from Europe.

Last edited by shawlerbrook; 04/09/20.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Myself and many coworkers had a crud in dec that lasted 8 weeks. Pops had it for 3 months, he however suffers from Lupus and takes the meds many are asking for. My employer has many dancers from every corner of the world and many are at their family homes just before Dec and the start of Nutcracker.

Last edited by sidepass; 04/09/20.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’ve said since day one that I’m convinced I had it in November. This does not surprise me if true. It went around our fire department like crap though a goose and then our community and really most of northern mi.

Antibody tests will tell the tale...as a soon as possible I’ll get tested and post the findings

Last edited by Quak; 04/09/20.

GOD Bless America
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Folks...I'm not saying y'all are wrong. There's no telling and part of that is because you can't believe either China or our own government. Pneumonia and Bronchitus are typical cold weather ailments. They come with the Flu to many people and all sorts of other ailments. Just because you tested negative for one Flu doesn't mean you didn't have another and if you didn't, there are other ways to get these ailments. COVID-19 didn't invent chest congestion, it has the same symptoms as many other ailments.

This side of Heaven it is doubtful we'll ever know the full truth about this outbreak and terrible disease.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

This side of Heaven it is doubtful we'll ever know the full truth about this outbreak and terrible disease.

That is likely one of the truest statements ever to grace the pages of the 'Fire........................

MM

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Whether it has been around longer than it has has no bearing. The issue is whether or not what we’re doing to combat it is reasonable. More and more I’m thinking it’s not.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative

Last edited by Dryfly24; 04/09/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

It would be an interesting data point. My boss had something similar before/around Christmas.

My question though, given how easy and fast this thing spreads, why didn't it spread then? I sat face to face with my boss while he was coughing, I never caught it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mentioned it from day 1 - I'd bet the farm I had it back in Nov.
Also mentioned speaking with a gent in NYC whose brother is a doctor fighting this directly. Doctor said specifically - they were fighting this in November. Seeing the same things today that they were then.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hells Yeah !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

My question though, given how easy and fast this thing spreads, why didn't it spread then? I sat face to face with my boss while he was coughing, I never caught it.

Because for the VAST majority of those that get it - the symptoms are so mild you never notice. Many likely did have it and never knew. Holidays, bottle flu, and normal winter crud masked it.

Me

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
I will make a prediction, if they find it , the "experts" will attempt to discredit the study..... wait for it

You mean it will be peer reviewed and subjected to a high level of scrutiny?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I think I had COVID-19 back in '98 when the Pneumonia about killed me. Same symptoms. My Doc who doesn't know dick agrees with me.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Wouldn't it be great if everybody could go back to work while these self-proclaimed geniuses figure out what the fugk it is that they're talking about?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I caught one of the nastiest bugs I’ve ever experienced last season while visiting with my son and grandchildren in Minnesota. Got it from my son”s family who had had it just before I got there. It only lasted a few days but it was horrible while it lasted. I often wonder about that. . .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hanson said he thinks it is possible COVID-19 has been spreading among Californians since the fall when doctors reported an early flu season in the state. During that same time, California was welcoming as many as 8,000 Chinese nationals daily into our airports. Some of those visitors even arriving on direct flights from Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in China.
"When you add it all up it would be naïve to think that California did not have some exposure," said Hanson.

Makes sense. My wife as well as 25% of our employees were sicker'n dogs back in January with a virus that mirrored covid 19 symptoms.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Baffles my mind that places like Japan, Australia, and Thailand got it early, but the outbreaks were minor. Then places Italy,Spain, NY get hammered. It just make sense with the current narrative. Why was Seattle able to contain it better than NY. The only thing that makes sense is different strains, one weaker, one stronger or it's temp sensitive.

Or it could be due to pols like De Blasio urging citizens to attend public functions and the theaters. Or the mayor of Florence Italy urging Italians to hug the Chinese to prove they weren't racist.

There is a bug out there that has very similar symptoms to Covid 19. My wife has it now, and was tested on Tuesday and placed on quarantine by the Covid 19 response team and the county health authorities.
She is still ill, but got results of her final test back today. Negative on Covid 19. They also tested her for Influenza A&B and she got negative results for those the same day as the test.

I don't think it's any great mystery. There's always some minor bug out there that has symptoms similar to the real bad actors. And even a relatively minor bug can take you out if you have medical/immunological issues. Guys wanna believe they had Covid 19, I got no problem with that. Lot's of doctors and medical facilities are blaming deaths and illnesses on Covid 19 that were never really diagnosed that way.

The director of the local Covid 19 response team called us with her results. We asked him if he had any idea what kind of bug she had. He had no idea, but said that reports were common of an apparently viral bug that was hanging on and causing symptoms for up to a month, for some. They've done hundreds of tests now in our county (Edit; Every person tested had symptoms common to C19) and the only positive tests have been for residents of other areas. The next county over has a couple of dozen positive cases and one confirmed C19 related death.

You are aware that there were a lot of bad tests out of china? Perhaps your county got a bunch of that bad lot. the issue was false negatives.

Just a thought.

FWIW i think i had it back in feb.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Yeah, I think I had COVID-19 back in '98 when the Pneumonia about killed me. Same symptoms. My Doc who doesn't know dick agrees with me.

I caught Chu-Flu-19 back in '85 from some chick form paramus.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by irfubar
They are doing a study in Calif. to see if the corona existed in Calif in the early fall. They reported a vicious flu season with symptoms very similar to the corona as far back as November,
people tested negative for the common flu, they did not have "covid" test available then.
If they find the "covid" antibodies in people sick back in November this changes everything..

https://www.ksbw.com/article/new-st...sible-herd-immunity-to-covid-19/32073873

I made much the same comment on this board about the virus likely being around longer than these so called experts thought. Not regarding Cali though, but my wife and numerous other people had these symptoms, tested negative for flu, allergy shots didn't phase it, etc. It lasted about a month. The gist of my post was that scenario, and the thoughts of numerous doctors in the area that told nurses they worked with that "we've already had numerous people with this virus last Fall and early January that dealt with it an got over it". The paralyzed sheeple refuse to believe anything they're not fed by the "experts" on TV though.

I'm convinced my wife had it, and gave it to me about Jan. 4th or so.

Wife had all the symptoms. Dry cough, fever, etc... She went to the Dr. for it, and they tested for flu, which it wasn't. They told her they didn't know what she had. Gave her a steroid for the cough, which didn't help. Gave her a cough medicine prescription which didn't help.

My symptoms were more severe, but didn't last as long. I was over it in a matter of days.

I know it was unlike any cold/flu I'd ever had. Wife said the same.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (01Foreman400, AnthonyB, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 13 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,067
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.