Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Also, tell her that I went through it 20 years ago and I'm still here.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Sending prayers your way, hope your mom gets through this rough time quickly. I take care of my 92 yo mom. She is a cancer survivor. One day at a time. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Hoping for the best, I'll be praying for you.
Ditto.... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Steam some Broccoli and other greens high in vitamins, and some meat, so she can get the nutrients and vitamins needed to strengthen her immune system. No carbs at all. Carbs will partially block the nutrients from being absorbed through her intestines. Carbs have zero nutritional value, and just spike your insulin.

Steaming will allow all of the nutrients and vitamins to remain in the vegetables, instead of being thrown out with the water when boiled.

Good luck.
Elkslayer, are you an MD? Just asking.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ElkSlayer91 did not go to medical school...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
ElkSlayer91 did not go to medical school...
I have asked several times, nicely, if he is a medical professional but thus far, no response that I've seen. He keeps relating medical advice.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
God bless your mom... strength and healing amen....

Dad is 89 and his wife has cancer bad, we had already been limiting exposure not wanting to pass on the flu or something to give her or him pneumonia and death. Christmas was for them was individuals going over in small groups.

I now look at people like guns, empty or not treat them as loaded, as well as myself, control my muzzle and pose no threat as if loaded.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You try ice cream or milkshakes? There is a medicine that greatly increases appetite sorta like marijuana and could help her eat.

Check out: Remeron, mirtazipine Generic name

Last edited by ConradCA; 04/09/20.

[Linked Image from ]
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Rooster...sorry about that. Prayers for your mom. My mother is 86 years old and I know this will come someday for me and dread the thought. Hope you have an enjoyable time with your mother.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jim, you're doing the right thing. I bet mom is proud she brought up such a good son.

My mom is 86, cancer survivor, and alone after dad died last August. She's from up around your parts in Northern MN. She has kidney issues and some other things going on. If she caught this thing, well, it wouldn't be good. She's been locked down going on 27 days. Groceries come in via a shopper. Literally no one has come through the door in all that time. I can see it's taking a toll mentally. I try to get over there every day. If we have to talk through the front window, so be it. Usually we put a couple lawn chairs 15 feet or so apart and talk in the yard. I make sure I call her every day; my sister does too. My other brother only calls when he wants something. Talking to and seeing people is the best thing for her...I bet you mom too!

Re: the Lidocaine rinse. I had the same thing last year for some intense throat pain with strep/cough. Some of that stuff mixed with water numbed the area and the pain. It also has it's downside in that it numbs your throat and swallowing or knowing when to swallow, which was problematic. I only used it once. It's Rx, so please ask a doc first.

The hotdish made me smile. Only in MN and ND. Hope it had tator-tots in it! Good luck friend.

cf

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by krp
I now look at people like guns, empty or not treat them as loaded, as well as myself, control my muzzle and pose no threat as if loaded.

Kent

Best advice I've heard since this thing started. Everyone on the planet should hear it.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Best advice I've heard since this thing started. Everyone on the planet should hear it.

That is probably the most profound thing I've ever read.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I saw a triwall of watermelons at Sams club last week. This was in Michigan, so maybe you have them up there too.

Michigan???

I thought you were on the east coast.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Prayers & thoughts of a happy outcome, from north of the border, Rooster !

Paul, I truly appreciate that.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rooster7
As some of you know, my Mom has been dealing with cancer and didn't want to go through radiation but eventually did. She finished up not long ago and has a mouth and tongue full of sores and an extreme sore throat. The only thing she can eat is Cream of Wheat and drink protein drinks and is losing weight she can't afford to lose.

Due to her weak immune system, I have chastised my niece and sisters for going there to visit because of this virus to the point they have stopped.

Well, now my Mom is falling into a pretty deep state of depression from the hunger, pain and loneliness so I took the day off and am going to go there, make and blend her up a nutritional hotdish (casserole) that she can hopefully eat.

I'm also going to bring them a box of about 30 DVD movies and a TV that has a DVD player in it to watch upstairs where they can see sunlight instead of the TV room in the basement.

I will sanitize everything I touch and wear a mask and gloves and pray that I have not been exposed since I'm still working everyday.

Wish us luck!

I am truly sorry old mate...I have absolutely nothing that could help.

All the best...and give your mum a hug from me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Man, that's what sucks the most. When I was getting up to leave, she got up to give me a hug and I said "no Mom, we can't right now"

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Man, that's what sucks the most. When I was getting up to leave, she got up to give me a hug and I said "no Mom, we can't right now"

But she knows...and that is worth everything.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw a triwall of watermelons at Sams club last week. This was in Michigan, so maybe you have them up there too.

Michigan???

I thought you were on the east coast.

I bought a farm in Michigan and am making the move from the coast.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
this sounds like a case where a stomach feeding tube would help her keep her strength up while taking treatments. I have 2 friends that had them put in and both never lost any weight while taking treatments. I wish you luck.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rooster7:
Sending you a pm.

I wish her and your family luck. I will say a rosary for her and keep you guys in my daily prayers. -tnscouter

Last edited by tnscouter; 04/10/20. Reason: Sent pm
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1936M71, 160user, 22250rem, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,702
Posts18,475,262
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.