24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ACE vs ARB #14766267 04/10/20
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,317
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,317
It looks like the battle of the lot lizards (medical salesmen). The decade old battle of the Blood pressure medications is heating up during the COVID-19 pandemic. The two drug classes are making claims that each other’s drug makes patients more susceptible to COVID-19. The ARB appears to have the better salesmen or buying more lunches. It is also the newer of the two drug classes.

BP-B2

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: MM879] #14766277 04/10/20
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 43,301
Fireball2 Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 43,301
ACE?
ARB?

Not everyone knows what these are btw. (btw means By The Way, btw)


_______________________________________________________
Molon labe bitches

The world has gone completely crazy, starting with most of you!

Intolerance is about to become very popular. I'm ahead of the curve.

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: MM879] #14766294 04/10/20
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,098
R
RatherBHuntin Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
R
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,098
As a “medical salesman”, I would be curious how this would be the result of sales reps, as all of us have been pulled out of the field, since mid March. But still intrigued by the story. Also, there is very little incentive for sales reps to sell “aces and arbs” (2 similar categories of blood pressure medications) as the majority of those products are generic.

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: MM879] #14766400 04/10/20
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,317
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,317
One of the symptoms of the COVID-19 is unstable high blood pressure in non-hypertensive patients. The recommendation is a generic Blood Pressure medication. ACE is normally prescribed because of cost and insurance approvals. The doctor will have to answer a letter if he prescribes an ARB. There are several stories in respectable NetSites indicating that ACE medications might increase the susceptibly to COVID-19 virus. The medical community stands by their ACE recommendations if your conditions need it.

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: MM879] #14766402 04/10/20
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,188
Tealblue Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,188
I thought this was going to be about locking differentials.


Me

IC-A

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: Tealblue] #14766424 04/10/20
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,317
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,317
Originally Posted by teal
I thought this was going to be about locking differentials.

go with the air-lock

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: MM879] #14766452 04/10/20
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,341
M
mcknight77 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,341
In my '71 Bronco prefer open diffs front and rear. However, I run a spool in my drag car.

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: mcknight77] #14766464 04/10/20
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 43,301
Fireball2 Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 43,301
ARB air lockers front and back in my Toyota. The thing is a beast.


_______________________________________________________
Molon labe bitches

The world has gone completely crazy, starting with most of you!

Intolerance is about to become very popular. I'm ahead of the curve.

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: mcknight77] #14766468 04/10/20
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,188
Tealblue Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,188
Originally Posted by mcknight77
In my '71 Bronco prefer open diffs front and rear. However, I run a spool in my drag car.


Broncos are so cool. Always wanted one.


Me

Re: ACE vs ARB [Re: MM879] #14766486 04/10/20
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,448
P
Pharmseller Offline
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,448
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
As a “medical salesman”, I would be curious how this would be the result of sales reps, as all of us have been pulled out of the field, since mid March. But still intrigued by the story. Also, there is very little incentive for sales reps to sell “aces and arbs” (2 similar categories of blood pressure medications) as the majority of those products are generic.


You and me both, brother.

Originally Posted by MM879
One of the symptoms of the COVID-19 is unstable high blood pressure in non-hypertensive patients. The recommendation is a generic Blood Pressure medication. ACE is normally prescribed because of cost and insurance approvals. The doctor will have to answer a letter if he prescribes an ARB. There are several stories in respectable NetSites indicating that ACE medications might increase the susceptibly to COVID-19 virus. The medical community stands by their ACE recommendations if your conditions need it.


ACE and ARB are both generic, both have the same cost. Share with me which letter a doc will have to answer.




P


Obey lawful commands. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC-B


Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
212 registered members (10ring1, 222ND, 21, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 24 invisible), 911 guests, and 716 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3










Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3
(Release build 20190728)
PHP: 7.3.22 Page Time: 0.035s Queries: 14 (0.004s) Memory: 0.8502 MB (Peak: 0.9459 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2020-09-27 11:12:37 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS