Hop To
D
Dess Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Happy Easter to everyone.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Amain.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Its tomorrow

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Japlvn, It's not too soon for Good News.

Welcome to the forum.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has risen in deed.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
‘The’ foundation of the Christian faith. Christianity began with an empty tomb.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Happy Easter!

For you religious scholars, I have a question. Growing up, I was always taught that Jesus was crucified on Friday and rose on Sunday, three days.

..but the more I read, it seems as if he was actually crucified on a Saturday, because Joseph of Aramathea rushed to get him buried before the Sabbath. So was he actually crucified on a Wednesday?

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The Jew
Originally Posted by J23
Happy Easter!

For you religious scholars, I have a question. Growing up, I was always taught that Jesus was crucified on Friday and rose on Sunday, three days.

..but the more I read, it seems as if he was actually crucified on a Saturday, because Joseph of Aramathea rushed to get him buried before the Sabbath. So was he actually crucified on a Wednesday?

The Jewish Sabbath was/is on the 7th day, which is Saturday.

What man, on his death bed, ever lamented, "God, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
He is risen...Hallelujah!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He will return.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by J23
Happy Easter!

Sure.

Whatever.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Easter is not Christian; though it is mentioned in Acts 12, most authorities consider it a translation error. Passover is God-ordained and mentioned 70 times in the scriptures first in Exodus.

Easter was a pagan holiday to the sun or fertility goddess (many names) in ancient times.

Constantine, of the then Roman Christian church-state, had a hand at the Council of Nicaea, c ~ 325 AD or so to change the time of remembrance of Christ’s death and resurrection to Easter instead of Passover.

Another example of one of the “traditions of men” people follow rather than what God ordained.

Nevertheless, yes, to God be the glory, Christ is rise!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bobber257
The Jew
Originally Posted by J23
Happy Easter!

In John 19:31, it was called a 'special Sabbath', or in some versions a 'high day'. That says a lot. Several times a year during major feasts, there would be a special sabbath in addition to the normal Saturday sabboth. That means that there were 2 sabbaths that week. Jesus died the day before the special one. It could have been either on Wed or Thur but without knowing the year it's impossible to determine which day it occurred.
Jesus said he would be in the grave for 3 days AND 3 nights. A Thurs execution would have him in the grave for Thurs, Fri, and Sat days and Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights.
Keep in mind that in that culture a new day started at sundown so if he rose right after sundown on Sat evening, it would be counted as rising on Sun. So, depending on how you counted the days, a Wed execution could cover him being in the grave for Thurs, Fri, and Sat days and Wed, Thurs, and Fri nights, rising right after sundown on Sat evening.

There are 2 accounts of the women buying spices for his body. One book says they bought them after the sabbath, another says before the sabbath. With 2 sabboths, there could have been a day between them or if the sabbaths were back to back, the priests could have allowed a short time between them to buy stuff.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Bobber257
The Jew
Originally Posted by J23
Happy Easter!

I dont think little kids know, yet, it's so simple, even a child can do it. Believe and have faith.

I believe HE has gone to be with the Father, and to build a place for HIS Israel, HIS believers.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/11/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
our god is great and has risen

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,456
Posts18,471,117
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.