-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If my Swedish mother-in-law and my Norwegian sister-in-law had "the touch," it wasn't enough.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ken, now that Sam and I are preparing your lunch, would you like your lutefisk with or without anchovies?

Frankly, I think they add a lot to an already scrumptious flavor. What a delightful complement to butter!

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's time for this hillbilly to crawl into bed.
Goodnight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, I'm about done for tonight.

Goodnight and best wishes to all.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 41Keith
Ken, now that Sam and I are preparing your lunch, would you like your lutefisk with or without anchovies?

Frankly, I think they add a lot to an already scrumptious flavor. What a delightful complement to butter!

Whatever bongs your gong � since you're the one who's gonna eat 'em.

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heh. So you think, sport.

Once I present it, you'll be begging for lots & lots of it. Yes, even though speaking so very modestly, I DO have the touch.

You're powerless in the face of that, Ken.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a pretty fair and honest guy � I'll give it a receptive try. I can't swallow, so don't be offended when I spit it out. That's how I enjoy bona fide goodies like Oreos, Cheez Its, and pretzels.

(Chew 'em up and spit 'em out � the ultimate weight-loss diet! It let me shed about a hundred pounds.)

smile

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sport, what I ever say or write to you has kindness much in the mix. You're a good guy.

I'm a fairly easy fellow to get along with.

I expect the same is true for my long lost little brother Sam, too, but I kinda hate to speak for him just yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Putting my last post in a different, maybe more illuminated manner, my friends may wonder about me, but they don't doubt my friendship.

You shouldn't either.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I have utterly no problem with the concept of justice for all; she's gotta be taught it's a bad thing to drink and drive. Makes my skin crawl, though, to think about the 20million-odd illegal aliens drifting around this country about which relatively nothing is being done. As with most human endeavors, law enforcement likes the easy targets that make them look like they're doing a great job.

Who's the bigger threat? Paris, or the Congressmen about to sell us all down the river on the illegals issue. I know which one I'd like to put in jail....

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You made some good points there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 41Keith
� my friends � don't doubt my friendship. You shouldn't either.

I don't.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"I have absolutely no idea what "lutefisk" is."
Count this among your blessings!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"Let's not forget the Swedish meatballs."
Nor the potato bologna - can't find any around here.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I can't swallow, so don't be offended when I spit it out.

I'm sure there are a bunch of married guys on here that are use to that.....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Single guys too!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Only if they're the spitter....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son got into a bit of trouble when he was about fifteen. The judge seemed genuinely concerned with teaching him a lesson. The judge's words and the sentence seemed to have nothing to do with a "debt to society" and everything to do with "Hey kid, you messed up. You need a lesson so that you know better than to mess up again. This is going to hurt, but it is for your own good."

I was very impressed with the judge, and even my son admitted that she was very fair. I would not even want to think what this fine lady judge would have done with my son had he violated probation.

As it turned out he completed all the requirements of his probation within the first eight weeks and his one year probation was dismissed after five months.

While I do not have the benefit of a legal degree, that is justice to me.

Since we don't know the details because you're son's "antics" were not splashed all over the news and tabloids, I guess we're to assume that your son is of high character even though your son obvously broke the law and got caught, because he completed probation? Or is this enough to make a valid judgement of his character? I see lots of POS's walk the line long enough to get through probation...in reality all it takes is ceasing criminal activity and in some cases doing a little community service. There's no real work involved.

I guess justice means different things to different people under different circumstances...some might say your son got off easy, but you call it justice...because he's your son and you were "impressed with the judge"...who let your son off. Ok then.

It is unfortunate that her mother and father had better things to do than instill the most basic of values into their child. But I know a lot of people who have done much better with even less parenting.

And you accuse me of making false assumptions? Were you neighbors of the Hiltons? Kknow Paris or her parents growing up?

I have seen Ms Hilton on her TV show, and I have seen enough news reports of her antics to make a valid judgment of her character. I do not believe for one instant that she is a good enough actress for her persona on her show to be pretend.

In actuality, all one needs to know about her to make a valid judgment of her character, is that she refuses to honor the suspension of her license. She thinks the law does not apply to her.

Oh, I see, you've seen her on a TV show! Nice dose of reality there!

Again, I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Had your son never been in legal trouble I'm sure you, like some others, would draw the line at her merely breaking the law the first time...but since you've had a son to do that, then your standards is how the lawbreaker performs on probation...THAT is the true measure of character in your eyes huh? Well, we all have to have our standards.

Refusing the honor the license suspension is evidence of lack of character? Really? How is that? Let's say Paris wasn't a rich girl, but a married father of 4 with a job in a factory making ends meet barely. His wife works days too to help out but can't make enough to suppor them. He gets a DUI after having a few brews with his work buds after his shift. He takes the hit like a man and pleads guilty. Takes some money he's saved for a rainy day or to take his family on a nice trip to pay all his fines and costs at once and on time...goes to driving and DUI classes as ordered and on time. He has to take on a weekend job cutting grass with a friend of his and his landscape crew to make up the the money spent. He's never been in trouble before. The one hitch? To keep his day job, his only means is to drive to work...there isn't another way for him to get back and forth. So that represents his bad character because his license is suspended? Again, we can all make our judgements...but it seems every judgement made about Paris has to do with either her socio-economic status or her TV persona. Unless someone here can step up and say they know her personally, that seems to be the only way to judge her...unless we judge her solely for breaking the law...then we can lump her in the same "character boat" with your son can't we?

War Damn Eagle!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm just happy none of the pards I hang with would spend a second talking about Paris, gotta love the Campfire Knitting Circle....

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not about to read the whole thread. Just had to ask, if she was required to return 'lickity split'?

Brian

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,783 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,200
Posts18,503,662
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.