Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My questions:

Have any of you converted a standard model 70 to a blind magazine? If so, how do you do that? What parts would I need? I am considering this for weight savings (minimal, but it counts) and it'll be a little bit more sealed up for the super crappy weather I hunt in. Start with ADL rifle

If a blind magazine is not possible, or if you believe it is a terrible idea, do you have suggestions for lightweight bottom metal? The original gun has the 2-piece bottom metal, but I will be changing over to 1-piece if I go the bottom metal route. I would go this route with a Model 70, no reason to blind a Model 70

Has anyone used a timney model 70 trigger? Is it worth the money over an adjusted new-haven trigger? NO

Do any of you have recommendations for a gunsmith who can put this rifle together for me and do a great job?

Do you know something else I don't know? Are there considerations that I am missing? A way you could save some more weight that I haven't thought of? I would like thoughts and opinions from you all. You can buy lightweight 6.5 Creedmoor, blind magazine rifle right off the shelf and not have to mess with a carbon fiber barrel nor the building of the rifle.

Arcus Venator
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Winny Whizzum guts,will kick Kreedmire rounds outta da' belly,but that was a NICE fhuqking guess. Hint. Congratulations?!?

'70's in ALL fhuqking fairness,ain't "tricky". It is NO thang,to remove/skew mag spacers,time bolt stops and/or flare ejection ports for COAL requisites. Hint.

Stacking Stupid,atop Stupid,don't make schit "better". Hint.

My "problem" is,I simply fhuqking shoot it all and then some. For that SIMPLISTIC fhuqking reason,wares ain't "equal",nor close. Hint.

The Fieldcraft simply stomps the fhuqking schit outta any/all thangs '70. Hint.

Not that I do not get a KICK outta this fhuqking Retardation! Hint.

Bless your heart for fhuqking trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

208 members (257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,774 guests, and 986 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,347
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.