Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
Windjammer 😂😂 never heard of em mark. Remember the Jason autofocus? I remember thinking they were the shiit!! Haha

The Windjammers have the auto-focus. Loved it. Couldn’t find auto-focus for many years until I stumbled across Steiner Police bins.

Bought them...Glass sucked. Sold them. Now, I slum Zeiss glass. 😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jason’s were cool, then I bought a set of Steiner bighorns, boy I thought I was in high cotton!!! 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tannhauser
Originally Posted by 805
Just an update.
Got my SLCs back this week. New armor on them, replaced the focus mechanism( which was the reason I sent them in), replaced a prism and cleaned them internally and externally. Also gave me new eye cups, eye piece cover and lens covers. Free of charge!!
I will always own Swarovski optics.

Why did they repair yours for free but charge irfubar $250?

Not sure but I’ve sent my SLCs in 3 times since I’ve purchased them usually just for a cleaning and I’ve never been charged. They also have upgraded the prisms and eye cups the time before this. Never been charged for anything.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by irfubar
$ 250.00 and 6 weeks later got them back, in the meantime bought a pair of used Nikon moanarch IV here on the classified for $175.00. When the Swaro's arrived I compared them, the Nikons are clearer.... fug me

LOL, I'm sure they are.. wink

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
What is a Nikon Monarch IV ?????

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well hell, I probably will get whipped for this but I alway employ strategy with CS of finding a V.P. who is a woman and generally hope that contact is during that time of the month where she is particularly angry. I act extremely genuine and offer her platitudes about her product and explain that there has been a miscommunication. Believe it or not stuff gets done if you do this. This will work with SONA.
Nikon monarch HGs are extremely good binoculars. I would believe them to be optically better than swaro slc 8X30 classics-HGs have field flatteners and the SLCs do not.

I have found that Swarovski is the best product out there. However, with optics there is a great deal of subjectivity because everybody has a different set of eyes.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
My SLCs are coming back tomorrow from a focus wheel checkup and general inspection. No charge and I was not the original owner. The only charge I have ever seen was for a crushed scope tube, which was understandable. I haven’t sent allot in but I’ve been impressed with their service. You are kept in the loop. E-mails are returned, and can speak to a knowledgeable person. I appreciate that they will go above in coverage but also like that they do put limitations on it.

Mine showed up today cleaned, inspected, free lens covers, and with a much improved focus wheel. They also replaced the eyecups, which I didn't request. No charge

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Sorry John, Monarch 5.... had a brain fart...... Jap junk seems way more gooder than Euro trash for dollars spent

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Sorry John, Monarch 5.... had a brain fart...... Jap junk seems way more gooder than Euro trash for dollars spent

OK no problem, just curious. I'd be pissed too at Swaro if I were in your shoes, or Greg W's shoes for that matter. That plain sucks. I bet you can get close to $500 for them though. Good luck.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Nikons were purchased as a stop gap.... but I may use them as my main bino's for a bit and see how they work.... 8x42 and lightweight nice package

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.