Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
BluMtn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
https://governor.utah.gov/2020/04/09/governor-issues-executive-order-on-inbound-travel/

SALT LAKE CITY (April 9, 2020) – Gov. Herbert has issued an Executive Order establishing a requirement for individuals entering Utah to complete a travel declaration form. The Utah Department of Transportation will collect this information in an electronic form individuals will receive via text message upon entering the state.

The order requires every individual 18 years of age or older who enters Utah, either as a final destination through the Salt Lake City International Airport, or on Utah roads, to complete a travel declaration form before entering the state.

“I am impressed with the extraordinary things that Utahns are doing each day to help one another stay safe and stay home. In recent days, however, we have seen an uptick in travel on our roads,” said Gov. Herbert.“We need to limit our travel to essential purposes only. Our goal is to trace potential cases of COVID-19 in inbound travelers.”

This will be implemented by using a wireless emergency alert system near our borders in order to notify those entering by car and truck of the need to complete a declaration online.

The Utah Department of Transportation has coordinated with other state agencies and political subdivisions as necessary to identify highway entry points and ensure that each highway entry point is identified on a map made available to the public on coronavirus.utah.gov.

The Utah Department of Technology Services will provide the encryption of all data collected and transmitted pursuant to this order. It will also ensure the system involving the collection, transmission, and storage of data collected pursuant to this order meets national privacy and security standards.

No personally identifiable information or personal health information gathered as a result of this survey will be shared with the public or with any unauthorized individual.

This order will go into effect at 8:00 a.m. on April 10, 2020 and shall remain in effect until 11:59 p.m. on May 1, 2020.

View the order here.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Look at that DOT working the front lines to keep us all safe.

HEROES!

PS-Wear a mask when you fill out the form!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yet another completely unenforceable dictum. "Electronic form" assumes everyone has a cell phone (not true) and also assumes that everyone will dutifully respond (very untrue) and if they do, to tell the truth about their plans (laughably untrue).

Worse, even if everybody who enters the state replies truthfully, the dictum has no effect on what those people do while in Utah. It's a three-week goat rope.

The major interstate highways entering Utah I-15, I-80, and I-70. Tens of thousands of cars and trucks cross those seven borders every day. If they try to stop traffic until everyone completes a form, there'll be backups from St George Utah back to Las Vegas, and from Evanston Wyoming back to Rock Springs, just to name two. It's ludicrous.

Last edited by RockyRaab; 04/12/20.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Yet another completely unenforceable dictum. "Electronic form" assumes everyone has a cell phone (not true) and also assumes that everyone will dutifully respond (very untrue) and if they do, to tell the truth about their plans (laughably untrue).

Worse, even if everybody who enters the state replies truthfully, the dictum has no effect on what those people do while in Utah. It's a three-week goat rope.

How dare you.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Aside from my not knowing how the technology works, as in my case where I have only an old flip phone and don't always have it on, I see no mention of the Arizona/Utah border on Old Highway 91. The entrance to 91 off I-15 is at AZ Exit 8, with the state border about 10 miles farther along 91 in the open desert. It's a good two lane blacktop, well traveled. This appears to mean a driver can bypass the checkpoint at the AZ/UT border on I-15 by cutting off I-15 at Exit 8, and entering Utah from the west and driving into St. George, even re-entering I-15 at one of the St. George exits.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you have a cell phone it is enforceable.
What would the architecture of oppression look like?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There's also Hwy 50 from Nevada and numerous other roads into Utah. I only named the interstates. Your point only makes the whole thing even more ridiculouser.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you comrade Herbert. What an asshat. Good luck with this.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

The major interstate highways entering Utah I-15, I-80, and I-70. Tens of thousands of cars and trucks cross those seven borders every day. If they try to stop traffic until everyone completes a form, there'll be backups from St George Utah back to Las Vegas, and from Evanston Wyoming back to Rock Springs, just to name two. It's ludicrous.

EXACTAMUNDO.

I have a flip phone, no access to the internet.I may be driving through there in june...

emphasis on 'driving through'.....not stopping to fill stuff out.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So if you drive through Utah and turn your cell phone off then what? UHP is really good at profiling out of state drivers. This country has gone completely stupid.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Flip phone doesn’t matter—unless you throw it away. Internet connection doesn’t matter either.
Snowden explained all this

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
"Your papers are not in order, please step to the right. Put your jewelry and cash by your left foot and proceed forward to the boxcar."

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Brave New World.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a great opportunity for Utah to create a whole new bureaucracy, they could hire hundreds, have a new department , call it something cool, like "Keep Utah alive"

A politicians wet dream and the ninny's will cheer them on, they will pat themselves on the back for saving lives........ of course you will have to buy a travel permit

If it saves one child it is worth it!!!!!

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
KGB or Gestapo works...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The potential for government to slip into an oppressive role, as if into a comfortable pair of shoes, has always been there and now, we are starting to see how easily it can be justified. Every action like this, which may actually reflect good intentions, takes us down a path we should probably not be so quick to take (insert the "ism" of your choice here).
While it may have been possible, early on, to contain or exclude the virus, we are well beyond that now. If Utah, for instance, was totally virus-free, one could appreciate the attempt; futile though it might be. The thing is, Utah has not been virus free for a long time and as Rocky has pointed out, it would be impossible to keep it out with all of the traffic through the state.
Even locales which should, by rights, have been able to exclude the virus, have been unsuccessful in the attempt. Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest province, should have had a real shot but were not able to do so.
Not usually an alarmist, I find it easy to believe this may be kind of a dry run or a probe just to see what the response might be. GD

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The people need to recall his ass. He is all for destroying his economy with this BS.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This is Herberts last year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Utah is really on the vanguard of science if they have an electronic form that prevents disease!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Has Utah locked residents down or are you all dead men walking?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,379
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.