Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Heard today from friends in Zim. Both are PHs based out of Bulawayo. So far 1 death from COVID 19 reported in Byo officially. They tell me they are doing well so far and hoping things turn around late in the year. OTW, they will be ready for clients in 2021.

I’m scheduled for a hunt in Zim July 2020, but realistically anticipate that with the situation here and in RSA it’ll likely be 2021 before I’ll be back in Zim.

I was glad my friends and their families in Zim are getting by so far.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks for posting the information Wildcatter, also wishing your friends the best riding out this tough rodeo.

Trump Won!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Reported Cases
Botswana - 13
Benin - 35
Zambia - 45
Namibia - 16
Zimbabwe - 17
Mozambique - 28
Tanzania - 53
Uganda - 54
Congo - 60
Kenya - 216
DR Congo - 241
Cameroon - 848
Burkina Faso - 515
South Africa - 2415

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Traffic through JNB is probably reflected in the RSA count

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Heard today from friends in Zim. Both are PHs based out of Bulawayo. So far 1 death from COVID 19 reported in Byo officially. They tell me they are doing well so far and hoping things turn around late in the year. OTW, they will be ready for clients in 2021.

I’m scheduled for a hunt in Zim July 2020, but realistically anticipate that with the situation here and in RSA it’ll likely be 2021 before I’ll be back in Zim.

I was glad my friends and their families in Zim are getting by so far.

'Hope that your friends and their families are able to stay well.

I don't see how countries that can't feed their people have any hope of protecting them from a virus for which there isn't a known vaccine and when there is, they will be at the end of the distribution network.

Oh well, disease is one of nature's way of managing the carrying capacity of a habitat.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Africa is only at the early stages of this pandemic. I hope they have learned from other countries to do as much as they can as soon as they can to confine the spread. Many areas there is a huge shortage of testing and so the numbers may represent number of tests as much as the total numbers.

Glad your PH friends are well and weathering this out the best they can.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
In the southern African countries I’m familiar with, social distancing, mitigation and testing are very countercultural. Epidemics are common and very difficult to control.

Zim and Mozambique have very little to no healthcare resources, certainly no intensive care or even standard hospital care available. If there is a significant source of infection - both Zim and Moz have significant connections to China and sizable Chinese presence - COVID will burn through their populations like wildfire.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they are spared, as an epidemic would be devastating. It would likely decimate the hunting industry for years to come.

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,211
Posts18,485,426
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.