I have a EMF /Pietta GW II Gunfighter 45 Colt with an extra 45 Acp cylinder with a 4 5/8 inch barrel on its way to me.

I got to checking out the prices on factory ammo for the 45 Colt and the 45 Acp and goodness did not know everything had gone up that much !!

Anyway I want to reload the 45 Colt to about 1000-1100 FPS with a 185-200 Grain hollow point bullet .
And may want to reload the 45 Acp as well.
I have never reloaded for these cartridges,only 44 Mag,357 Mag,300 weatherby,243 Win,8mm Mauser,7mm Rem mag etc
Is there anything about the 45 Colt that is Major different from the Straight wall Pistol Cartridges I have reloaded for ?

I don't Cowboy action shoot or Hunt anymore,just for fun to piddle with and keep loaded around the house for home defense.

The only reloading equipment I still have are a Lee Hand Press and a Rcbs Hand Primer and some Lee scales and a set of Lee Powder scoops.I might still have some Winchester Large Pistol Primers And Some Winchester 296 Laying around in the House but good lord it They would be close to 30 years old !!
I can pickup The Large Pistol primers and Powder and brass at our Local Sportsmans Warehouse.
And order some lee dies.

Several questions
Which powder will most likely give me the velocity I am looking for from the 45 Colt that is easy recoiling and accurate and gives pretty good case fill?

If I wanted to, can I use the 45 Colt dies to reload the 45 Acp as well ? Just get a different shellholder

Which Bullet in the weight range of 185 to 200 grains Hollow Point is going to give me the best chance of expansion at these velocities ?

Thanks

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money