Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by cfran
Comparing COVID to WWII, not going to buy it for 1 second. Turn off the news for a bit and get some fresh air, that’s absurd and not trying to offend you.

News, what news?

I do not take the paper. I have not seen any TV news in months. I have not had a radio turned on in more months.

I am just hearing the wailing and the lamentations of the women on this forum.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Hastings
So we shut down the economy and put millions of young people out of work, children out of school, and bankrupt the small business people, inject huge amounts of debt owed to the Federal Reserve to protect the lives of 10% of the most expendable members of our society?

Okay, there we go.

Who gets to define expendable. Lots of morality in making that choice, right?

Why such a black and white view of this?

Because that is the way morality works. Coloring morality in varying shades of grey is a one way ticket to perdition.

A Dr. performing triage in the yard is one thing. Painting red slashes across the foreheads of the community for selective execution is something different.

A bit dramatic, don't you think? Nobody is executing anyone. We are talking about a virus that you will most likely survive just fine, not a bullet to the head. And, if you are super concerned about it, you have every right to stay home and self isolate for as long as you want, until you feel comfortable with the level of risk involved in going out in public.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A precedent has been set.....what happens the next time....and how many times can any country survive going underground with every new marginally contagious threat?

Answer.....not long....and the wolves have noticed what it takes to roll us over....

Last edited by battue; 04/15/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jnyork
Old saying in the USAF: "If you're not terrified, you don't understand the situation".

I'm soon to be 80 years old and, while I hate to say I'm terrified, I am being very cautious about what I do and where I go, if anywhere.

I pretty much resent the azzhats on this board and elsewhere who complain that their ability to make a buck is more important than my life and that I should just keel over and die so they can go get rich.

Jesus Christ, WTF said you should keel over and die?? You should surely take precautions as should everyone else but the country needs to get back to business. I'm almost 54 and my father died at 57 20 plus years ago having CHF with a heart attack. I had CHF at 40 and have recovered but am on meds for it daily. I currently have a torn left rotator cuff and an undiagnosed gastro issue which I had my gull bladder taken out for in 2015 but didn't solve the problem so I'm waiting for a stomach scope which I can't get now (it's gotten way worse over the last few months). I am retired but I need a second back surgery which I'm waiting till I can't stand it any longer to get.... So I'm not in the best of health for my age but it isn't all my fault and I'm not very overweight (I'd get more exercise and walk more if it didn't hurt so much). That said WTF is going to happen to this country with everything shut down? People have to make a living and EVERYONE needs to realize this! I'm no doubt at risk but I surely don't want the economy to crash because of me and if it takes me out, hell I've had a good run.

Enough of this crap, time to go back to work.

And for those who haven't seen the video of Tucker that Steve posted I suggest you watch it.

Ps... I'm not so sure I haven't already had it or came in contact with it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My neighbor is deathly allergic to bees. I want all you selfish bastards who keep bees to go kill them RIGHT NOW! Your honey is not more valuable than her life. What if she dies while cooking? The whole neighborhood, hell the whole city could go up in flames. Gas lines exploding - the whole works. What would that do to the environment? Hundreds of thousands could die! I guess some of you unfeeling jerks want her to die. No other explanation.

Or, I guess she could avoid bees.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK. A few but very few young and middle age people die with this. A heck of a lot seem to not have any symptoms. Worse case scenario is maybe 10-15 % of elderly and chronically ill are fatal. I am 68 with beginning right side heart failure but I still work so I guess I'm "at risk". I'll be darned if I think we should shut things down to save 10% of the elderly and ill and that includes me. I've heard that even the national parks are closed. This is crazy. My wife and I have 3 adult children and 3 grand children, they are more important than protecting a few elderly that could for the most part protect themselves if they choose.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by cfran
Comparing COVID to WWII, not going to buy it for 1 second. Turn off the news for a bit and get some fresh air, that’s absurd and not trying to offend you.

News, what news?

I do not take the paper. I have not seen any TV news in months. I have not had a radio turned on in more months.

I am just hearing the wailing and the lamentations of the women on this forum.

Well do something to reshape your views, this isn’t WW2 for God’s sake. I’m floored to see the over dramatic views of many. That said, this website is full of pretty well grounded folks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of scared folks right now that figure tomorrow was some how guaranteed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
A....and the wolves have noticed what it takes to roll us over....

Yes, yes sir they have.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
A precedent has been set.....what happens the next time....and how many times can any country survive going underground with every new marginally contagious threat?

Answer.....not long....and the wolves have noticed what it takes to roll us over....

Those precedents date back to 14'th century Europe.
And then to Philadelphia in the 1790s.
And San Francisco circa 1900.

With federal legislation passed in 1878.

To name just a few examples.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention H1N1 of 1918.

IC B3

30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by 30338
Originally Posted by saddlesore
MY father had to retire early due to black lung from the coal mines. He lived until he was 94. My mother spent the last 7years of her life in an Alzheimer home .She past when she was 93. Early on the doctors said both conditions would be fatal. We sure wanted them to be with us as long as possible. If some doctor or anyone would have came up to me and said they are going to die anyway, I have the feeling they would not have lived as long as my parents did.

At 76, I feel the same as Old Toot. I don't plan on dying any sooner than I have to.

Originally Posted by 30338
Over 70, stay home a few months. .

How about you staying home for a few months so you don't get infected and transmit it to other people.

Sure thing. How about I stop paying social security taxes and you go without that lol. Hope you have some good savings.

That would be fine, until unka sugar takes everything you own for no payments. You just have to face facts, your going to support many others, just like the boomers did!

Heym06, Actually my point is, if the shutdown continues and my business has 0 profit, then I will pay 0 in taxes. So the social security taxes will have to come from somewhere else. I'll live off my tax free savings and weather the storm hopefully but others are not as fortunate. Its time for those at risk to hunker down perhaps, but the rest of us need to get this economy going.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Originally Posted by TimZ
If I made it to 87, I would hope there would be very little that would terrify me at that point. Would have outlived Dad by 10 years and his Dad by 30 years, so would consider myself way ahead of the game.....

This. After working in health care most of my life, this whole thing is way overblown. Everyone gets sick. Everyone dies. The average age of death in Italy was 81. They stopped treating people 80 and over, then dropped it back to 65. And many deaths are attributed to the virus. Not heart attacks, COPD, stroke, renal or liver failure, etc.

On FOX news about 45 minute ago it was reported that over 4000 of the deaths attributed to C-19 were not tested for it. So basically they have a bit over 6000 deaths attributed to C-19 where the person had it. From watching a doc on youtube he says the way you die from C-19 is when you get pneumonia. I wonder how many of those people who had C-19 actually died of something else, but since they were being treated for C-19 that is automatically put as the cause of death. They are listing people who die from heart attacks as dying from C-19 if they have it. Yet in some areas heart attack deaths are way down. Maybe it is because people are suiting on their easy chairs all day, I don't know. I wonder how many heart attacks there will be after people get up and moving again.

Don’t have the inclination to read all the BS about old people dying. It has been going on since the beginning of time and highly unlikely that will change...however, the reason the hospitals are listing Covid as the cause, is the fact they most likely will get more government money from Covid than they would from the insurance company if CHF, diabetes, high BP or Kidney issues were listed as the primary cause of death....

And hospitals are furloughing people because there aren't many people coming into the hospital. Our own small hospital is losing huge amounts of money because no one is coming in. Everyone was told to stay home and not go to their Dr. so all the PPE can be used for the C-19 patients that didn't happen. I'm due for my annual this month. Not going to happen though. So I can't go to see my doc and because of that something is missed that won't be found until next year. Say cancer. And by that time it is too late to do anything or it is going to take a lot more effort to get me well. What will be said than?

The fact is we need to get back to normal. Not every old person will die from this. (Heck there was a 104 year old who beat it) If you have a problem with your health you should be the one staying home if you feel that way. Everyone else needs to get back to work.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hey...I supported the shut down.

I also support a metered and logical approach to getting things going again.

WTF is wrong with that?

Just got home from the mountains and read this.
You are falling back on using common sense and logic, again. Only those older than me should be allowed to die.

forever young at heart;

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I dont want anybody to die.

I would have been a cop instead of an EMT is the opposite were true.........ha!

I am MAGA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dont want anybody to die.

I would have been a cop instead of an EMT is the opposite were true.........ha!

Officer Jim Conrad here, reason I pulled you over, was because you were doing 55 in a 25. Are those chocolate Twinkie’s? You don’t mind if i take those do you and have a great day.. driver sitting their perplexed trying figure out if it’s a joke or not..

Last edited by 79S; 04/15/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Do they really make chocolate Twinkies??

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

The fact is we need to get back to normal. Not every old person will die from this. (Heck there was a 104 year old who beat it) If you have a problem with your health you should be the one staying home if you feel that way. Everyone else needs to get back to work.

More importantly, it seems, people need to get their asses back out onto the street and start blowing money again on frivolous schitt so the rest of us can scavenge up our share.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do they really make chocolate Twinkies??

those are from Chiner......

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

More importantly, it seems, people need to get their asses back out onto the street and start blowing money again on frivolous schitt so the rest of us can scavenge up our share.

You old Fuggers are pathetic.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If you're 87, without Covid-Y2K, your chance of dyin this year is 15%.

If you're 87, with Covid-Y2K, your chance of dyin this year is 10%-27%.

Statistically insignificant difference.

The real issue, is that there's two types of people:

Those that support and follow the constitution; and

Those that don't.

Nature has a way of weedin out those that shouldn't be on the planet.

The Covid is a good thing, for "those that don't".

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.