Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
We most likely have the biggest POS governor in the entire country. Dumber then a box of Rocks. Probably has to be dressed and spoon fed .

A little more then 200 covid deaths in a state with 10 million population.

200 and counting......

One certainly has the right to protest, but need to stay 6'+ apart. as for re-opening the economy, until an effective vaccine is developed, tested, produced and widely distributed, the risk of re-ignition of Covid-19 is present (do we really want to repeat the past 2 months again?).

Oh boy,,, you fell for it too.. In 6 months people won’t remember this chit. And vaccine uh ok,,, even if they do come up with one, people won’t get it..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think this morning NC total confirmed infection rate was .0005%
This will not be "fun" in about 2-3 more weeks.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I guess most of you missed Easter being canceled?

How many e-mails have you, your friends, and family sent to elected officials?

Oh when they come after my guns and piss on my 2d amendment right I will show them. Pry from my dead cold hands yeah! 2 hours later cops on guys door step, sir we need your firearms. Guy uh ok here they are..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by djs
We most likely have the biggest POS governor in the entire country. Dumber then a box of Rocks. Probably has to be dressed and spoon fed .

200 and counting......

One certainly has the right to protest, but need to stay 6'+ apart. as for re-opening the economy, until an effective vaccine is developed, tested, produced and widely distributed, the risk of re-ignition of Covid-19 is present (do we really want to repeat the past 2 months again?).

Vaccine already has a name issued by the CDC . . . .Scamdemic-19

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by djs

200 and counting......

For lowly sum of $1000 you can save grandpa joe

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by djs

200 and counting......

For lowly sum of $1000 you can save grandpa joe

why the heck would you want to?...………… Oh! grandpa joe, I thought you said Uncle Joe!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dumber then a box of Rocks. Probably has to be dressed and spoon fed .

Do you honestly believe this?

Obviously you meant “than” but do you really believe that an incredibly dumb person somehow got himself elected governor of a US state and is pulling off an astonishing power grab that the people of the state are unwilling or unable to stop?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A ruling by SCOTUS had said that the First Amendment right to assemble applied Only to Federal Law in prohibiting the right by Congress in US Vs Cruikshank. The Ruling:

The first amendment to the Constitution prohibits Congress from abridging 'the right of the people to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.' This, like the other amendments proposed and adopted at the same time, was not intended to limit the powers of the State governments in respect to their own citizens, but to operate upon the National government alone. Barron v. The City of Baltimore, 7 Pet. 250; Lessee of Livingston v. Moore, id. 551; Fox v. Ohio, 5 How. 434; Smith v. Maryland, 18 id. 76; Withers v. Buckley, 20 id. 90; Pervear v. The Commonwealth, 5 Wall. 479; Twitchell v. The Commonwealth, 7 id. 321; Edwards v. Elliott, 21 id. 557. It is now too late to question the correctness of this construction. As was said by the late Chief Justice, in Twitchell v. The Commonwealth, 7 Wall. 325, 'the scope and application of these amendments are no longer subjects of discussion here.' They left the authority of the States just where they found it, and added nothing to the already existing powers of the United States.

According to the ruling the 1st Amendment right to assemble applies only to redress and assembly regarding Federal issues as in the actions of Congress. It gives States the power do do otherwise regarding laws and edicts by the States.

I don't agree with this, as that right precedes the founding as a natural right.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
A ruling by SCOTUS had said that the First Amendment right to assemble applied Only to Federal Law in prohibiting the right by Congress in US Vs Cruikshank. The Ruling:

The first amendment to the Constitution prohibits Congress from abridging 'the right of the people to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.' This, like the other amendments proposed and adopted at the same time, was not intended to limit the powers of the State governments in respect to their own citizens, but to operate upon the National government alone. Barron v. The City of Baltimore, 7 Pet. 250; Lessee of Livingston v. Moore, id. 551; Fox v. Ohio, 5 How. 434; Smith v. Maryland, 18 id. 76; Withers v. Buckley, 20 id. 90; Pervear v. The Commonwealth, 5 Wall. 479; Twitchell v. The Commonwealth, 7 id. 321; Edwards v. Elliott, 21 id. 557. It is now too late to question the correctness of this construction. As was said by the late Chief Justice, in Twitchell v. The Commonwealth, 7 Wall. 325, 'the scope and application of these amendments are no longer subjects of discussion here.' They left the authority of the States just where they found it, and added nothing to the already existing powers of the United States.

According to the ruling the 1st Amendment right to assemble applies only to redress and assembly regarding Federal issues as in the actions of Congress. It gives States the power do do otherwise regarding laws and edicts by the States.

I don't agree with this, as that right precedes the founding as a natural right.

From the NC Constitution:

"Sec. 12. Right of assembly and petition.
The people have a right to assemble together to consult for their common good, to instruct
their representatives, and to apply to the General Assembly for redress of grievances..."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
SSE if that Sec.12 is legit ,should be a slam dunk in a legal fight.
I have to wonder though,do the .gov types throw all of the Constitution out the window during a national emergency(or can they)?

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by luv2safari

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are LIFE, LIBERTYand the pursuit of HAPPINESS.

The USSC can only make an “opinion”. It is up to the people to decide whether they will allow government to actually enslave them.

The right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness…

This unwarranted lockdown, is based on fraudulent numbers, therefore is violating the people’s rights.

The right to petition the government goes all the way back to the Magna Carter 1215 Ch. 61. It did not specify “what level of government”, being the people have the “natural” right to address their grievances against “any” government.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution....

That USSC decision is flawed and unconstitutional, thus rendering it null and void.

The North Carolina citizens should have been better prepared, and stepped out of their cars with LONG GUNS, being the police were traitorous thugs at that point, and had ZERO law supporting their actions.

Their actions also prove these TRAITOROUS thugs will follow orders to take guns if a law were to be passed. They are LOW I.Q. idiots, who can not think for themselves, being they can not comprehend the words of the oath they took.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States.”

Ring a bell? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

AMEN! As worthless and helpless sumbitch that has ever infested Raleigh.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buckshot to the throats or pelvis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh when they come after my guns and piss on my 2d amendment right I will show them. Pry from my dead cold hands yeah! 2 hours later cops on guys door step, sir we need your firearms. Guy uh ok here they are..

Death by cop?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by 79S

Death by cop?

No all you ph uckers talk a good game until it’s game time and you roll over like a bunch bitches..

Last edited by 79S; 04/15/20.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
“Carolina Cradle”
Settlement of the Northwest Carolina Frontier 1747 – 1762

The “men”, described in that book above, would never have put up with the unconstitutional crap those cops committed, so why does North Carolina put up with it today?

Those traitorous thugs, with badges pinned on their chests, are a disgrace to the badge.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 04/15/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Yep

It is completely silent on States doing the restricting, and the reserve clause in the 10th Amendment gives States the right to enact anything not specifically forbidden by the Constitution. Under this assumption the States can establish State religions, abridge freedom of speech and press, and deny free assembly within the States.

Try it though...LOL. shocked

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a hint: Rad the 14th Amendment, salient part quoted in my post above (privileges and immunities clause). That is the vehicle by which states were incorporated into certain restrictions in the Bill of Rights.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, Amos63, akrange, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,935
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.