Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
wow, I guess I never paid much attention to them.

Going from my Sportster to it is like going from an accord to a city bus. That thing is big and wide. My arms were almost fully stretched out on the handle bars. I didn't think anything would make my Sportster feel nimble.

it was cool though, I want one.

But it had a solo seat on it and it was white. White is a nice color but I think I want a black one with whitewhalls.

but I'm pretty sure the Road King is for me. Fuel Injected 88ci mid 2000 era is about my price range.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/15/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I ride one 2018. Not as nimble as my Dyna but 500 mile days are much more comfortable.

Me

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I can't imagine riding a bike 500 miles in a day.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think you’ll be happy with it. They have a dedicated following.

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ride an 06 rd king. to me it is the picture I get in my head when I think of an iconic 2 wheeler. about 2 years after i bought it, I got bit by the streetglide bug and could not get it out of my head, so I looked until I found a good buy and bought it. thinking I would sell the rd king, I took off on the st glide for a week long ride. I enjoyed it , but ,the king kept talking to me every day I walked thru the garage. uhgg ! so now 8 years later they both set side by side in the garage. sometimes its a real battle to decide on which one is going out. I can not make myself get rid of the king ( no way no how ) so i just plan a road trip for each one through out the summer, and during the week take one then the other .

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Was it a skeleton mask?

When my brother got his Road King he put over 20,000 miles on it the first year. He found it so comfortable that just wanted to be on it all the time.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA

Do it without even leaving WI. Riding around musky country and just seeing what I see.

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You need to visit an Indian dealer before you jump on that Road King. Not dissing HD at all, just sold one and still got two, one a Sporty, but those big Indians are worth a look.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cuznguido
You need to visit an Indian dealer before you jump on that Road King. Not dissing HD at all, just sold one and still got two, one a Sporty, but those big Indians are worth a look.

Love both my Indians. Really want an '18 or newer softail deluxe though.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The Road King is a nice bike. I have an '09 Fat Boy, but rented an 2012 Road King for a long weekend a few years ago. If I was in the market right now the Road King would be in the top two choices.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Maybe because you were on a Sportster?

I did a number of 1,000 mile days back in the day, on an '88 750 Ninja and a KLR 650. Prob'ly on the high end of the bell curve of course,

But by by no means unique.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I almost bought an 05 that my buddy tricked out, but didn’t end up pulling the trigger years ago. They are real comfy. Put some Rhinehart mufflers on it if it still has stocks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think I'll stick with my 97 Soft Tail- - - -it's paid for, keeps up with traffic, and looks just the way I want it to!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow, I guess I never paid much attention to them.

Going from my Sportster to it is like going from an accord to a city bus. That thing is big and wide. My arms were almost fully stretched out on the handle bars. I didn't think anything would make my Sportster feel nimble.

it was cool though, I want one.

But it had a solo seat on it and it was white. White is a nice color but I think I want a black one with whitewhalls.

but I'm pretty sure the Road King is for me. Fuel Injected 88ci mid 2000 era is about my price range.

Donate some skin to a skin bank now, so you'll have a place in front of the line for a graft later. LOL

Get It!!

...and yes, I'm jealous... wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Will HD even be in business a year from now? Locally there are a lot of motorcycle fatalities and almost all involve guys in the 60's and 70's who no longer have the reflexes, eyesight , upper body strength etc of someone in their 30's. Two of my friends died the past few years after they retired bought a Harley to explore the road. They left behind families . I sold my Indian years ago after many close calls due to inattentive drivers and started mountain biking more and helps keep in shape for hunting. Dirt bike now more too in back country. Your experience may vary lol.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Will HD even be in business a year from now? Locally there are a lot of motorcycle fatalities and almost all involve guys in the 60's and 70's who no longer have the reflexes, eyesight , upper body strength etc of someone in their 30's. Two of my friends died the past few years after they retired bought a Harley to explore the road. They left behind families . I sold my Indian years ago after many close calls due to inattentive drivers and started mountain biking more and helps keep in shape for hunting. Dirt bike now more too in back country. Your experience may vary lol.

HD ain't going anywhere soon.
You got to die of something, right? Dying ain't hard. Round here bike fatalities are mostly young guys. Most us older guys learned to keep our heads on a swivel and anticipate where the danger is to make up for those long gone reflexes, eye sight, etc. Been in a couple car wrecks that weren't my fault, but never been in a bike wreck. I pay more attention to my surroundings on the bike.

Ride, don't ride, whatever, just don't let fear of something keep you from doing what you like.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Gotta die from something. Need to find another Norton Commando.... Snortin’ Norton. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks Mr. Buzzkill

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by ribka

HD ain't going anywhere soon.
You got to die of something, right? Dying ain't hard. Round here bike fatalities are mostly you
Nnng guys. Most us older guys learned to keep our heads on a swivel and anticipate where the danger is to make up for those long gone reflexes, eye sight, etc. Been in a couple car wrecks that weren't my fault, but never been in a bike wreck. I pay more attention to my surroundings on the bike.

Ride, don't ride, whatever, just don't let fear of something keep you from doing what you like.

That's it, wanna stay alive on a 2 wheeler.? Just pretend your invisible..!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
KFWA
I used to ride an Electra Glide and then I hit a deer with it. I have always loved the Road King but this time I settled for a Heritage Softtail Classic.
It is 100 lbs lighter. When you get to be 65 years old 100 lbs makes a difference.
When I was having my annual physical
my nurse told me to keep on doing what you love until you can't do it anymore.
I just hope I die quick and not rotting away in some nursing home.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,014 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,197
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.